I equate keyboard phone users(q10, q20, 9900) like laptop users.

you don't get real work done on a tablet, you get it done on a laptop. The real workers use phones with keyboards and laptops with keyboards or tablets with physical keyboards attached.

The issue isn't keyboards and glass screens, it's that people are still instinctively attracted to pushing buttons and getting feedback.

My $0.02
    07thking likes this.
    04-11-14 11:30 PM
    I equate keyboard phone users(q10, q20, 9900) like laptop users.

you don't get real work done on a tablet, you get it done on a laptop. The real workers use phones with keyboards and laptops with keyboards or tablets with physical keyboards attached.

The issue isn't keyboards and glass screens, it's that people are still instinctively attracted to pushing buttons and getting feedback.

My $0.02
    Not all of us. I have retired my laptops in favor of tablets. I occasionally add a keyboard to the tablet but it's not needed most times. As for keyboard phones? meh. To each their own. I'll take the touch screen real estate. I haven't lost one ounce of productivity.
    04-11-14 11:34 PM
    Then I guess the majority if users in here who use BB10 aren't real workers. And if you think you can't get real work done on a tablet you haven't been using one correctly.
    04-11-14 11:39 PM
    I think it depends on the person. I personally can't stand doing work on tablets or touchscreens in general. I have a Note 3 as my main phone but I still need that keyboard to get real business done so I have a Q10 as my second device (and a Bold on the way.) A keyboard makes me feel more careful and I feel like I type faster.. but that's me. That's not to say some or even most people can't get their business done solely on a tablet. It's up to what the person likes. I can see someone being just as productive on any device they're familiar with.

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-12-14 12:42 AM
    Then I guess the majority if users in here who use BB10 aren't real workers. And if you think you can't get real work done on a tablet you haven't been using one correctly.
    That can also depend on one's definition of real work

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    04-12-14 01:00 AM
    Not at all... all my work is done on my laptop. Physical keyboards on mobile we're never for me.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-12-14 01:16 AM
    The last place I want to really get work does is a mobile device. I mean, it is great to be able to, just not my preference. So keyboard or not, I don't really gravitate toward my phone to get things done.

I can say that I'm finding tablets to be way more productive these days and will gladly pull one out instead of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 01:20 AM
    Kind of funny point OP. I view these new laptops with touchscreens sort of similar to those of us who go for the Q series BlackBerry's. Wanting a real keyboard and touchscreen control. It's like it was meant to be
    04-12-14 01:51 AM
    Mobile devices are tools that many of us use for work, but they don't define what is "real work". Not everyone's job involves heavy text entry, though i can certainly see where those who do may prefer a hardware keyboard.
    04-12-14 02:59 AM