For those who don't know Kevin O'Leary is one of the Dragons on Dragon's Den here in Canada, which is called Shark Tank in the US. He's also head of O'Leary funds, an investment group worth billions of dollars. He also hosts the Lange and O'Leary Exchange on CBC and is a financial analyst and commentator for CBC News Network.

This morning on CBCNN he was commenting how pleasantly surprised he was by the Z10's sales and made mention that he was originally waiting to see the Q10 but was shown the keyboard of the Z10 a few days ago and bought one immediately, dumping his iPhone in the process. To say he was enthusiastic was an under statement. He told the host that she owed it to herself to try one and that he was planning on replacing his US phone on Verizon with a Z10 as soon as it was available (he runs with 3 phones).

O'Leary is brash and opinionated and has often been very harsh on BlackBerry, so to see him so enthused by his new phone was quite refreshing!

(Thanks for the video add, Kevin, but that's not the broadcast I was referring to. The one I saw happened much earlier in the day and was far more explicit in regards to O'Leary buying it himself AND his plan to replace his "US" S3 with a Z10 once he could get to Verizon to do so).
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 03-30-13 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Clarification
    03-28-13 06:54 AM
    Great news. I personally like the guy.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    ajst222 and potatoguy like this.
    03-28-13 07:00 AM
    I heard him make a very smart comment on TV when asked what he thought about BlackBerry's future when the Z10 was launching. He said if BlackBerry can do what BMW has done in the car market they'd do very well, namely, carve out a niche and sell solid high margin products that have a loyal fan base. BMW has a small slice of the car market but is still extremely profitable. The catch, in my opinion, is that BlackBerry needs to be attractive enough as a platform to at least attract the big developers.
    03-28-13 07:00 AM
    Dudes a smart guy .....this just proves it
    revtech, bungaboy, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    03-28-13 07:03 AM
    Not that long ago he was pumping up windows phones and tablets. Maybe he finally decided to try the z10 and realized how far superior it is

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and J2d2 like this.
    03-28-13 07:06 AM
    Hahaha, yes!!!!!!! Way to go O'Leary

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-28-13 07:07 AM
    Just heard Kevin on a T.o radio station (news talk 1010) he said the wealthy Barber guy showed him and the other dragons (I guess they are shooting the new season) the Z10, and they could not believe how amazing the phone was.

03-28-13 07:14 AM
    Great news. I personally like the guy.

He winds me up! I agree with so little of what he says that I find myself muttering at the TV! I do enjoy his segments, though. He's one of the few people who genuinely speaks his mind and you always know exactly where he stands on a subject. He seems like a great guy to have a pint or two with at the pub while arguing about how to save the world
    FSeverino, BergerKing and malcerie like this.
    03-28-13 07:16 AM
    Love it when he says, "How do I make MO-NEY!" haha

Anyway, sometimes he comes off as rude and obnoxious, but he has and always will have one thing on his mind and that's how to make money. Not a bad endorsement for BlackBerry by him getting a Z10... I wonder if he'll dump it when he sees the Q10.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-28-13 07:18 AM
    He winds me up! I agree with so little of what he says that I find myself muttering at the TV! I do enjoy his segments, though. He's one of the few people who genuinely speaks his mind and you always know exactly where he stands on a subject. He seems like a great guy to have a pint or two with at the pub while arguing about how to save the world
    Lol
    I think he means we'll. He is not like your normal Canadian, that is why I like him.

BergerKing likes this.
    03-28-13 07:21 AM
    It may have something to do with the fact that BlackBerry is a sponsor of Dragon's Den.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:29 AM
    For those who don't know Kevin O'Leary is one of the Dragons on Dragon's Den here in Canada, which is called Shark Tank in the US. He's also head of O'Leary funds, an investment group worth billions of dollars. He also hosts the Lange and O'Leary Exchange on CBC and is a financial analyst and commentator for CBC News Network.

This morning on CBCNN he was commenting how pleasantly surprised he was by the Z10's sales and made mention that he was originally waiting to see the Q10 but was shown the keyboard of the Z10 a few days ago and bought one immediately, dumping his iPhone in the process. To say he was enthusiastic was an under statement. He told the host that she owed it to herself to try one and that he was planning on replacing his US phone on Verizon with a Z10 as soon as it was available (he runs with 3 phones).

O'Leary is brash and opinionated and has often been very harsh on BlackBerry, so to see him so enthused by his new phone was quite refreshing!
    YES! YES! YES! I LOVE KEVIN O'LEARY! Major vote of confidence from a harsh critic of BlackBerry and it's product line.
    03-28-13 07:42 AM
    He's. To finance what Don Cherry is to hockey. Lot's of brash opinion and schtick.
    03-28-13 07:44 AM
    It may have something to do with the fact that BlackBerry is a sponsor of Dragon's Den.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly. Convenient that he bashed BlackBerry for a long time, then they sponsor Dragon's Den and he suddenly becomes a fan.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-28-13 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Naaaahhhh! NO WAY!
    03-28-13 08:30 AM
    He sure speaks his mind. Glad to see him on side now

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:42 AM
    I think this is a big win because on the Lang & O'Leary Exchange he had always been the first to bash BBRY.
    03-28-13 08:53 AM
    Dragons Den is sponsored by Blackberry. So of course he will love it..A Free Z10 of course he bought one.. Right......
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-28-13 08:55 AM
    I'd be very surprised if Kevin O'Leary is saying he likes the phone just because of this ... he's got an international reputation that means a lot more than that, I'm sure. Why can't you just accept that he likes the Z10 because it's a great phone?
    03-28-13 08:57 AM
    He's the best guy. I love watching him on shark tank or dragons den. He's harsh but in reality at the same time.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    As Dragons Den is not his principle business...I would not put too much stock in his switching because BB sponsors the show....does not seem the type to be "bought" off.....
    BergerKing likes this.
    Awesome I like him too. Even though sometimes I hate him (doesn't everybody?) lol
    03-28-13 08:59 AM
    I get a kick out of this guy Keven O'Leary.He make me laugh my *** off at times,and he has some cash to toss around.
    03-28-13 09:02 AM
    Unless he can make money saving the world he wouldn't be interested. I rarely agree with his positions but he actually believes what he says.
    Uzi, Jonesy1966 and BergerKing like this.
    03-28-13 09:07 AM
    Good, he's a no BS straight shooter.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    03-28-13 09:08 AM
126 123 ...