PS: if there's an IFA meet up then keep me in mind.

And calling others disgruntled fanboys. Check ur name first “boy under armpit hypercity noise pollution” LOL Google it. Atleast I spoke the truth, though yeah he's a nice lad but why'd I care if he's back or not if I haven't seen or heard about him on crackberry for the past 4 years since I joined. DaDaDogg. Who advised that name anyway.

“Ikk gypsy rakhhi kaali,sootay di hobby paali”.
    Your invite is in the mail as for my name it was given to me by someone close to us

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaDaDogg; 02-05-17 at 05:02 PM.
    02-05-17 03:32 PM
    Adam won't make the first podcast this week but he will make the second one!

Welcome back indeed.

I'm hoping for more good podcast, filled with nostalgic CrackBerry goodness.

Will Adam and the other be joining?

Also, a nice video review and more videos for the CrackBerry Youtube would be epic.
    BriniaSona likes this.
    02-05-17 04:28 PM
    Adam won't make the first podcast this week but he will make the second one!
    Is Chris coming back too?
    02-05-17 05:21 PM
    Umiastowski will return as well!

First podcast will be Craig Johnston, Bla1ze and me along with guest... audio only show. Second one closer to our anniversary will be I think a video hangout show and we'll have Umi and Adam on it too. Trying to figure out times, etc that work for everyone!
    02-05-17 10:12 PM
    Umiastowski will return as well!

First podcast will be Craig Johnston, Bla1ze and me along with guest... audio only show. Second one closer to our anniversary will be I think a video hangout show and we'll have Umi and Adam on it too. Trying to figure out times, etc that work for everyone!

Kevin, are you teasing everyone and then disappearing again?-borat-meme_edit.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 10:22 PM
    Well, let's give Kevin a chance to prove it wrong, the alleged short-term appearance...

My (subconscious) understanding is now that BlackBerry has settled onto a path with Android and outsourced manufacturing (so that devices are gonna be here to stay!), there's a future also for the CrackBerry brand and value (for Kev & Co.) to invest in and... keep moving!

:-D

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-06-17 12:45 AM
    Well, let's give Kevin a chance to prove it wrong, the alleged short-term appearance...

My (subconscious) understanding is now that BlackBerry has settled onto a path with Android and outsourced manufacturing (so that devices are gonna be here to stay!), there's a future also for the CrackBerry brand and value (for Kev & Co.) to invest in and... keep moving!

:-D

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    Agreed.
    02-06-17 06:38 AM
    I am thrilled that CBK is back. His energy is infectious and you can fill throughout the site. I also have a great amount of respect and appreciation for how self aware he is. When you put yourself out there the way CBK does, you are bound to have your detractors. The way Kevin engages those detractors is extremely empathetic and demonstrates that he has compassion.

I really loved the KM videos. They Blue Classic and Passport SE vids were incredibly well produced and had great content. To hear the backstory that they were a testing ground for what would eventually be Mr. Mobile is amazing. A lot of people talk about his ego... well the transition from KM to the eventual YouTube end product of Mr. Mobile is a testament to the fact that he cares more about the final customer experience than he does promoting his own brand. Michael Fischer is an awesome tech reviewer and I loved his stuff when he was with PocketNow. But his work now as Mr. Mobile is light years ahead of what he was doing before and it's very interesting to see how KM had a hand in it.

Keep up the amazing work, Kevin. As a long-time consumer of CB material, I enjoy seeing the evolution of not only the site, but of you as well.
    anon(9721108) and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-06-17 11:54 AM
    So he has been busy, so what. What does he owe you? People have things to do, jobs, family, travel, networking, etc. Some people I know close their Facebook pages for a year only to come back and everyone wonders what happened. So what. People get busy with LIFE.

Didn't know we were taking attendance like Grade School in here.

At least we got this place to to be able to discuss our devices and get some help if we need it, plus it can be fun. So chill out and enjoy it while we can...

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-06-17 03:34 PM
    So he has been busy, so what. What does he owe you? People have things to do, jobs, family, travel, networking, etc. Some people I know close their Facebook pages for a year only to come back and everyone wonders what happened. So what. People get busy with LIFE.

Didn't know we were taking attendance like Grade School in here.

At least we got this place to to be able to discuss our devices and get some help if we need it, plus it can be fun. So chill out and enjoy it while we can...

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    It's ok Ralph! For many of us, this site goes way beyond just a phone. That can be a very good thing, as for most it appears (count me in). For some, the emotional investment isn't so pretty. It's still good though, even if a tad ugly. They're still here, and they still care.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-06-17 08:13 PM
    Enthusiasts express enthusiasm enthusiastically! Lol. Possibly expected of a site sharing name similarities with a notoriously addictive substance? Somewhat less formal than "officially sanctioned" organizations, at least. Lol.

As a life long motorcycle enthusiast, I've historically viewed CrackBerry somewhat analogous to non-AMA-sanctioned "outlaw" organizations of motorcycle enthusiasts? Lol. Just get some of THOSE guys debating Harley Davidson's past & future!! Haha... Debates CAN get enthusiastic! Lol.

Thanks greatly to Kevin, CrackBerry might be argued to be an original smartphone enthusiast's site. If not THE original "outlaw" smartphone enthusiasts' organization?

Guess I view Kevin's return here as capable of generating enthusiasm somewhat reminiscent of Willie G's visit to Sturgis back in the 70's. Comforting validation that SOMEone "gets" why enthusiasts are enthusiastic! Welcome home Kevin!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-07-17 06:29 AM
    Kevin's a good guy, glad to have him back.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-08-17 06:59 AM
    Better question: When will CrackBerry disappear?
    No more than a couple years: it's going to become (I purposely don't use the modal will) a section, a beefy one, of Android Central. Wait and see. Nothing wrong with it, though, it seems the most rational choice to me: BlackBerrys are now "just" the best (imho) Android devices out there.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-08-17 07:17 AM
    No more than a couple years: it's going to become (I purposely don't use the modal will) a section, a beefy one, of Android Central. Wait and see. Nothing wrong with it, though, it seems the most rational choice to me: BlackBerrys are now "just" the best (imho) Android devices out there.
    My thought too. Is probably why Kevin is here trying to pump up participation, an effort to preserve autonomy.
    02-08-17 08:08 AM
    This thread should just be closed. It's foolish , who cares? The guy's busy if he can get here and provide great input, so be it. We appreciate the work done and know this site is like your first car.(might have been a beater, but you learned how to drive better and even tho you go out and get a new car ( electric) you always have a soft spot for your first. And any given chance for nostalgia or otherwise you will just take it out for a quick spin to feel the way it drives) . This thread is turning a positive into a negative. If you stick around more now than you have been able to over the past couple of years then great, we will be here to read your words. But if you can't make your presence regular, most of us understand you also have other aspects to your life. Cheers
    Last edited by spantch101; 02-08-17 at 11:16 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-08-17 09:28 AM
    This thread should just be closed. It's foolish , who cares. The guys busy if he can get here and provide great input, so be it. We appreciate the work done and know this site is like your first car.(might have been a beater, but you learned how to drive better and even tho you go out and get a new car ( electric) you always have a soft spot for your first. And any given chance for nostalgia or otherwise you will just take it out for a quick spin to feel the way it drives) . This thread is turning a positive into a negative. If you stick around more now than you have been able to over the past couple of years then great, we will be here to read your words. But if you can't make your presence regular, most of us understand you also have other aspects to your life. Cheers
    +1

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 09:32 AM
    Glad you're visiting the site regularly for BB news and community! Trust me, the less you know about me the better. I'm kind of annoying the longer you get to know me for (my wife reminds me of that daily!).
    You to my wife reminds me daily how annoying I am

#luvmybb10os
    02-08-17 01:15 PM
    Ok so now its like BBOS to BB10 but instead of BB10 its the Mercury...hmmm I like it.
    Maybe the Mercury will be cool. Its sad they didn't add the real toolbelt into it, but we will see how it will be doing on the market.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    02-08-17 02:14 PM
    Lots of folks getting pretty triggered in this thread. Nice to see, lol.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-08-17 02:26 PM
    Ok so now its like BBOS to BB10 but instead of BB10 its the Mercury...hmmm I like it.
    Maybe the Mercury will be cool. Its sad they didn't add the real toolbelt into it, but we will see how it will be doing on the market.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Are you in the right thread?
    02-08-17 03:41 PM
    Lots of folks getting pretty triggered in this thread. Nice to see, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Lol a few.
    02-08-17 03:42 PM
    Welcome back Kevin! Got a chance to meet you with my girlfriend a few years back at CES, the CB after-party one night. Glad to read your articles again on the site and here's hoping BB really does turn it around and stay true to their values (and the keyboard).

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 08:28 PM
    Yes WELCOME BACK KEVIN 00BB...thanks for all your undercover work. Did you get TOP SECRET PLANS from the other side or can you say ? You can tell me shhh... I won't tell anybody. Hey do we expect not to hear from Bla1ze for awhile, until he comes back from his (code name) SaMpple mission.
    @Bla1ze if Kevin doesn't get this. pass this message to him and maybe explain to him.
    I Dteked 10 more great years for CRACKBERRY.
    SIGNING OFF FOR NOW....
    BB OUT ......

SELLS THE MERCURY IN BARCELONA......
    02-09-17 10:39 PM
48 12