Here is the issue in short and the exchanges I have had with the BB Mobile Customer Service so far. Pretty disappointed.

I owned a Keyone upon launch and switched to the Key2 BBF-100-6 which I bought in Dubai 2 months ago. It has the Arabic keyboard symbols printed next to the Latin letters which is fine I guess. I don't really see them anymore as I don't use that language.

I tried to configure the functionality of the currency key to use it as a ctrl in order to copy paste, as I did with the Keyone. However, the option didn't exit in my settings. At first, I thought I was just not seeing it. So after a lot of searching, I emailed BBM CS with a print screen. After some back and forth, they escalated the issue to ''an engineer''. 2 weeks later, I get this reply:

''Dear customer,

Hope my e-mail finds you well.

Kindly know that we have received a reply in your case. Our engineer has checked and confirmed that this is not an issue, given the differences in the alphabet for some languages, you need different layout for different characters instead of Currency key function with Arabic and Russian.

I will now close this case. For any other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Alex
    BlackBerry Mobile Customer Care''

In short, buyer beware.....? Ridiculous!!!!!

So, without it being mentioned anywhere, an obviously useful functionality of a physical keyboard is removed if you buy the Key2 in the Middle East and Russia.

If anyone is interested, I will keep you posted on the coming exchanges.
    09-11-18 07:59 AM
    Here's an update from CS:

Kindly know that this cannot be solved through a software update, as the physical keyboard of your device is specifically created for Arabic users - the Arabic alphabet having more characters than the English alphabet, thus having used all the keys available.

So here you go. Do not buy the AR keyboard version.
    09-11-18 11:02 AM
    Here's an update from CS:

Kindly know that this cannot be solved through a software update, as the physical keyboard of your device is specifically created for Arabic users - the Arabic alphabet having more characters than the English alphabet, thus having used all the keys available.

So here you go. Do not buy the AR keyboard version.
    It's a hardware problem in that the binary value that the keyboard is sending is not the currency key it is something else, so anything mapped to the currency key will have no effect because there is no currency key.

software could still solve this by allowing this other key to also be used as the "alt" key. It would however eliminate the native function of this key it just seems like Blackberry is unwilling to do this.

You still got dual sim so it's not all loss
    09-11-18 12:14 PM