There was an analyst report out a bit ago saying the keyboard 10 device won't be available at the same time as the touch 10. I don't want to believe this, but the lack of marketing/leaks of the keyboard device at the point is worrying.

Are they really not going to release it at the same time??!!
    12-19-12 09:19 PM
    This has been known for a very long while now. The QWERTY model is going to launch after the full-touchscreen. No one knows exactly how long the wait will be, but judging from the various info I've read around here, it shouldn't be too long.
    12-19-12 09:20 PM
    REALLY? REALLY???

This is still being questioned this soon to launch?

*facepalm*
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-19-12 09:25 PM
    They said this a while back, it was mentioned that it will be available about 30days after the full touch, i was going to wait but im now reconsidering seeing how kevin said its pretty simple to type on and get used to the typing on the full touch
    12-19-12 09:26 PM
    this could of been added to many other threads on the same topic.

people complain when things leak, people complain when they dont......proof ya cant please everyone
    Knightcrawler and Jake Storm like this.
    12-19-12 09:28 PM
    I think it'll be a huge mistake to not launch the keyboard 10 when the touch10 launches.
    12-19-12 09:45 PM
    why?

anyone who is loyal enough to buy a qwerty device will obviously stick around an extra week or three after waiting for 2 years.

Besides, Rim needs to make gains in the touchscreen market, not the qwerty. It's better if the public's focus is solely on the touchscreen device for the initial few weeks. People's perceptions about Rim need to change and that cant' happen if a passer-by sees a blackberry phone that looks exactly like the 9900
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-19-12 10:08 PM
    I think it'll be a huge mistake to not launch the keyboard 10 when the touch10 launches.
    they will show them both off at the same time on the 30th launch event.

as for availability, theres no denying the market has gone almost all touchscreen, so to ignore that would be foolhardy at best
    KDB84 likes this.
    12-19-12 10:18 PM
    They are going to announce them both at the same time, but the qwerty model won't be available right away and this is actually a good thing in a number of ways as some people will try the all-touch instead and fall in love with the vkb, more attention will be on the all-touch device which is where rim needs to prove that they can compete and it allows them more time to clear bugs that would otherwise be competing for developer time with the all-touch device.
    12-20-12 12:33 AM