It is disheartening to see nothing from Kevin about him picking up a z30 or about enjoying it, or anything about the z30. In the past we heard his feedback upon release day 1 or 2.

From all I can see he hasn't even bothered to pick one up. Nothing on this website from him, nothing on his twitter, nothing on his channel.

If he does have one then why is there no public evidence as someone that founded a BlackBerry site. Sad that when the iPhone 5s came out we knew from his twitter, channel, and reading on this site, videos, etc that he waited and got one. We sure knew he was excited. Yet even if he pulls through now and proves he has a z30 he sure isn't letting anyone know up until now. It would just be for proof. The main point is that in the past when a device came out it was very clear he had it immediately. It is not clear now.

I am aware he uses Rogers and you can't get it from Rogers yet but that is not really an excuse for not having one. Especially when you pay $1500 for a competing device from another carrier on day one. I guess the honeymoon phase with the 5s is still on.

I'm disappointed that he didn't even fake being excited. I don't care that he uses other devices he can do what he wants. Just something I personally would have expected is a bit more public enthusiasm about the new phone. It's out in Canada. For the z10 he grew hair, for this he won't even send a tweet.

Don't turn this into an attack on me. Normally he let's the Crackberry community know by now. No?
    10-17-13 10:04 PM
    Kevin loves gold and Apple released the Gold version in small numbers, he had the cash and I'd pick one up as well. He'll get one and f he doesn't get one so what? Kevin came up with CrackBerry.... that's worth more than a Z30 anyday!
    Rolf Hed, habs_fan, all3n7 and 1 others like this.
    10-17-13 10:12 PM
    I think you may have actually hit the nail on the head as to why specifically he doesn't currently have one, his carrier of choice here in Canada doesn't carry it.

I'll give you a quick example. Way way back in the days of the original Bold / Storm / Tour flagship phones, Kevin didn't pick up a Storm or Tour for himself (at least not to my recollection, and I could be wrong). While the Storm and Tour would have technically worked on Rogers when unlocked because they had quad-band GSM, it would have made little to no sense for him to pick one up because it wouldn't have worked well with his carrier of choice. They were still devices that CrackBerry Nation talked a lot about (sometimes not so positively, but hey... mistakes were made :P ), but he himself may not have purchased them.

Flash forward to today, and while he may unlock his phones anyway before travelling down to the USA on business, it may not be in his own personal best interest to pick up a phone not "officially" supported by his network of choice here in Canada right off the bat. It's like when the Q10 was launched, he got someone to go to a Rogers store to pick it up, he didn't say to go to any given carrier and that he'd unlock it. Now that may have saved him some headaches with the LTE connectivity thing initially :P but that's beside the point....

Just my own two cents worth. I'm sure when it's readily available via Rogers online, he'll have his order in. Who knows, he could be the #1 on their pre-order list for all we know.
    all3n7 likes this.
    10-17-13 10:15 PM
    I don't care either way, I don't idolize celebs, or people for that matter. I don't care what they do.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:15 PM
    Kevin loves gold and Apple released the Gold version in small numbers, he had the cash and I'd pick one up as well. He'll get one and f he doesn't get one so what? Kevin came up with CrackBerry.... that's worth more than a Z30 anyday!
    Thanks for your opinion.

I think the iPhone thing is really a side note though, I don't care if he has one.

But at least show the same enthusiasm for a new BlackBerry as well? Even if faking it. I am shocked this didn't happen.
    10-17-13 10:16 PM
    I have to say I was a little surprised by the silence as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:17 PM
    @Bold - Why you being such a Kevin jerk lately? Lol. I've seen a few posts like this from you. You're being a little dramatic. For realz. You're overanalyzing stuff if you feel "disheartened".

I was in Miami when Simon went down to Waterloo for his briefing (I was invited to go and get my Z30 early, but couldn't pick it up). I'm back in Winnipeg now, so waiting to get one here. Our stores are slow. Hopefully will get one tomorrow though. I played with the Z30 a bunch back in the summer, so know what the hardware is like. Gonna get one soon. As I mentioned on the other thread where you were being all Kevin blah blah, I told you. Time is tight at the moment getting ready for my fianc�e to move to Paris for a year. Live altering event.

As long as I get my Z30 before I hit Paris I'm happy, as it's there that I'm FINALLY going to have freak'n time to go CBK style on it.

Also, we've been running this site for years - guys like Adam, Simon, etc. can cover for a few weeks.

Flattered that you care so much about my absence, but you gotta cut some slack man too. I'm here.
    10-17-13 10:18 PM
    I have to say I was a little surprised by the silence as well.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I don't idolize the guy and he's not my "leader" but if you expect any one to do cheer leading you would expect it's him. The difference in excitement from the iPhone to the z30 is large. Cool that he got an iPhone (I am considering as well) but not a peep about the z30
    10-17-13 10:20 PM
    @Bold - Why you being such a Kevin jerk lately? Lol. I've seen a few posts like this from you. You're being a little dramatic. For realz.
    Seriously... wtf.
    10-17-13 10:21 PM
    A response the the crackberry founder himself, aren't you special haha

Posted via CB10
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-17-13 10:22 PM
    @Bold - Just joined your Sexy Girls in Yoga Pants channel. Quality BBM Channel right there! CBK Stamp of approval
    10-17-13 10:23 PM
    @Bold - Just joined your Sexy Girls in Yoga Pants channel. Quality BBM Channel right there! CBK Stamp of approval
    Thanks For the response Kevin. Didn't mean to come across as a jerk. Thanks for joining the channel.
    10-17-13 10:25 PM
    A response the the crackberry founder himself, aren't you special haha

Posted via CB10
    More impressively, the response time was uber-quick

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    10-17-13 10:26 PM
    Hope the z30 sell well in Canada
    Home town of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-17-13 10:26 PM
    Nah, come on now... you guys are gonna make Kevin hate the CB forums. It's like when you first do something nice for your GF/wife, and it's the greatest thing ever. Then it becomes implicitly expected by her that you keep doing it... but she still shows some appreciation when you do. Then she starts explicitly demanding it, and it becomes just another f****ng chore in life.... and you hate it, because you know you already 'screwed up' and you're just doing it to stop the b*tching.
    gfondeur and FairlightRacing like this.
    10-17-13 10:27 PM
    If you want to talk about the pros and cons of a brand you have to try them all, or else you don't know what you are talking about.

And FYI Kevin is less present because he made an offer to buy BlackBerry, he's selling all his previous devices to offer 5 Billions .. in Fairfax's face!
    10-17-13 10:27 PM
    Why you being such a Kevin jerk lately?
    Sounds like a great sub-forum. If "Kevin jerk" is too harsh, maybe we can go with "Armchair Founder".
    pcguy514, JeepBB, redsaph and 3 others like this.
    10-17-13 10:35 PM
    Who really cares

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    10-17-13 10:36 PM
    Who really cares

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    Anyone that clicked the thread
    grover5, JR A, Berry_Pink and 3 others like this.
    10-17-13 10:37 PM
    Kevin...what's in the box?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:40 PM
    For all Kevin does for BlackBerry,, you think they would hand deliver a gold z30 just for him as soon as they came out.
    JR A, Jrox74, mnc76 and 18 others like this.
    10-17-13 10:41 PM
    For all Kevin does for BlackBerry,, you think they would hand deliver a gold z30 just for him as soon as they came out.
    Larry kinda beat me to it. Why doesn't BlackBerry ensure its founding advocate is given one just before they hit stores? What's the reason for the disconnect??
    JR A, xandermac and kevinnugent like this.
    10-17-13 10:49 PM
    @Bold - Why you being such a Kevin jerk lately? Lol. I've seen a few posts like this from you. You're being a little dramatic. For realz. You're overanalyzing stuff if you feel "disheartened".

I was in Miami when Simon went down to Waterloo for his briefing (I was invited to go and get my Z30 early, but couldn't pick it up). I'm back in Winnipeg now, so waiting to get one here. Our stores are slow. Hopefully will get one tomorrow though. I played with the Z30 a bunch back in the summer, so know what the hardware is like. Gonna get one soon. As I mentioned on the other thread where you were being all Kevin blah blah, I told you. Time is tight at the moment getting ready for my fianc�e to move to Paris for a year. Live altering event.

As long as I get my Z30 before I hit Paris I'm happy, as it's there that I'm FINALLY going to have freak'n time to go CBK style on it.

Also, we've been running this site for years - guys like Adam, Simon, etc. can cover for a few weeks.

Flattered that you care so much about my absence, but you gotta cut some slack man too. I'm here.
    Lol, awesome reply!
    10-17-13 10:49 PM
    Larry kinda beat me to it. Why doesn't BlackBerry ensure its founding advocate is given one just before they hit stores? What's the reason for the disconnect??
    Yeah after Kevin cut his hair during the launch BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    JR A and ddlax22 like this.
    10-17-13 10:50 PM
    Sounds like a great sub-forum. If "Kevin jerk" is too harsh, maybe we can go with "Armchair Founder".
    Now THAT is funny!
    JR A likes this.
    10-17-13 10:52 PM
189 123 ...