What? Since the old days? Lol I use "..." a lot lol I don't understand its on the M button
    Yeah, "..." is an absolute necessity... love the virtual dot/punctuation row on the Passport... :-D

•   Long live the SPARK! * ... the evil N shall not priv-ail...!!!   •
    05-16-17 12:01 AM
    BlackBerry has ruined regular keyboard typing for me. When you double space on a computer keyboard, you just get a double space. So I always have to backspace and correct.
    This is one thing that is actually optional:
    "$" Key instead of "." key?? Keyone, that's the one key I'm dissapointed with!-img_20170518_235100.png

If they didn't give you the choice, you'd have something to complain about. Personally, I don't really like it either so I just keep it turned off.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-18-17 09:55 PM
    Many have mentioned that the '.' can be used by double tapping space. Also using 'alt' comes pretty natural.

Also long pressing a key for the main letter brings up alternatives to that character.
    Having the dollar key as an alt key option ruins that line of thinking.

Not everyone uses the $ for their currency. When you think of this way, it make sense for BlackBerry to do this than use the comma or period etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 08:24 PM
    Just looked at my 9900. It's the same thing. Where have you been, TS?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 08:27 PM
    i did not buy the Keyone today due to this reason..
    i would love to have the dedicated key for .......
    05-27-17 01:50 PM
    Haha... I almost never use $. Except to enable speakerphone... which, on my 9900, is done automatically thru an app What I'd like to know is WHY they moved "&" from "sym L" on legacy to "sym J" on Classic??? That one still gets me occasionally. Lol. Of all things to monkey with... lol.
    05-27-17 04:05 PM
    The space key has always had multiple uses going back to the earliest iterations of BBOS. Along with a double space giving you a period, which makes more sense than a dedicated key, typing in an email field, pressing the space key once will give you the @ sign, and a second time pressing it will give you a '.' for the domain name. These are functions that have been quite well known by many long time BlackBerry users, just like the 'myver' and 'mypin' or 'bb' shortcuts, to remove them would just make a device less like a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 05:43 AM
    Newbs.

The four row BlackBerry keyboard design has remained mostly unchanged for a decade. It works great the way it is. Having a hard button for period would screw me up. I'd still be doing alt+M for periods anyway.

The people complaining about the currency key just need to use the dang keyboard for a few days, they'll quickly realize that hard buttons for everything isn't needed and wouldn't work.
    06-02-17 12:23 PM
    I'd still be doing alt+M for periods anyway.
    No one is asking you not to.

Newbs.
    The people complaining about the currency key just need to use the dang keyboard for a few days, they'll quickly realize that hard buttons for everything isn't needed and wouldn't work.
    I respect that you are used to a certain way, and really don't want a change. However, it's quite clear that swapping the period and the dollar sign would work just fine. Certainly I can't see any new users complaining about having a period key, or even about not having a dedicated dollar sign.
    06-02-17 12:50 PM
    No one is asking you not to.

I respect that you are used to a certain way, and really don't want a change. However, it's quite clear that swapping the period and the dollar sign would work just fine. Certainly I can't see any new users complaining about having a period key, or even about not having a dedicated dollar sign.
    Well what about the comma? Or question marks? If you make a dedicated key for period, might as well make one for the others.

To me, it makes more sense to have to use alt before using any type of punctuation. Having just the period getting its own key would throw things off.
    06-02-17 12:56 PM
    Well what about the comma? Or question marks? If you make a dedicated key for period, might as well make one for the others.

To me, it makes more sense to have to use alt before using any type of punctuation. Having just the period getting its own key would throw things off.
    Okay, so let's get rid of the dollar sign too.
    Personally, I'd like a dedicated CTRL key in it's place so that I don't need to sacrifice a shift key.
    Witmen likes this.
    06-02-17 01:07 PM
    Double Space is fine....If it worked everywhere.
    Just when you need it (e.g. Chrome url entry), I press double space and get, wait for it, two spaces!
    Grrrrrr!
    I WANT A DOT KEY! or at least consistency.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    06-25-17 09:20 PM
37 12