they should just continue to make bb10 devices and sell em at £99 a go. sell em as secure email and messaging phones and just leave it there. There's a market for it at that price point.
    02-18-20 04:36 PM
    they should just continue to make bb10 devices and sell em at £99 a go. sell em as secure email and messaging phones and just leave it there. There's a market for it at that price point.
    The problem is that they can't. BB10 does not work on modern hardware, and they don't make the old stuff anymore.

The software would have to be rebuilt from the ground up at a cost of 100s of millions of dollars and a couple of years.
    02-18-20 04:40 PM
    The problem is that they can't. BB10 does not work on modern hardware, and they don't make the old stuff anymore.

The software would have to be rebuilt from the ground up at a cost of 100s of millions of dollars and a couple of years.
    We need an on line petition.
    02-18-20 05:36 PM

It's amazing how all these armchair CEO's just cannot seem to grasp that.
    02-18-20 05:45 PM
    It's amazing how all these armchair CEO's just cannot seem to grasp that.
    Everyone *can* grasp that. It's just some absolutely refuse to.
    ppeters914 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-18-20 06:50 PM
    Everyone *can* grasp that. It's just some absolutely refuse to.
    But they are experts . . .
    02-18-20 06:55 PM
    Make BB10 devices from what? Components were all custom and internals with drivers all circa 2012-2013 which don’t exist anymore. The sheer minimums are why BB had those huge purchase commitments and write downs back then
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-20 09:57 PM
    As I said an official statement. This is a random tweet that Considering the content I am pretty sure was not authorized by BBL. BBL does not care and is not saying anything about TCL moving on and BBM'S demise.
    Found it! I had seen this tweet (see attached) and read it then moved on. Frankly, it didn't occur to me that someone would question whether BlackBerry Ltd had acknowledged TCL's announcement after I said I had seen something. I also had seen the tweet I posted from BlackBerryHelp, and couldn't find this one from BlackBerry Ltd at the time. I knew I wasn't imagining things. Anyway, here it is. Dated Feb 3 ( prior to the BlackBerryhelp tweets.) Kickstarter BlackBerry 10 (Android 10 that is)-notable-00062.jpg
    02-19-20 04:49 AM
    Agreed this is just a tweet from some no named CSR. We have zero offical statements from BBL named employee. The silence and lack of a statement with a name behind it speaks volumes. BBL is willing to let the of the end of BlackBerry branded phones fade away quickly and quietly.
    They have spoken. See my prior post. And yes, as I said earlier, I had seen this notice from BlackBerry ltd when they posted it. But I couldn't find it. Now I have. The BlackBerryhelp posts came after this one.
    02-19-20 04:56 AM
    They have spoken. See my prior post. And yes, as I said earlier, I had seen this notice from BlackBerry ltd when they posted it. But I couldn't find it. Now I have. The BlackBerryhelp posts came after this one.
    I believe what is meant is an official statement from BlackBerry Limited and not from some CSR that has access to official account but without actual knowledge.

Large Fortune 1000 companies that have CSRs encourage their employees to learn how to answer questions and make statements without saying anything of actual claim or fact.

The person isn’t speaking with actual knowledge and the broken language isn’t very indicative of an official BlackBerry press release. It’s simply a statement of the obvious. If some company approached BlackBerry to meet the same requirements of all three BlackBerry licensees, there you go. As soon as the check is cleared, you’ll see official press release.

The reality is that BlackBerry Limited, with it’s official press release, didn’t float any indication of encouragement like you’d expect from anyone interested with another deal. Simply put, the company seems to be focusing on it’s core businesses UEM, QNX and BBCylance due to it’s economic resource limitations.
    02-19-20 07:23 AM
    I believe what is meant is an official statement from BlackBerry Limited and not from some CSR that has access to official account but without actual knowledge.

Large Fortune 1000 companies that have CSRs encourage their employees to learn how to answer questions and make statements without saying anything of actual claim or fact.

The person isn’t speaking with actual knowledge and the broken language isn’t very indicative of an official BlackBerry press release. It’s simply a statement of the obvious. If some company approached BlackBerry to meet the same requirements of all three BlackBerry licensees, there you go. As soon as the check is cleared, you’ll see official press release.

The reality is that BlackBerry Limited, with it’s official press release, didn’t float any indication of encouragement like you’d expect from anyone interested with another deal. Simply put, the company seems to be focusing on it’s core businesses UEM, QNX and BBCylance due to it’s economic resource limitations.
    What was posted on BlackBerry 's official Twitter feed was excellent English. It was posted Feb 3 but I just found where I had seen it, made a screen shot of it, and posted it in this thread within the last 6 or 7 hours of writing this post. This was to respond again to the poster who said that there had been no response at all from BlackBerry about the discontinuation of the TCL - BlackBerry agreement.
    The one I just posted was from BlackBerry Ltd 's official Twitter feed. The BlackBerryhelp replies to tweeted inquiries (I have seen 3 of them) as to whether there will be any more devices came later.
    Perhaps you want a letter sent to you that is hand signed by John Chen and delivered by courier (that has to be signed for upon delivery to you) with copies sent to the senior executives at BlackBerry and TCL.
    Or perhaps you either did not read the whole thread and did not see what I posted.
    02-19-20 11:00 AM
    What was posted on BlackBerry 's official Twitter feed was excellent English. It was posted Feb 3 but I just found where I had seen it, made a screen shot of it, and posted it in this thread within the last 6 or 7 hours of writing this post. This was to respond again to the poster who said that there had been no response at all from BlackBerry about the discontinuation of the TCL - BlackBerry agreement.
    The one I just posted was from BlackBerry Ltd 's official Twitter feed. The BlackBerryhelp replies to tweeted inquiries (I have seen 3 of them) as to whether there will be any more devices came later.
    Perhaps you want a letter sent to you that is hand signed by John Chen and delivered by courier (that has to be signed for upon delivery to you) with copies sent to the senior executives at BlackBerry and TCL.
    Or perhaps you either did not read the whole thread and did not see what I posted.
    We have to be honest and recognise that the post is 99% fluff and 1% real.
    02-19-20 11:09 AM
    I read everything. BlackBerry Limited posted the licensing deal is over. The end. Period. No mas..... that’s an official professional statement without any mention of future

The other post is what I referred to.... which is somebody posting a non-official response also known as polite opinion but no factual basis.

Basically I’m saying 1+& = @ not 1+1=2

I’m not sure how you weigh each post equally as they obviously weren’t prepared and sent equally purposeful
    02-19-20 11:23 AM
    I read everything. BlackBerry Limited posted the licensing deal is over. The end. Period. No mas..... that’s an official professional statement without any mention of future

The other post is what I referred to.... which is somebody posting a non-official response also known as polite opinion but no factual basis.

Basically I’m saying 1+& = @ not 1+1=2

I’m not sure how you weigh each post equally as they obviously weren’t prepared and sent equally purposeful
    You really read the BlackBerry Ltd post? Then you should have been specific as to which post you were referring to. First time you mentioned that.
    Read the thread. I was answering eshropshire's post that there had been no announcement by BlackBerry limited regarding this the end of the licensing arrangement with BlackBerry ltd. I made the effort to go and find BlackBerry ltd's announcement for him. Now you are saying your comment was about BlackBerryhelp's statement.
    02-19-20 12:13 PM
    You really read the BlackBerry Ltd post? Then you should have been specific as to which post you were referring to. First time you mentioned that.
    Read the thread. I was answering eshropshire's post that there had been no announcement by BlackBerry limited regarding this the end of the licensing arrangement with BlackBerry ltd. I made the effort to go and find BlackBerry ltd's announcement for him. Now you are saying your comment was about BlackBerryhelp's statement.
    Sorry for the confusion?!? LMAO - and this shall pass too
    02-19-20 12:28 PM
    Sorry for the confusion?!? LMAO - and this shall pass too
    02-19-20 09:13 PM
66 123