I know a lot of the Crackberry users really like the full QWERTY keyboard and are less excited at the prospect of full touch screens, and I'm sure that come BB10 both styles will be available. That being said, here is my question:

Is it important to you with Blackberry 10 that your QWERTY device is RIM's top of the line phone? For example, right now the 9930/9900/9860/9850 are the phone's with RIM's higher end specs, where as phones like the Curve line are slightly behind (Processor, RAM, etc).

If RIM's "flagship" phones turn out to be full touch screen, and QWERTY phones aren't, would you be more likely to change your mind about going full touch screen?
    04-12-12 12:58 PM
    ...If RIM's "flagship" phones turn out to be full touch screen, and QWERTY phones aren't, would you be more likely to change your mind about going full touch screen?
    If that were the case, I would keep my 9650 as long as it worked.
    04-12-12 01:36 PM
    If RIM's "flagship" phones turn out to be full touch screen, and QWERTY phones aren't, would you be more likely to change your mind about going full touch screen?
    Nope. The keyboard is my main interface with the device and possibly the most significant part of the whole user experience. It can have the fastest mobile processor in the world with a week's worth of battery life between charges and every other feature I could possibly want in a phone; but if it doesn't have a keyboard, I don't want it. I really don't see the scenario you're hypothesizing coming to be; but if by some chance it did and the difference between the top-of-the-line touch screen and the second-tier QWERTY were akin to the current Bolds vs. Curves, I could live with that without a problem. Worst case I'd just stick with my archaic 9900.
    04-12-12 02:04 PM
    Nope. The keyboard is my main interface with the device and possibly the most significant part of the whole user experience. It can have the fastest mobile processor in the world with a week's worth of battery life between charges and every other feature I could possibly want in a phone; but if it doesn't have a keyboard, I don't want it. I really don't see the scenario you're hypothesizing coming to be; but if by some chance it did and the difference between the top-of-the-line touch screen and the second-tier QWERTY were akin to the current Bolds vs. Curves, I could live with that without a problem. Worst case I'd just stick with my archaic 9900.
    Just curious since you seem to be polarized by the QWERTY keyboard, in the situation where RIM stop producing phones with a keyboard, what would you do when it came time to upgrade? Just hold on to the old BlackBerry? Do you have a plan when it comes time to upgrade and no keyboard is available?
    04-12-12 02:14 PM
    It's quite possible for RIM to make both form factors "top of the line" in terms of hardware specs and support them equally. It would be a definite improvement over the all-over-the-map situation that exists now with multiple devicess across carriers, and narrow it down to just two....aside from which it still would put them ahead in terms of offering a choice to both business and consumer markets, instead of the one-phone-must-fit-all approach.
    04-12-12 02:22 PM
    I would be fine with the lower end BB models having keyboards. I would just buy those devices. Having a physical keyboard is one of the charms of having a BlackBerry. Without it, the essence disappears.
    04-12-12 02:39 PM
    RIM will have a range of products...at least 3, all touch, bold-style, and slider...

I have the 9810 and I prefer the keyboard because my screen is basically always the same size. On-screen keyboards take-up about 1/3 of the screen.

I use the on-screen keyboard for certain things and it's good. I like both
    04-12-12 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD