As spotted on the Geekbench, K2 is powered with SoC 625 with 4 GB of Ram. Already the K1 is released with same Spec and not sure why there is no update in K2 except a minor change in build. Since this is a PKB, i don't except it to have IP certification on it.

Really disappointed by seeing the Specs??
    05-14-18 09:47 AM
    05-14-18 09:58 AM
    05-14-18 10:28 AM
    Something else. The Key2 is the BBF100-x.
    05-14-18 10:31 AM
    Do you see in the article where its a rumored KEYtwo lite?
    05-14-18 10:31 AM
    May be BBG refers to Ghost?
    05-14-18 10:37 AM
    May be BBG refers to Ghost?
    Doubt it. BBG just happens to be after BBF
    05-14-18 10:44 AM
    Ahhh, keeping lot of suspense's......
    No information on Ghost, if K2 is with 660soc, what is the BBG 625? need to wait for couple of months to reveal
    05-14-18 10:48 AM
    Do you see in the article where its a rumored KEYtwo lite?
    05-14-18 11:03 AM
    Originally we were getting higher end phone and then something less than it.

As the article stated it might be that this 2nd device is a K2 lite.... but I really don't see the purpose of another SD625 device. Other than it is a good midgrade processor (combined buying power), and a K2 lite would allow for some manufacturing savings if they use the same body and share some other components. As well as a new name would remove the pricing fatigue of the KEYone... But it would probable mean that the K1 would no longer be manufactured... and with inventory so tight, it will disappear quickly.

Some taught that the new phone might be a little smaller and maybe powered by something like a SD450.... and be priced under the KEYone. Taught TCL had stated that neither of the new phones was a direct KEYone replacement....

Time will tell...
    05-14-18 11:03 AM
    05-14-18 11:06 AM
    Since this is a PKB, i don't except it to have IP certification on it.
    I don't get this misconception that many people have, that somehow a PKB device can't have a proper IP rating.

It can.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-14-18 11:28 AM
    Oh Yes, just now noticed, sorry i overlooked. K2 Lite, Ah ha, better with affordable cost.
    05-14-18 11:36 AM
    I don't get this misconception that many people have, that somehow a PKB device can't have a proper IP rating.

It can.
    You're in charge of this CrackBerry to BlackBerry Mobile request. I’m being serious. I believe it needs PRIV unibody style of PKB according to old posts you made. If you get this done, I’ll back the PRIV 2 initiative due in 2019-20.
    We’ll put @ToniCipriani incharge of that initiative.
    05-14-18 11:47 AM

It can.
    Agree.... But can it have one at the same cost to the OEM???
    05-14-18 11:51 AM
    You're in charge of this CrackBerry to BlackBerry Mobile request. I’m being serious. I believe it needs PRIV unibody style of PKB according to old posts you made. If you get this done, I’ll back the PRIV 2 initiative due in 2019-20.
    Lol I didn't feel like explaining how it could be done again, thanks for doing it for me lol

How could I realistically bring this to BBMo's attention?
    05-14-18 12:10 PM
    Agree.... But can it have one at the same cost to the OEM???
    The Priv was probably expensive to make because of the slider mechanism.

The keyboard itself however, is basically a sophisticated piece of rubber that should not have cost a fortune to engineer
    Last edited by the_boon; 05-14-18 at 12:54 PM.
    05-14-18 12:23 PM
    If I'm in charge... it won't be a BlackBerry.
    05-14-18 12:37 PM
    Lol I didn't feel like explaining how it could be done again, thanks for doing it for me lol

How could I realistically bring this to BBMo's attention?
    Personally, I think posting idea to BBMo twitter could generate best shot. I put this idea between (two models with same externals but different internals) and (Different size hardware).

That’s because scalability and uniformity for sales and cost volume are primary concern still. IP rating PKB device could be uniform across KEYthree and KEYfour (including Lite) once they’ve cleared out the existing PKB components first.
    05-14-18 12:37 PM
    If I'm in charge... it won't be a BlackBerry.
    LOL .. fine.... it’s a Palm branded slider.....instead of Porsche version, there’s a Cipriani version..... or Pontiac... your choice
    05-14-18 12:41 PM
    LOL .. fine.... it’s a Palm branded slider.....instead of Porsche version, there’s a Cipriani version..... or Pontiac... your choice
    PalmOne. Running Android One.

Modular PCB design, a slider and a slate, slate will aim squarely at the Nokia 6 and 7.
    05-14-18 12:52 PM
    PalmOne. Running Android One.

Modular PCB design, a slider and a slate, slate will aim squarely at the Nokia 6 and 7.
    I can see a $200 PalmOne on Verizon getting some traction (SD450, 2GB/16GB... ) A plus version with full Android and little better specs for $400 might still be a hit...... a hit to any hopes BBMo has.

Think that's the problem TCL is facing... what to do with Palm and not hurt their attempts to make use of the BlackBerry brand. Sure they could stick to a SLAB design, and try to use this better known brand for their entry level devices that they haven't been able to move here with the unknown (by smartphone consumers in NA) Alcatel brand. But the Palm fans, are going to want a PKB device....
    05-14-18 01:44 PM
    I can see a $200 PalmOne on Verizon getting some traction (SD450, 2GB/16GB... ) A plus version with full Android and little better specs for $400 might still be a hit...... a hit to any hopes BBMo has.

Think that's the problem TCL is facing... what to do with Palm and not hurt their attempts to make use of the BlackBerry brand. Sure they could stick to a SLAB design, and try to use this better known brand for their entry level devices that they haven't been able to move here with the unknown (by smartphone consumers in NA) Alcatel brand. But the Palm fans, are going to want a PKB device....
    That class is already covered by Alcatel running Android GO.

So you have Alcatel covering low-end with GO, Palm running midrange mainstream with One, and finally BlackBerry Mobile with BlackBerry Android with whatever secure BS BlackBerry Limited is charging for the licensing fee.
    05-14-18 01:47 PM

The only way for them to use Palm without eating away at the BBMobile brand would be to stick to low end budget, sub 250$. A price point that stays clear of the 450$-600$ BB phones.

Anyone agree?

At least since they own palm there would be no hefty BB tax.
    05-14-18 02:12 PM
    The only way for them to use Palm without eating away at the BBMobile brand would be to stick to low end budget, sub 250$. A price point that stays clear of the 450$-600$ BB phones.

Anyone agree?

At least since they own palm there would be no hefty BB tax.
    You forgot Alcatel.
    05-14-18 02:15 PM
48 12