Is it confirmed that the infamous email from Tmobile ,trying to coax BlackBerry users to iPhone actually came from Tmobile. The email address at top of the announcement is different from any address that I've seen from Tmobile. What I've seen from the Crackberry site, maybe 2 people received this email . I could have missed some.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 248600
    Last edited by jh07; 02-16-14 at 07:53 PM.
    02-16-14 07:29 PM
    I don't see why it wouldn't be, and why putting "Kevin Michaluk" in the subject line would get an answer any quicker than putting "Elton John" or "Super Pac-Man" in the subject line. Why not just call T-Mobile and ask? When you get an answer let us know.

Marketing geniuses at carriers the world over are riding the BlackBerry market-share decline directly to a low-blow short-term uptick in contract renewals. Some don't care what it might do to the carrier's reputation with both fans of the device and those that see a carrier "attacking" BlackBerry (which could be considered 'hitting someone when they're down") as distasteful. I certainly let Telus know I wasn't impressed when they did the same thing, and the ad wasn't seen after that. So, write to T-Mobile and you don't have to be a BlackBerry fanatic to recognize that it's kind-of a disreputable way to encourage people to buy their products and services. Business is business, some say, and that makes it all fair game, but sometimes things can backfire.
    allwi, Cesare21 and jh07 like this.
    02-16-14 07:38 PM
    I don't see why it wouldn't be, and why putting "Kevin Michaluk" in the subject line would get an answer any quicker than putting "Elton John" or "Super Pac-Man" in the subject line. Why not just call T-Mobile and ask? When you get an answer let us know.
    I have a couple of times since the email was posted the other day, both CSR stated they never heard of it. But I don't consider their word as law.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:43 PM
    It's real and the responses it got from BlackBerry users has gotten the attention of the CEO

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:15 PM
    It's real and the responses it got from BlackBerry users has gotten the attention of the CEO

Posted via CB10
    How do you know it's real?, the CEO didn't deny or confirm it. So a couple of people reported it on Crackberry makes it real?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:20 PM
    How do you know it's real?, the CEO didn't deny or confirm it. So a couple of people reported it on Crackberry makes it real?

Posted via CB10
    It's not just Crackberry. Google it. Lots and lots of blog and news sites are reporting it. As much as I love Crackberry, they aren't just reporting what a few users reported in its forums

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:23 PM
    Not sure if you saw this already,
    Says T-Mobile CEO John Legere, "BlackBerry users, I'm hearing you loud and clear." | CrackBerry.com

"and why putting "Kevin Michaluk" in the subject line would get an answer any quicker than putting "Elton John" or "Super Pac-Man" in the subject line"
    Because theres more of a chance of KM seeing and reading the post than Superpac man or Elton John I'd say.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-16-14 08:24 PM
    It's not just Crackberry. Google it. Lots and lots of blog and news sites are reporting it. As much as I love Crackberry, they aren't just reporting what a few users reported in its forums

Posted via CB10
    Really, Kevin got it from one person and reported it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:26 PM
    Really, Kevin got it from one person and reported it.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. The site of the forum reporting what it's users say is exactly the same. Don't believe me. Who cares. Are you going to switch and get an iPhone? Prob not. Me either. Move on

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:32 PM
    Not sure if you saw this already,
    Says T-Mobile CEO John Legere, "BlackBerry users, I'm hearing you loud and clear." | CrackBerry.com

"and why putting "Kevin Michaluk" in the subject line would get an answer any quicker than putting "Elton John" or "Super Pac-Man" in the subject line"
    Because theres more of a chance of KM seeing and reading the post than Superpac man or Elton John I'd say.
    Be honest with you and I could be reading it wrong. The CEO responded to a bunch of tweets, he didn't confirm or deny the email that was sent. My opinion and again I could be wrong, people are going nuts over an email that only was reported from a couple? people. I saw other sites that reported the email, but I didn't see anyone on those sites who received it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:43 PM
    Didn't see this kind of fuss when samesung went after the iPhone with their Christmas commercials "is this the queue for apps?" It's a little pathetic to think all the noise will make any difference to T-Mobile (and their 10 bb users) or BBRY themselves.

Perhaps if all this vigor were directed at BBRY they might start making decent moves to support their remaining userbase.
    imz, Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    02-17-14 12:33 PM
    Didn't see this kind of fuss when samesung went after the iPhone with their Christmas commercials "is this the queue for apps?" It's a little pathetic to think all the noise will make any difference to T-Mobile (and their 10 bb users) or BBRY themselves.

Perhaps if all this vigor were directed at BBRY they might start making decent moves to support their remaining userbase.
    That was one manufacturer going after another -- happens all the time, including Apple with the infamous I'm a Mac ad campaign. This is about a carrier tilting the playing surface and taking CHOICE away from its customers. Different animal altogether. That's why all the fuss.
    Cesare21 likes this.
    02-18-14 07:18 AM
    That was one manufacturer going after another -- happens all the time, including Apple with the infamous I'm a Mac ad campaign. This is about a carrier tilting the playing surface and taking CHOICE away from its customers. Different animal altogether. That's why all the fuss.
    To be realistic, from the carrier business viewpoint in the past few months they've seen bbry put itself up for sale, stop marketing it's products, announce a withdrawal from the consumer market, and dreadful sales numbers. Hardly a backdrop where they will be wanting to spend money promoting bbry products. The onus is on bbry to repair damaged relationships with carriers, partners and suppliers.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB, xandermac and jh07 like this.
    02-18-14 10:08 AM
    To be realistic, from the carrier business viewpoint in the past few months they've seen bbry put itself up for sale, stop marketing it's products, announce a withdrawal from the consumer market, and dreadful sales numbers. Hardly a backdrop where they will be wanting to spend money promoting bbry products. The onus is on bbry to repair damaged relationships with carriers, partners and suppliers.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Ok, aside from the 'withdrawal from the consumer market' part (BBRY is not withdrawing from the consumer market, it is focusing more on enterprise -- big difference), I completely agree -- the carriers do have good reasons for being gun-shy. Nor do I disagree that it's up to BBRY to get things back on track -- I've said exactly that in other threads. On the other hand, we as consumers have the right to express our displeasure with what they're offering, especially when they rope you in for two years if you decide to go with their contracts. I'm simply pointing out the difference between one manufacturer knocking another as a marketing ploy (a tactic which I deplore, btw, but that's a discussion for another day) vs. carriers simply depriving us of a very viable alternative, for whatever reasons they may have. If their reason for not carrying a product is that they think it won't sell, who better to inform them that there is still a desire for it than the ones who actually desire it. I also have a big problem with somebody else deciding what I want to buy, which is what T-mo is trying to do. That's a far cry from a manufacturer poking fun at its competition.
    02-18-14 03:50 PM
    Ok, aside from the 'withdrawal from the consumer market' part (BBRY is not withdrawing from the consumer market, it is focusing more on enterprise -- big difference), I completely agree -- the carriers do have good reasons for being gun-shy. Nor do I disagree that it's up to BBRY to get things back on track -- I've said exactly that in other threads. On the other hand, we as consumers have the right to express our displeasure with what they're offering, especially when they rope you in for two years if you decide to go with their contracts. I'm simply pointing out the difference between one manufacturer knocking another as a marketing ploy (a tactic which I deplore, btw, but that's a discussion for another day) vs. carriers simply depriving us of a very viable alternative, for whatever reasons they may have. If their reason for not carrying a product is that they think it won't sell, who better to inform them that there is still a desire for it than the ones who actually desire it. I also have a big problem with somebody else deciding what I want to buy, which is what T-mo is trying to do. That's a far cry from a manufacturer poking fun at its competition.
    But no one can convince one to buy something they do no want to buy. If they can, well...

I get your point, bu this whole thing is predicated upon some insane idea that T-Mobile (or any carrier, for hat matter) is looking out for anyone else but self. T-Mobile doesn't care for BBRy any more than the profits it can potentially get from BBRY devices. Remove that, and there is nothing.

I honestly fail to see the issue here. T-mobile will market what it wants o market, and customers have other options. I guess T-Mo is rolling the ball into BBRY customers court.
    02-18-14 04:20 PM

Marketing geniuses at carriers the world over are riding the BlackBerry market-share decline directly to a low-blow short-term uptick in contract renewals. Some don't care what it might do to the carrier's reputation with both fans of the device and those that see a carrier "attacking" BlackBerry (which could be considered 'hitting someone when they're down") as distasteful. I certainly let Telus know I wasn't impressed when they did the same thing, and the ad wasn't seen after that. So, write to T-Mobile and you don't have to be a BlackBerry fanatic to recognize that it's kind-of a disreputable way to encourage people to buy their products and services. Business is business, some say, and that makes it all fair game, but sometimes things can backfire.
    Makes literally no sense...

Most devices released since late 2011 can be used for 3-4 years without issue and the average consumer does not care about updates. They just use the phone, and they aren't power users.

The carriers aren't going to intentionally gimp anything to remove a potential choice for a few users who may want to upgrade, or potentially push them to other carriers.

Also, carriers are pretty much getting rid of subsidies and traditional contracts here so what you're saying makes even less sense when you factor that in!
    02-19-14 07:30 AM
    Bottom line -- BB users are still among T-Mo's customers, they are not happy with this choice of actions, and they're letting the company know it. Period. You can argue it and trivialize any of it all you want, it's not going to change that fact.
    02-19-14 07:56 AM
    Makes literally no sense...

Most devices released since late 2011 can be used for 3-4 years without issue and the average consumer does not care about updates. They just use the phone, and they aren't power users.

The carriers aren't going to intentionally gimp anything to remove a potential choice for a few users who may want to upgrade, or potentially push them to other carriers.

Also, carriers are pretty much getting rid of subsidies and traditional contracts here so what you're saying makes even less sense when you factor that in!
    Were you replying to me specifically or the notion that T-Mobile would do this i.e. the mail is from T-Mobile "for real" because the former does make no sense because the latter has been established, days ago. So I'm confused but content to stay that way.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:03 AM
    We're talking about carriers and how almost all of them are getting rid of traditional contracts. Get a phone. Don't like it. Pay half of it and trade it in for something else. OEMs will have to treat their customers better else people will simply return the phones and get something else.

I think at this point blaming the carriers is a bit of a stretch. Blackberry is the only platform that retains this issue with updates. Even Android flagships are seeing very fast updates compared to a while back.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-19-14 08:18 AM