So, I'm new to this forum but I have long been a blackberry fan starting with the pearl. I'm considering purchasing a Key2 (Not Key2 LE) for Verizon. I have done tons of research regarding how to accomplish the Verizon fusion. I've seen that level 2 tech support can do this. However, the common consensus is that you need an Key2 LE to get the "CDMA-less" SIM card to get the proper rights, then you simply swap over the sim to the Key2. What I'm asking is if anybody has an old key2 LE they're willing to sell or lend to me for this purpose and then I can either send it back or keep if the price is low. I know it's an odd request but given how rare blackberries are these days, this is the only place I could think to turn. I don't mind compensating for letting me borrow either. I just want it for the activation of the SIM and you'll get it right back. Any help with this or any feedback would be great! thank you in advance
    06-11-20 10:18 PM
    I think that would work best if you can find someone local.... maybe include what city you are in?

Plenty of used KEY2 LE on eBay.... if you can't find a loaner. Buy one, active and then sell it for what you paid for it... so kinda a loaner.
    dhcoasthal likes this.
    06-12-20 10:17 AM
    So, I'm new to this forum but I have long been a blackberry fan starting with the pearl. I'm considering purchasing a Key2 (Not Key2 LE) for Verizon. I have done tons of research regarding how to accomplish the Verizon fusion. I've seen that level 2 tech support can do this. However, the common consensus is that you need an Key2 LE to get the "CDMA-less" SIM card to get the proper rights, then you simply swap over the sim to the Key2. What I'm asking is if anybody has an old key2 LE they're willing to sell or lend to me for this purpose and then I can either send it back or keep if the price is low. I know it's an odd request but given how rare blackberries are these days, this is the only place I could think to turn. I don't mind compensating for letting me borrow either. I just want it for the activation of the SIM and you'll get it right back. Any help with this or any feedback would be great! thank you in advance
    You really don't need a KEY² LE. Any SIM card provisioned CDMA-less will work.
    06-12-20 10:20 AM
    What exactly is getting it provisioned mean? Basically Verizon will do their thing to my SIM card to allow it certain features like SMS and MMS etc. one that SIM is provisioned, I can use it on the BBF100-2?
    06-12-20 12:30 PM
    Im working a solution similar to that right now thank you!
    06-12-20 12:30 PM
    I've seen several that didn't even have issues.....
    06-12-20 02:29 PM
    What exactly is getting it provisioned mean? Basically Verizon will do their thing to my SIM card to allow it certain features like SMS and MMS etc. one that SIM is provisioned, I can use it on the BBF100-2?
    Where are you located?
    06-12-20 04:41 PM
    This is a simplified metaphor, but think of your SIM like the license plate on your car. It's got a number on it, but otherwise, it doesn't do a whole lot but identify your phone to the cellular network. But the network itself has to have a bunch of specific information about your phone in order for your phone to work properly on the network. That's the provisioning - the big group of settings that will allow your specific model of phone with your specific account attached to it to perform tasks and access resources on the cellular network.

Until quite recently, all phones on Verizon had to support CDMA, as all phone calls used this 2G technology to complete phone calls - for the last 5 years or so, phones used a separate radio using LTE technology for data. But CDMA is being decommissioned, and phone calls are now mostly being made using VoLTE (Voice Over LTE - essentially the cellular version of VoIP), meaning your voice call is using your LTE data radio and not a separate dedicated voice radio as CDMA phones used.

The problem is that, when the K2 and K2LE were released, Verizon didn't support phones that didn't have CDMA radios, and only months later did they first start supporting phones that used only LTE and lacked CDMA radios - what we've called "CDMA-less" phones. And since this was a completely new concept for everyone, and since their computers weren't immediately set up to do this in a simple, automatic way, only 2nd-level supervisory techs were able to get it working, by MANUALLY provisioning the SIM and hopefully getting all the settings correct. This was a very, very hit-and-miss experience for about 4 months, even though the K2LE was "officially" supported. Since then, Verizon's computer systems have been updated, and now they can simply select "K2LE" and there is now a provisioning profile that sets all the right settings and it just works. The K2, though, is not officially supported, so there's no K2 profile, and it still takes a knowledgeable (usually 2nd-level) tech to get one provisioned properly. Occasionally, you'll get someone who is experienced and competent and who can do it quickly and easily - but that's far from the common experience.
    06-13-20 01:07 AM
    Interesting information, thanks.
    06-17-20 06:57 PM