Please help me buy rim and take it private so I can moon the speculators.
    As I am A Canadian and Rim is A Canadian I therefore feel it appropriate to
    only accept Canadian Tire monies in donation.
    Thank you.
    06-24-12 06:22 PM
    Please help me buy rim and take it private so I can moon the speculators.
    As I am A Canadian and Rim is A Canadian I therefore feel it appropriate to
    only accept Canadian Tire monies in donation.
    Thank you.

I have about $800 in Canadian tire funds, if I can figure out the transfer and the support is there I'll contribute

though I don't think ALL of the Canadian tire currency ever issued combined would equal what we'd need to buy an equity stake in RIM
    BB10FTW likes this.
    06-24-12 06:28 PM
    Have thought about it.... If there's going to be a Kickstarter for RIMM it's gotta be me pushing it forward. But if we do something like this it has to be legit... not just a laughable for fun thing.
    06-24-12 06:44 PM
    I don't have any Canadian tire fund money
    06-24-12 06:50 PM
    Have thought about it.... If there's going to be a Kickstarter for RIMM it's gotta be me pushing it forward. But if we do something like this it has to be legit... not just a laughable for fun thing.
    That $200 Vuvuzela purchase seems silly now, huh?
    06-24-12 07:17 PM
    That $200 Vuvuzela purchase seems silly now, huh?
    Destroyed!!

lol
    06-24-12 07:19 PM
    Please... Please do it !!
    06-24-12 07:21 PM
    Made me smile... you gotta raise about 3 billion dollars to own about half the company.

But don't let me stop you... once done, can we try one for Greece. You never know it might be cheaper.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-12 07:46 PM
    Made me smile... you gotta raise about 3 billion dollars to own about half the company.

But don't let me stop you... once done, can we try one for Greece. You never know it might be cheaper.
    Well... I do like greek salad but that gawd allfull screaming when you cut them up is un-nerving :|
    06-24-12 08:02 PM
    Well... I do like greek salad but that gawd allfull screaming when you cut them up is un-nerving :|
    When I was in Greece I asked where the best place to get authentic Greek food was, and they told me "have you ever heard of Toronto?" I said ya why, they said go there.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-24-12 08:04 PM
    When I was in Greece I asked where the best place to get authentic Greek food was, and they told me "have you ever heard of Toronto?" I said ya why, they said go there.
    Anywhere along the Danforth if you are looking for traditional and fusion Greek fare. Taste of the Danforth is an amazing street event too.
    06-24-12 08:14 PM
    Anywhere along the Danforth if you are looking for traditional and fusion Greek fare. Taste of the Danforth is an amazing street event too.
    I agree, I love the taste of Danforth,

Toronto is an amazing city for Food choices. if only traffic wasn't so bad, and if only Toronto didn't hate cars so much and actually made parking accessible,
    06-24-12 08:22 PM
    I have about $800 in Canadian tire funds, if I can figure out the transfer and the support is there I'll contribute

though I don't think ALL of the Canadian tire currency ever issued combined would equal what we'd need to buy an equity stake in RIM
    DeRusset that is a ton of Canadian Tire money. Literally thousands of dollars had to be spent to get that amount. You sir are a true Canadian and an inspiration to us all.
    06-24-12 09:05 PM
    Try Tarpon Springs in Florida for great Greek food. There is a Greek community of over 30,000.
    06-24-12 09:10 PM
    The biggest population of Greeks outside Athens is here in Australia. We lurve Greek food!
    06-24-12 09:14 PM
    Interesting. Perhaps the name will be for sale after the patents are sold off.
    06-24-12 10:11 PM
    DeRusset that is a ton of Canadian Tire money. Literally thousands of dollars had to be spent to get that amount. You sir are a true Canadian and an inspiration to us all.
    that is a FRACTION of my Canadian Tire money, in 2010 I put $21,000 in fuel in my F250 most of which at Canadian Tire, which gives from 4c to 7c per L which is probably the $800-$1000 there, in addition to that I get a % multiplier on everything spent, and then being as I am a top 10% user I also get an additional 20% multiplier so on a purchase that I'd make $1 Canadian tire dollar on, I get to make $1.20

in the last 3 years form Canadian tire I've purchased exclusively with CTM

- Dewalt 10" tablet saw
    - 12' Trampoline with enclosure
    - 25' Ladder
    - 8' inflatable water slide
    - Impact Gun & Bits
    - Dremel tool - and bits

I think that's it but that list is a few $1000
    06-24-12 10:26 PM
    "in 2010 I put $21,000 in fuel in my F250"

Man, what were you doing with it? Towing buildings through the snow??
    06-25-12 12:43 AM

- Dewalt 10" tablet saw
    - 12' Trampoline with enclosure
    - 25' Ladder
    - 8' inflatable water slide
    - Impact Gun & Bits
    - Dremel tool - and bits
    You would make an awesome neighbor...
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-25-12 01:37 AM
    I am always disappointed with the Greek food in Toronto. It's too generic. The last good Greek food I ate in North America was Kouzzina at the Boardwalk Disney resort in Orlando.
    06-25-12 02:58 AM
    Maybe Mike and Jim would help. Last I heard, they still hold RIM stock.
    06-25-12 05:26 AM
    "in 2010 I put $21,000 in fuel in my F250"

Man, what were you doing with it? Towing buildings through the snow??
    my usual 100,000km+ of driving about 30,000km was towing a triailer
    06-25-12 06:33 AM
    I am always disappointed with the Greek food in Toronto. It's too generic. The last good Greek food I ate in North America was Kouzzina at the Boardwalk Disney resort in Orlando.
    I'm far from a connoisseur of Greek cuisine, but I found a few Places by Person Airport and down on the danforth very good,
    When I was in Greece I traveled starting in Ioannina zig zaging south trying all the different foods, it was good, but no better than I found in Toronto.
    Though the Olive oil in Greece was far nicer than anything I can buy here!.
    Last edited by deRusett; 06-25-12 at 06:44 AM.
    06-25-12 06:39 AM
    Wow, this thread has taken a very sharp change in direction to randomness.

As much as I like the idea of shutting up the speculators at the moment this will only add more fuel to the fire.

I can only imagine the headlines of how RIMM must be in such trouble that a Kickstarter campaign could be their salvation.
    OniBerry likes this.
    06-25-12 10:21 AM
    A bad investment is a bad investment, either way you look at it.
    06-25-12 10:46 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD