Some probably saw this but I thought it was funny and cool.

"When this first leaked I thought the Crackberry people was going to send an assassin to kill me,� he quipped. �One thing is good for our people: We have some really committed diehards. I respect that there�s a lot of heritage here, a lot of pride."

BlackBerry bets on Android's apps to buoy new Priv - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 04:38 PM
    At least he's informed by people who do read CrackBerry.
    Blacklatino and RyanGermann like this.
    09-26-15 04:52 PM
    He should have informed himself on the specs and how to use the Priv on BNN. That was the painful video to watch.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    09-26-15 05:31 PM
    It a last minute decision due to all the leaks, but yes, he could have done better.
    09-26-15 05:34 PM
    He should have informed himself on the specs and how to use the Priv on BNN. That was the painful video to watch.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    You can tell that he is too used to bb10 he tried swiping out of the app lol.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-26-15 05:37 PM
    If Chen or other Blackberry workers truly payed attention to the forums, they would give loyal Blackberry customers what they wanted most:

1) A high-end BB10 successor to the Z30
    2) A high-end BB10 Qwerty phone with a trackpad
    09-26-15 06:05 PM
    If Chen or other Blackberry workers truly payed attention to the forums, they would give loyal Blackberry customers what they wanted most:

Just because he may read and pay attention, doesn't mean that he would make unsound business choices for the sake of catering to the 'diehards'.

He's a smart business man. Sometimes you have to make the tough decisions knowing that you will upset some people.
    09-26-15 06:09 PM
    Just because he may read and pay attention, doesn't mean that he would make unsound business choices for the sake of catering to the 'diehards'.

He's a smart business man. Sometimes you have to make the tough decisions knowing that you will upset some people.
    If Blackberry had just given people what they wanted earlier, they would have a lot more cash on their hands right now. They wouldn't be spending so much time and effort trying to cut costs for everything, which is just going to eventually lead them out of business if they don't get it together soon.
    09-26-15 06:23 PM
    You can tell that he is too used to bb10 he tried swiping out of the app lol.

Posted via CB10
    That was so awkward. Lol. I think the interviewer - can't remember her name right now - thought WTF? From that swipe until the end it was painful to watch. Oh man. Your first chance to show off the device and you stumbled your way through it.

09-26-15 07:18 PM
    Shoulda seen me stumbling through a coworkers s5 the other night lol. Needed the phone bad but it wouldn't swipe.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:22 PM
    If Blackberry had just given people what they wanted earlier, they would have a lot more cash on their hands right now. They wouldn't be spending so much time and effort trying to cut costs for everything, which is just going to eventually lead them out of business if they don't get it together soon.
    I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to... Apps? Google Play access? A high-end all-touch device? What is it that BlackBerry didn't give to people when they wanted it? What do you see that they should have done so differently?
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-26-15 10:28 PM
    I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to... Apps? Google Play access? A high-end all-touch device? What is it that BlackBerry didn't give to people when they wanted it? What do you see that they should have done so differently?
    They should've done the switch to Android 4 years ago & skipped the BB10... which is what the investors were asking them to do! It's in the book: Losing the Signal
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-26-15 10:41 PM

Smart business man?

Have you looked at BBRY stock lately?

Have you paid attention to his pathetic quarterly performance reports over almost 2 years now?

He was going to sell 10 million devices a year but can't sell even a tenth of that due to his bull headed refusal to advertise.

Dumb as a box of rocks would be a better description.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:43 PM
    Blackberry loves self inflicted wounds. He reads crackberry.....so he saw the full on revolt over the epic horrible Priv name and still went forward with it.....wow, just wow.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    09-27-15 02:36 AM
    Shoulda seen me stumbling through a coworkers s5 the other night lol. Needed the phone bad but it wouldn't swipe.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah or myself trying out some typical glass slabs on display in a store, I keep doing BB10 gestures all the time only to be remembered they don't work.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 02:37 AM

The real list reads like this...

Z10 with high-end specs because the Z30 is too big
    Z30 with high-end specs because the Z10 is too small
    Q10 with high-end specs because BB10 wasn't designed for the toolbelt and shouldn't have one
    Classic with high-end specs because a BlackBerry with a toolbelt is what a BlackBerry is
    Passport with high-end specs because it's been a year
    FF22, 00stryder and GreenCopperz like this.
    09-27-15 02:48 AM
    A bunch of people want iPhone's and Galaxy's. How do you propose he does that?
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-27-15 02:50 AM
    They should've done the switch to Android 4 years ago & skipped the BB10... which is what the investors were asking them to do! It's in the book: Losing the Signal
    Switching to Android four years ago would have killed their security business, which is the only thing propping them up while hardware is bleeding...
    TGR1 and wincyUt like this.
    09-27-15 02:53 AM
    Blackberry loves self inflicted wounds. He reads crackberry.....so he saw the full on revolt over the epic horrible Priv name and still went forward with it.....wow, just wow.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Which could mean we're pretty close to release...
    09-27-15 02:59 AM
    Switching to Android four years ago would have killed their security business, which is the only thing propping them up while hardware is bleeding...
    Besides the situation actually wasn't that bad back then. They believed they could evolve BBOS into BB10 and get existing customers over, I even think that goal wasn't unrealistic. It's a shame though it didn't work as intended, most likely due to the app situation, but also because of the choice of hardware, poor marketing and initial state of BB10 at the first year of release.
    There are a lot of "if's" when it gets to the possibility of BB10 getting successful, but it's too late now and I am kind of glad BlackBerry stayed Bold and decided to create their own OS, try the more complicated route rather than joining that Android horde.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-27-15 04:31 AM

Obviously they did try it, with 1) and 2) combined into a single phone, and omitting the 'BB10' part.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-27-15 05:41 AM
    That was so awkward. Lol. I think the interviewer - can't remember her name right now - thought WTF? From that swipe until the end it was painful to watch. Oh man. Your first chance to show off the device and you stumbled your way through it.

I think if he had someone else present it, people would be more excited on the product. I would rather have someone who knows how to present the product be alongside the CEO instead of the CEO himself.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-15 08:42 AM
    I think if he had someone else present it, people would be more excited on the product. I would rather have someone who knows how to present the product be alongside the CEO instead of the CEO himself.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I think BlackBerry is lacking big time someone with confidence and public appeal. I've watched a lot of their product launches and the presenters are horrible. A lot of tech companies feel the CEO needs to introduce or launch a product because of Jobs. He did it because he didn't trust anyone else to do it, and he was involved from start to finish of each product. Jobs knew the products better than anyone else.

CyberMan2013 likes this.
    09-27-15 09:40 AM
    I believe that crack-berry is a generic term like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine which describes those things which are very addictive.
    09-28-15 08:46 AM
    I believe that crack-berry is a generic term like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine which describes those things which are very addictive.
    Exactly. Weren't BlackBerry fans called crackberry since a long time?

Passport, SQW 100-1, OS 10.3.2.2339
    09-28-15 09:09 AM
38 12