Hi friends,

the KEYone looks like it's built like a tank.

But it just totally failed the bend test on "JerryRigEverything" which is somehow disappointing.
    The screen totally lifted off, which also was a problem with the Passport SE:

Just look for yourself - you might wanna skip to: 4:31:

Hmmm....
    06-08-17 10:50 AM
    Well, they could rename it BlackBerry breakone!!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:44 PM
    There's an actual "bend test"?
    How far are you allowed to bend it, Becham?
    06-08-17 01:56 PM
    I do wish it was a mechanical test with known forces. I imagine I could break any phone the way he did.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:12 PM
    Well, they could rename it BlackBerry breakone!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Bendone

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-08-17 06:00 PM
    There's an actual "bend test"?
    How far are you allowed to bend it, Becham?
    It's relative to other phones and this one failed spectacularly.
    06-08-17 06:59 PM
    The only problem is the screen. It just needs a little adhesive to stick well to the body. It doesn't failed "spectacularly" unlike the NextBit Robin.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 07:18 PM
    The bend test isn't real world normal use though. Nobodies going to purposefully bend a phone just to see if something happens. Come on....that has no sway on me buying phones.
    coffee-turtle and Couver81 like this.
    06-08-17 09:55 PM
    People are completely missing the point here, this test maybe pointless to you by it is s good at pointing out flaws in a phone, and it has once again done it.
    The bend test isn't real world normal use though. Nobodies going to purposefully bend a phone just to see if something happens. Come on....that has no sway on me buying phones.
    The interesting part here is that this bend test has pointed out an issue that a few people have run into right here at CB, where the KEYOne Display has simply fallen out the phone.
    06-09-17 12:22 AM
    It's relative to other phones and this one failed spectacularly.
    I mean, what are the parameters? How far is a phone SUPPOSED to bend?
    should I dare even ask: why are people bending phones?
    06-09-17 01:05 PM
    I mean, what are the parameters? How far is a phone SUPPOSED to bend?
    should I dare even ask: why are people bending phones?
    Right. The test is valuable because it demonstrates where the device can fail. But a potential buyer can still make it his or her mind about whether it's relevant.

Asuhmiaseh likes this.
    06-09-17 01:15 PM
    People are completely missing the point here, this test maybe pointless to you by it is s good at pointing out flaws in a phone, and it has once again done it.
    This, this, this. If QA missed something as simple as gluing the screen on (which they appear to have done repeatedly), what else did they miss?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 01:23 PM
    Right. The test is valuable because it demonstrates where the device can fail. But a potential buyer can still make it his or her mind about whether it's relevant.

So it's like squeezing the produce at the grocer's for freshness?
    Or the TP? Where's Mr. Whipple when you need him. :-D
    06-09-17 01:40 PM
    How many here have seen people with their phones sticking out of their back pockets - usually, but not always, young women. I see it all the time (several just today standing in line at Starbucks). Now imagine they forget the phone is back there and go to their cars and sit down in the seat.

Do you think that force is more, or less, than what it takes to bend it with your hands?

Joel
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-09-17 01:41 PM
    How many here have seen people with their phones sticking out of their back pockets - usually, but not always, young women. I see it all the time (several just today standing in line at Starbucks). Now imagine they forget the phone is back there and go to their cars and sit down in the seat.

Do you think that force is more, or less, than what it takes to bend it with your hands?

Joel
    I do this a lot with my Priv, which did not do well in its bend test due to the slider form. The phone has held up and I am glad I did not allow that review to stop me from buying the device. And I am currently using the Priv with no case.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-09-17 07:05 PM
    The bend test is useful for pointing out areas that can or should be improved; exactly the same for drop tests. Maybe I'm in a minority but I do tend to take care of my phones, after all it cost me £499. I've had the K1 since UK launch and have no complaints whatsoever with the phone or build.
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-10-17 05:21 AM
    The bend test is useful for pointing out areas that can or should be improved; exactly the same for drop tests. Maybe I'm in a minority but I do tend to take care of my phones, after all it cost me £499. I've had the K1 since UK launch and have no complaints whatsoever with the phone or build.
    Yup I baby my phones as well. These things aren't cheap and they are all pretty fragile.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 01:42 PM
    Seems better for the screen to pop up, and need some more glue, than to break. Maybe it is designed to do that?

BB, Still the One
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-10-17 02:12 PM

I agree but it does replicate a negative finding that others have encountered without exerting bending forces. I do think there is some value as well however unscientific it was.

Many products go through excessive force tests to determine material failures. They aren't always meant to replicate every day situations. Do people typically drive into a solid wall at top speed with their cars?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 02:29 PM
    That wasn't a bend test it was an experiment.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-10-17 02:32 PM
    Do people typically drive into a solid wall at top speed with their cars?

Posted via CB10
    Those are crash tests. Crashes happen. Into moving objects as well as stationary ones...even into a solid wall. I think they're necessary and do represent real world situations.
    06-10-17 10:43 PM
    Those are crash tests. Crashes happen. Into moving objects as well as stationary ones...even into a solid wall. I think they're necessary and do represent real world situations.
    Well, then I think someone could easily see a person with their phone in their back pocket and sitting down causing it to bend.

My point really was they are all extreme cases but can happen. That's why such tests exist to determine the limits of a material.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 11:25 PM
    Well, then I think someone could easily see a person with their phone in their back pocket and sitting down causing it to bend.

My point really was they are all extreme cases but can happen. That's why such tests exist to determine the limits of a material.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you're saying. I was just thinking maybe a drop test would be more like a crash test.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-mo...eyone-displays
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 06-12-17 at 10:19 AM.
    06-11-17 12:00 AM
    I hear a lot of ppl says .. oh it feels premium .. FEELS lol
    06-11-17 02:54 AM
    Or an irate partner now ex deciding to snap your new phone :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 08:05 AM
52 123