So with TCL out of the picture. Maybe Chen could do us a favor by allowing us to crowdfund a new device . I mean doesn't have to be a huge departure from devices of the past. They already have the software suite they can push along with android 10. Maybe make it a android one device so updates are on Google's end. Only go ahead with the project if goals are met. No overstock. And us blackberry fans can have a newly updated device. Ask what we want. Listen to those things. Give us a price and see how it goes from there.
    02-11-20 08:56 AM
    This will never happen.
    so crow, Flatman, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    02-11-20 08:57 AM
    So with TCL out of the picture. Maybe Chen could do us a favor by allowing us to crowdfund a new device . I mean doesn't have to be a huge departure from devices of the past. They already have the software suite they can push along with android 10. Maybe make it a android one device so updates are on Google's end. Only go ahead with the project if goals are met. No overstock. And us blackberry fans can have a newly updated device. Ask what we want. Listen to those things. Give us a price and see how it goes from there.
    Get back to us when your fund tops $100 million.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-11-20 09:11 AM
    curious what you think the "goal amount" would need to be? Then we can have some fun with numbers
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-11-20 09:16 AM
    curious what you think the "goal amount" would need to be? Then we can have some fun with numbers
    Pretty sure if it cost more than $100 Chen wouldn't go for it.....
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-11-20 10:28 AM
    ....and by the way he would not even understand the question.... Lol!!
    02-11-20 12:06 PM
    BlackBerry will license their IP but you need to bring a checkbook with ten figures and a business plan that makes sense. Good luck finding either of those on Kickstarter!

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-11-20 12:15 PM
    We are all at different stages of grief.
    Last edited by gebco; 02-11-20 at 12:44 PM.
    02-11-20 12:24 PM
    Very true. I found acceptance back in 2013, which has enabled me to enjoy more than six wonderful years with my BB10 phones.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    gebco likes this.
    02-11-20 01:02 PM
    If you'd like a pkb device order a Unihertz Titan and install Blackberry apps using Cobalts Download Manager... If you want a VKB Android one experience get a Pixel or a Nokia and install Android apps again using the same method... :-)
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-11-20 01:13 PM
    OMG.......

ck2nb, gebco, ppeters914 and 4 others like this.
    02-11-20 05:35 PM
    hahahaha .. just for clarification. i haven't owned a blackberry since the priv. neither of the TCL offerings made their way into my collection. Just seeing as companies like unihertz can make a new device (terrible as it may be) with an all new design. not sure why blackberry can't offer something familiar and even if it's only small profits. its profit none the less. now i know this is a very unlikely scenario as BlackBerry is no longer interested in the device sector. but nostalgia can be worth something can it not? why not let the crackberry bunch at least have their fix. even if it's just the namesake with a good keyboard. hell recycle old parts from passport and classic. and I know the horse is dead. I left it by the roadside a few years ago. but I'm looking for a new ride with the old feeling
    02-11-20 05:45 PM
    But what if it runs Google??
    02-11-20 05:49 PM
    hahahaha .. just for clarification. i haven't owned a blackberry since the priv. neither of the TCL offerings made their way into my collection. Just seeing as companies like unihertz can make a new device (terrible as it may be) with an all new design. not sure why blackberry can't offer something familiar and even if it's only small profits. its profit none the less. now i know this is a very unlikely scenario as BlackBerry is no longer interested in the device sector. but nostalgia can be worth something can it not? why not let the crackberry bunch at least have their fix. even if it's just the namesake with a good keyboard. hell recycle old parts from passport and classic. and I know the horse is dead. I left it by the roadside a few years ago. but I'm looking for a new ride with the old feeling
    There are no profits though which is the entire issue of why TCL and BB are no longer in the mobile phone business
    02-11-20 05:52 PM
    There are no profits though which is the entire issue of why TCL and BB are no longer in the mobile phone business
    Tcl is still in the mobile business...
    02-12-20 12:22 AM
    Tcl is still in the mobile business...
    Come on... nitpicking.
    02-12-20 01:10 AM
    It never hurts to dream.
    02-12-20 01:50 AM
    Awesome! is "Grief" the new code name? I like it.
    Hmm might be appropriate because Charlie Brown knew that, "Good" comes before "grief".
    It never hurts to dream. - that is of course , unless you are sleepwalking with an ios or android in your hands ;-)
    gebco likes this.
    02-12-20 04:22 AM
    Awesome! is "Grief" the new code name? I like it.
    Hmm might be appropriate because Charlie Brown knew that, "Good" comes before "grief".
    It never hurts to dream. - that is of course , unless you are sleepwalking with an ios or android in your hands ;-)
    I like the "Good Grief" shock in the experimental world.

Two IPhones have been seen with BlackBerry Hub running. I don't know how far apple is along the chain. But it seems to be working. When they will fully BlackBerry quarantine the system, I do not know. The government of the United Kingdom is heavily involved, with at least six departments looking at the potential.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 02-17-20 at 06:23 PM.
    02-12-20 05:16 AM
    Go ahead and try it. You'll understand once you see the response.
    02-12-20 06:38 AM
    Soo true.
    gebco likes this.
    02-12-20 07:05 AM
    But is Unihertz making money on hardware or on user data?

Why does the local coffee shop sell coffee for half what Starbucks does?
    02-12-20 07:26 AM
    But is Unihertz making money on hardware or on user data?

Why does the local coffee shop sell coffee for half what Starbucks does?
    Is the local coffee shop close to the Starbucks? You might want to setup surveillance cameras by Starbucks' trash bins for how that local coffee shop is getting their coffee beans. Half-used half-priced!
    02-12-20 08:04 AM
    Is the local coffee shop close to the Starbucks? You might want to setup surveillance cameras by Starbucks' trash bins for how that local coffee shop is getting their coffee beans. Half-used half-priced!
    No... and they aren't in a building that cost a million dollars, they don't have twenty employees, and they aren't open 18 hours a day.
    02-12-20 08:22 AM
    No... and they aren't in a building that cost a million dollars, they don't have twenty employees, and they aren't open 18 hours a day.
    It was a joke lol, I was not being serious. Guess I needed to use sarcasm font.

I don't even like Starbucks, believe their products are not good and way over-priced (just like Apple... I don't like them either lol).
    cribble2k likes this.
    02-12-20 08:27 AM
66 123