Some guy just went for it and asked him on twitter plain and simple

https://twitter.com/#!/crackberrykevin

This is new to me??? im just wondering why we dont know more about the device he always leaks information so surely he would give us a little something to go on?
    Last edited by Madmax246; 03-22-12 at 10:54 AM.
    03-22-12 09:19 AM
    Probably agreed to the biggest NDA. If he says anything, loses all of his credibility.
    Barljo likes this.
    03-22-12 09:25 AM
    If he did, lawyers will destroy him...LAWYERS!!!!!
    03-22-12 09:26 AM
    So is he in trouble for telling people he has seen one?
    03-22-12 09:29 AM
    So is he in trouble for telling people he has seen one?
    No. 10 chars
    03-22-12 09:31 AM
    The question is has he seen the one that will be the first. Sounds like they've had a few developed (Colt being the one that pops to mind first) that they have since canned.
    03-22-12 09:32 AM
    Im betting he has seen the London purely because its rumored to be the first one released Am i right in thinking that there will be the London an all touch device, then the keyboard and touchscreen device similar to the bold series and then a slider model?
    03-22-12 09:36 AM
    If he did, lawyers will destroy him...LAWYERS!!!!!
    Brick Tamland: I read somewhere their periods attract LAWYERS. Lawyer can smell the menstruation.

Brian Fantana: Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Lawyers. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.
    shupor, ekafara and moiselles like this.
    03-22-12 09:37 AM
    It was at CES when they were looking at the QNX car(if I remember from the podcast correctly). It was left on the dash for some reason, probably on purpose. But yes lawyers will destroy him if he says anymore about it.
    03-22-12 09:39 AM
    Well for one, he knew about the interesting display sitting on the dash of the QNX car...and if you noticed when he was filming the interior, he kept panning over the dashboard device. Lol. Just my observation..not saying he was doing it on purpose. Wink wink.

Lol, eKafara beat me to the post.
    Last edited by CJH315; 03-22-12 at 09:45 AM.
    03-22-12 09:41 AM
    Brick Tamland: I read somewhere their periods attract LAWYERS. Lawyer can smell the menstruation.

Brian Fantana: Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Lawyers. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.
    Switching to full desktop version on my phone so I can like this.
    03-22-12 09:43 AM
    He doesn't have to say it directly.He can say he is very bullish on RIM or not? We will read between the lines.Since he didn't say he is bullish BB 10 may be evolutionary rather than revolutionary??
    03-22-12 09:47 AM
    Where is this video inside the car i still havent seen it? does it actually show you the device sitting there?
    03-22-12 09:54 AM
    I'm not surprised at all that Kevin has seen the BB10 phones. I actually kinda hope that RIM will let him have a go at it. Invite him to Waterloo, play with the phone for a day or what. Under a massive NDA of course. This way, Kevin could at least provide feedback to RIM. Kevin has multiple devices across multiple platforms, he could provide valuable insights as to how make BB10 truly amazing.

he did however in the podcast emphasis on the how "hi-res" the device on the dashboard is. hahahah.
    03-22-12 10:03 AM
    LMAO.

Kevin is your leader? You leader for what?

/facepalm.

Kevin is a great blogger that shares the love for all things blackberries.. But he is not mine/ our leader. He is a blogger that contributes alot to large online community.

As for the bb10 device, If he is not allowed to say anything then he isn't really a blogger/reporter... More like a marketing arm for rim.. Just saying
    bobauckland, Kandoo-BB and dynot like this.
    03-22-12 10:09 AM
    Haha it just says it on his bio and he founded the site so i thought whatever he knew / we knew kind of thing but obviously he cannot say
    Last edited by Madmax246; 03-22-12 at 10:55 AM.
    03-22-12 10:17 AM
    lol.... glad my hard hitting question created this!
    03-22-12 10:18 AM
    LMAO.

Kevin is your leader? You leader for what?

/facepalm.

Kevin is a great blogger that shares the love for all things blackberries.. But he is not mine/ our leader. He is a blogger that contributes alot to large online community.

As for the bb10 device, If he is not allowed to say anything then he isn't really a blogger/reporter... More like a marketing arm for rim.. Just saying

Thats not true... especially if in order to see the device he had to agree not to talk about it

Great example is movie blogs who do reviews on movies. They openly admit to having seen a screening for a movie, but, in order to get access to the screening, they have to agree not to report reviews until the date of the studios choosing
    03-22-12 10:20 AM

i'm in stiches from laughing so hard. Nice one!!!!
    03-22-12 10:26 AM
    Thats not true... especially if in order to see the device he had to agree not to talk about it

Great example is movie blogs who do reviews on movies. They openly admit to having seen a screening for a movie, but, in order to get access to the screening, they have to agree not to report reviews until the date of the studios choosing
    Fair enough.

But seems strange that alot of other leaks are posted on this site, but something like seeing a BB10 Device that everyone on this site is dying to learn about can't be mentioned seems odd no.

Kevin founded the site but has since sold it.
    03-22-12 10:37 AM
    Having had (and in many cases still do) NDAs with various companies, they are nothing to be messed around with. If Kevin has an NDA, he has to get approval to talk about anything covered under it. If he doesnt, NDA goes away, as does the source of the information.
    03-22-12 10:47 AM
    Maybe they're referring to this video http://crackberry.com/sitting-down-c...wantz-have-nao but what time are you talking about?
    03-22-12 10:55 AM
    Fair enough.

But seems strange that alot of other leaks are posted on this site, but something like seeing a BB10 Device that everyone on this site is dying to learn about can't be mentioned seems odd no.

Kevin founded the site but has since sold it.
    Not odd, as the difference is how the information was obtained. Had Kevin just stumbled upon a BB10 device and got a chance to poke around with it, or Joe Schmoe RIM employee leaked information to him, he's not under any obligation to adhere to a NDA (although the schmoe who just left his BB10 device laying around or leaked the information would be).
    03-22-12 10:59 AM
    Not odd, as the difference is how the information was obtained. Had Kevin just stumbled upon a BB10 device and got a chance to poke around with it, or Joe Schmoe RIM employee leaked information to him, he's not under any obligation to adhere to a NDA (although the schmoe who just left his BB10 device laying around or leaked the information would be).
    It is a fine fine line. The exact relationship between Kevin/Crackbery and RIM is merky at this point. As an aside I am of the opinion that the majority of "leaks" are actually controlled leaks that RIM intentionally did.

I am sure if something mega huge came across Kevin's lap, he would reach out to RIM before letting us know about it. Now if RIM asked Kevin to not post about it...it would be interesting to know what Kevin would do as he would not be under and NDA....

I am sure its a big "give and take" relationship.
    03-22-12 11:17 AM
    imagine this. If you have been allowed to see the BB10 phone, but you have to be under a NDA, would you still want to see the phone? or not see it at all just because you can't tell everyone about it. Or signing the NDA, and then still leaking information out, having your source cut out, and risk paying the penalty of breaking the NDA? Meaning you would no longer be welcomed at RIM, you will no longer get exclusive looks at new unreleased devices.

Which one would you choose? pretty straight forward answer imo.
    03-22-12 01:45 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD