Back in 2004, Siemans released the SK65.. It was marketed as having BlackBerry built-in. - Siemens SK65 Mobile Phone Features "BlackBerry Built-In" Technology - Press Releases

Through the BlackBerry Built-In™ licensing program, mobile device manufacturers can incorporate various BlackBerry applications into their own phones or handheld devices including BlackBerry Email™, BlackBerry Calendar™ and BlackBerry Browser™ applications. The Siemens SK65, launched today, is the first mobile phone to feature BlackBerry Built-In™ technology.
    I dunno how well it sold or anything like that however, the funny thing is that it was introduced by Thorsten Heins.

Thorsten Heins, President of Mobile Phones within Siemens mobile, commented: "The SK65 is an ingenious all-in-one solution for business professionals that need to stay in control and informed wherever they travel. With a full set of messaging features it means you have more flexibility about where and when you work. Additionally, we have designed the SK65 to offer a contemporary, yet timeless design for professionals who expect outstanding quality in looks and performance."
    Now, there has been plenty of attempts to blend BlackBerry with other devices before. BlackBerry Connect was among them but that was when BlackBerry was running BBOS and it never really took off.

BlackBerry - Wireless Networks - BlackBerry Connect Software for Business - US

I know we've all addressed the BlackBerry/Google/Android thing before and I'm not really looking to revisit it yet again but with the recent Amazon happenings it has me wondering if instead of BlackBerry working with Google they could work with Amazon to create something similar to all these previous ventures but only using BlackBerry 10/QNX.

I'm just rambling and never gave much thought on how it could be done but that doesn't make it any less interesting lol. BlackBerry kind of sort of has evolved BlackBerry Connect anyway with BES Cloud/BES12 but if the device was based on FireOS with some BB10/QNX security it could be something... or not LOL.
    mago72, Elite1 and Uzi like this.
    06-21-14 08:48 PM
    Wow!

How did this not get mentioned this week between the earnings call and AGM?
    06-21-14 09:56 PM
    I get ur rambling lol, i think Amazon is big enough for BlackBerry to hitch up with and make an even bigger comeback... The marketing power of Amazon is without equal, and they will no doubt sell a bazillion "fire" handsets.. with amazon built into os 10.3xx it could be be a perfect time for a merger

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 09:59 PM
    Bahahaha! I'm too tired!

Didn't even read the "2004" part... Doh!
    Uzi likes this.
    06-21-14 10:07 PM
    If Amazon used QNX to rebuild its OS then sure. As it is people think Amazons FireOS is just a crappy Android that Google services don't work with. Try educating them and you hit a brick wall. There is a lot of potential for BlackBerry and Amazon to work together and people on CB have been saying it for quite some time.
    06-21-14 10:37 PM
    This could definitely help them in more ways than people think.
    What if Amazon starts marketing that their appstore is on blackberry just that would sell more phones and could hopefully change the horrible perception that Americans have of BlackBerry as a company.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:38 PM
    A friend of mine had a p1 Sony Ericsson back in the day n wid a sim provisioned for blackberry service he use to have email access n also browsing

Z30 Beast on Roids...
    06-21-14 10:38 PM
    God I hope BlackBerry partners with Amazon on a bigger level. It give Amazon a platform in which they don't have to developers. All they'd have to do is improve their app store and bring more features to BB10.

I think BlackBerry could really use a partner to improve their situation even better

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 06-21-14 at 10:50 PM.
    06-21-14 10:39 PM
    Wow!

How did this not get mentioned this week between the earnings call and AGM?
    Uh, you do realize this is very old news right?

2004 in fact.
    06-21-14 10:43 PM
    that form factor is interesting. Could try it with a full touch and keyboard.
    06-21-14 10:45 PM
    I had the Siemens device for a while but not with BlackBerry.

As Bla1ze correctly wrote the solution was called BlackBerry Connect and was available for Windows Mobile, Nokia E-series and a few others.

I used it with a Nokia E-62 (cool looking and great built quality, but sooooo slow!).

Stort after I was given a BlackBerry 7800 series device and suddenly I saw the light. I was fast and much easier to setup. I remember we told customers "If you can remember your email and the password given by the admin you can set it up".

BBC was just years too early and today. Today we have secure workspace ("containerization") on iOS, Android and soon WP8, including the MDM features.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:58 AM
    It's weird to remember Thorsten being with Siemens. He was so clueless and awkward with BB you'd think he never had any type of position in mobile phones.

Somewhere he's on a tropical island laughing with his golden parachute money.
    06-22-14 06:44 AM
    I thought the same without knowing all the historical information.

This could happen. Could be a lot more to the partnership than we know.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:53 AM