Shoulda seen me stumbling through a coworkers s5 the other night lol. Needed the phone bad but it wouldn't swipe.

Posted via CB10
    I do it every time I pick up my wife's LG. It's just so unnatural having to push a button to wake the device then swipe to to unlock, and, what's up with having having to push a button so you can close apps running in the back ground then again to exit the screen.
    09-28-15 09:21 AM
    If Blackberry had just given people what they wanted earlier, they would have a lot more cash on their hands right now. They wouldn't be spending so much time and effort trying to cut costs for everything, which is just going to eventually lead them out of business if they don't get it together soon.
    It's all about timimg with RIM and now BlackBerry, along with delays, lack-luster commercials. The Z30 should have been the Z10....two years earlier. Instead, we got the Z10 - which was and still is an awesome device with a crappy battery. The Z30 is still a beast and would have been a game changer for BlackBerry.....opening the door for all others. Again timing.
    09-28-15 09:30 AM
    If Blackberry had just given people what they wanted earlier, they would have a lot more cash on their hands right now. They wouldn't be spending so much time and effort trying to cut costs for everything, which is just going to eventually lead them out of business if they don't get it together soon.
    Absolutely. The train left the station in 2007 with the iPhone and trying to compete against it with BB7 devices was suicidal. The public now associates the brand with outdated junk no matter what the OS is. It is going to take time to turn it around. They need to stick to their guns and keep producing quality phones and secure services.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    09-28-15 10:13 AM
    I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to... Apps? Google Play access? A high-end all-touch device? What is it that BlackBerry didn't give to people when they wanted it? What do you see that they should have done so differently?
    This has been done to death all over the place. Are you playing devils advocate here or what.

How about the Slider, but in 2013, and not with 2010 chipsets, but running BB10, with a PKB and Toolbelt.

BlackBerry never did right by BB10. Never. Not one single BB10 device they released was "no compromises" from the point of view of what made BlackBerry great, until maybe the Classic, but that was too late to actually have the kind of impact it COULD have had if it were released in 2013 at launch. If the Classic was the launch device, and the OS developers were given proper direction to effectively port the BBOS user experience over to a platform that had the HOPE of running modern apps like are possible on Android and iOS, then history might have been different.

What I'm saying is that the BBOS user experience is perfectly fine! You have apps, you can launch them, you have access to an App Store... the problem with BBOS is the TYPES of apps it could run, the physical capabilities of the devices weren't powerful enough to provide the types of app experiences that iOS and Android devices can. BBOS UX with the capability to have "modern" powerful app experiences would have been a better choice than what occurred. Imagine when BBOS had 80 million users, if they could have upgraded to a device that had the POWER of BB10, but the same UX as BBOS, they could have upgraded without skipping a beat: but BB10 was so different from BBOS there was no benefit to BBOS device users to sticking with BB10: if they were going to have to start from scratch and learn an entirely new full-touch UX, why stick with the underdog? Hence the rumoured "100% returns" on the early BB10 devices: BBOS users go in expecting the "next" BlackBerry, they get something altogether different, and decide "I'm not spending $700 on THIS, I'll just keep my current BB device" or they go completely off platform.

BlackBerry tried to BE Apple, when they should have stuck to being BlackBerry. They failed at being Apple, and they squandered their chance to be the Best BlackBerry They Can Be. Now, they are going to try to be the best Samsung they can be. Let's see how that works.

It's all about timimg with RIM and now BlackBerry, along with delays, lack-luster commercials. The Z30 should have been the Z10....two years earlier. Instead, we got the Z10 - which was and still is an awesome device with a crappy battery. The Z30 is still a beast and would have been a game changer for BlackBerry.....opening the door for all others. Again timing.
    Exactly: the aphorism "too little too late" isn't apt: it's more like "enough, but too late", or "the wrong thing at the right time" or something.

There's a huge life lesson here about being true to yourself: if BlackBerry was "BlackBerry" in 2010-2013 during the development of the PlayBook and BB10, rather than trying to pass themselves off as "Apple, but better", things would have been different.

I guess the question is: is it completely totally too late for BlackBerry to be BlackBerry again?
    09-28-15 10:20 AM
    Just because he may read and pay attention, doesn't mean that he would make unsound business choices for the sake of catering to the 'diehards'.

He's a smart business man. Sometimes you have to make the tough decisions knowing that you will upset some people.
    You mean the descision to obviously NOT make it TOP priority a looooooooooooong time ago to keep the few "diehards" sticking with the brand by procrastinating to find a solution for the double typing issues? Yes, that's being a smart business man is all about.
    09-28-15 10:24 AM
    If Chen or other Blackberry workers truly payed attention to the forums, they would give loyal Blackberry customers what they wanted most:

1) A high-end BB10 successor to the Z30
    2) A high-end BB10 Qwerty phone with a trackpad
    You need to realize there's not enough loyal Blackberry customers to guide the company's hardware strategy.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-28-15 10:27 AM
    Chen's awareness of the fiercely-loyal BlackBerry user community probably comes from the "So, you're BlackBerry's New CEO" pamphlet that he was given when he took the job. I doubt much gets filtered up to Chen from here, unless it comes directly from CrackBerry management.

(EDITED)
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-28-15 at 01:29 PM.
    09-28-15 11:46 AM
    Some probably saw this but I thought it was funny and cool.

"When this first leaked I thought the Crackberry people was going to send an assassin to kill me,� he quipped. �One thing is good for our people: We have some really committed diehards. I respect that there�s a lot of heritage here, a lot of pride."

BlackBerry bets on Android's apps to buoy new Priv - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    That's NICE! I'm glad he knows we exist.
    09-28-15 02:57 PM
    He needs to take notes then. We want a BB10 version.

My really kickazz Z30
    09-29-15 08:50 AM
    I don't care for the curved screen or slide out keyboard but I would buy once running OS10 if it helped keep the OS alive.
    Otherwise I won't be buying another blackberry after over 10 years. I will not use an android device.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    09-30-15 09:26 PM
    Would be even cooler if he paid attention to what he read.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-30-15 10:35 PM
    I don't care for the curved screen or slide out keyboard but I would buy once running OS10 if it helped keep the OS alive.
    Otherwise I won't be buying another blackberry after over 10 years. I will not use an android device.
    Same here.

Sadly... I am afraid that Chen has finally sunk the ship.

15 years of BlackBerry only for me... over a dozen devices in all.

100% certain now that I have already purchased my last one.

Great job Chairman Chen... NOT!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-30-15 11:06 PM
    He needs to take notes then. We want a BB10 version.

My really kickazz Z30
    Join in...

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...r4us?locale=en

:-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-01-15 06:21 PM
38 12