Everytime i call someone that is not stored in my address book or use the numbers area on my blackberry 8830 WE, the keypad makes a noise but the other parts of my keyboard don't. how can i fix that? the dialing noise is so annoying to meee!
    07-26-08 10:44 PM
    Everytime i call someone that is not stored in my address book or use the numbers area on my blackberry 8830 WE, the keypad makes a noise but the other parts of my keyboard don't. how can i fix that? the dialing noise is so annoying to meee!
    Are you saying the numeral keys on your keypad make a sound the other keys don't? Like a squeek or something? I've never heard that before. Maybe your keypad is defective. If by "dialing noise" you mean the touchtones you hear when you place a call, you can't suppress those.
    07-26-08 11:56 PM
    Saying they cant be turned off is ridiculous.

I remember getting a DELL laptop and it made beeps and sounds as things turned on and off etc.

I had to call a tech and really PUSH to get him to make my comp totally silent.

Most people like the little song when it starts, the beeps, and tones. But some people just want to work silent, perhaps when others are sleeping, or in a library.

Tones CAN be turned off. We just have to find out how.
    07-27-08 08:11 PM
    ...Tones CAN be turned off. We just have to find out how.
    It's not obvious, but here's how: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tur...dialing-19161/
    07-27-08 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD