Over the past couple of years, I've seriously been wondering if being loyal to one company any company is really worth it. Companies are not customer friendly like they once were. Times have changed, its all about the money not the customers. IMO, its okay to have choices.....because I can remember when the Motorola grey brick was the only cell phone available.
    Over the years I've noticed RIM has been quite good when it comes to loyalty, actually. I've had my 9900 replaced several times just by mentioning it broke on Twitter. My mother had an outdated Style that wasn't functioning properly, she's had increasing medical issues and needs to dial 911 far more than one ever should, which cripples your phone on the CDMA network, so RIM replaced it with an HSPA device. I couldn't find an LTE PlayBook in Ottawa when it launched, so again after mentioning it on Twitter, I had one on my doorstep the next morning. They stand by their customers and their product. Unfortunately for me, my 9900 was no longer able to support my line of work (I'm sure BB10 will, but where the **** is it!) and my mom got $200 worth of iTunes gift cards this holiday season, so we've both temporary defected to other platforms.
    01-09-13 09:55 AM
    hi am kelvin smith honest truthful lovelycaring guy , I want a real serious friendship any where around the world to know each other better. add me with my pin 2787b19f .
    Well. THAT'S a derail.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    h20work, kevinnugent and axllebeer like this.
    01-09-13 10:01 AM
    Blind loyalty is not one of Kevin's faults. He may be the biggest BlackBerry fanboy on Earth, but I think he chooses BB because it best meets his particular tastes and needs. That said, a 9900 and a PlayBook won't do everything, hence the other devices.
    01-09-13 10:12 AM
    Blind loyalty is not one of Kevin's faults. He may be the biggest BlackBerry fanboy on Earth, but I think he chooses BB because it best meets his particular tastes and needs. That said, a 9900 and a PlayBook won't do everything, hence the other devices.
    Although I really love my BlackBerry devices, I wouldn't go to CES without a real camera and the best computer I had available. Not that what he has is the best, I wouldn't have a clue as I've never even used a MacBook. But needless to say, at CES you come with any equipment you can get to be ready for any and all possibilities.
    01-09-13 10:55 AM
    I just read the title again. It has come to the point where we care what is in other peoples bags?????????
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-09-13 10:57 AM
    Well there are those who profess an undying and all encompassing devotion and allegiance to BB and state that they will never ever ever ever ever ever use anything else.....and the last time CBK was seen with something other than a BB there was nearly a civil war.....they keep tabs on what CBK uses.....I remember THAT whole thing....
    01-09-13 11:01 AM
    Kevin is still human afterall...

And besides that's where you get a good source of information i.e. from someone who actually used other devices...
    01-09-13 04:56 PM
    We have matured as a forum. No demanding Kevin's head on a platter.
    Not all of us are mature, speak for yourself
    kbz1960 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    01-09-13 05:46 PM
    Well there are those who profess an undying and all encompassing devotion and allegiance to BB and state that they will never ever ever ever ever ever use anything else.....and the last time CBK was seen with something other than a BB there was nearly a civil war.....they keep tabs on what CBK uses.....I remember THAT whole thing....
    I'm devoted to loving women and i will not try anything else. Notice I didn't say "using" women
    01-09-13 05:49 PM
    And? Is there a punchline? lol. Personally, I'd rather trust someone who has at least experienced EVERYTHING over having stuck to one thing and has no reference point for other use case scenarios.. dunno about you all. Besides, can't talk crap about something you haven't used.. lol.

01-09-13 06:42 PM
    I'm devoted to loving women and i will not try anything else. Notice I didn't say "using" women
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent, magutwit and h20work like this.
    01-09-13 06:49 PM
    Although I really love my BlackBerry devices, I wouldn't go to CES without a real camera and the best computer I had available. Not that what he has is the best, I wouldn't have a clue as I've never even used a MacBook. But needless to say, at CES you come with any equipment you can get to be ready for any and all possibilities.
    The MacBooks are very nice. If you took a straw poll of all the tech writers there at CES I'd hazard a guess that 90% of them have taken a MacBook Pro to the event.
    axllebeer likes this.
    01-09-13 06:50 PM
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

That's the difference between us. Women are expected to and excel at using men for what they want. If us poor men admit to using women we get stoned.
    01-09-13 06:54 PM
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

Not fair, you can say that but if I do I'm a sexist. Actually, I like the sound of that
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 07:05 PM
    Lol. Awesome thread.

Yeah, I always carry as many devices possible around with me at shows... because if you ever come across a new device or accessory, you may need to do up comparison photos / videos (like to be prepared to help out on our other sites too at these shows). iPhone 5 / iPad are standards for us to carry around for comparisons.

Also, as I've gone through my Mobile Nations World Tour... every time I get a new device I just pick it up and add it into the pocket. Have my BlackBerry data plan running on an iPhone 5 nano sim, then use adapters to move it into microsim or full sim devices. Nice and flexible and able to use everything.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 07:28 PM
    Have my BlackBerry data plan running on an iPhone 5 nano sim, then use adapters to move it into microsim or full sim devices. Nice and flexible and able to use everything.
    This is something I need to investigate. Sounds like the thing to do if you want to swap the same service across various devices. My problem here is the equivalent BB Data plan has 1.5gb a month data whereas the others (any others!) have 6gb.
    01-09-13 07:32 PM
    When the Bold 9000 came out I got the Rogers 6GB data plan for BB... they phased that out but I've always kept it.. so have the 6GB on the nano sim and still works w/ BB and everything else.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-09-13 08:21 PM
    When the Bold 9000 came out I got the Rogers 6GB data plan for BB... they phased that out but I've always kept it.. so have the 6GB on the nano sim and still works w/ BB and everything else.
    Same here.. Rogers will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
    01-09-13 10:23 PM
    I don't think carriers here will be that silly to offer that much data on a BB plan.
    01-09-13 10:34 PM
    That's the difference between us. Women are expected to and excel at using men for what they want. If us poor men admit to using women we get stoned.
    Everybody just get stoned....oh wrong song.....Now, Now..We don't use women, we "appreciate their willingness to assist us" yea, that's it
    01-10-13 12:39 AM
    Kevin you Heathen
    01-10-13 07:21 AM
    I'm sure BB10 will, but where the **** is it!
    January 30th.
    01-10-13 07:30 AM
    Besides, can't talk crap about something you haven't used.. lol.
    One only needs to read mobile story comments to know that informed opinions like yours are rather a rarity
    01-10-13 07:32 AM
    Over the past couple of years, I've seriously been wondering if being loyal to one company any company is really worth it. Companies are not customer friendly like they once were. Times have changed, its all about the money not the customers. IMO, its okay to have choices.....because I can remember when the Motorola grey brick was the only cell phone available.
    Actually, we should purchase phone for our personal or professional utility, not what is the latest fashion, this goes for Apple, Samsung, RIM or any other manufacturers. A lot of people do mistakes by buying the wrong phone then regrets it. We all need to do our homework before the purchase.
    01-10-13 08:19 AM
    Actually, we should purchase phone for our personal or professional utility, not what is the latest fashion, this goes for Apple, Samsung, RIM or any other manufacturers. A lot of people do mistakes by buying the wrong phone then regrets it. We all need to do our homework before the purchase.
    And what is useful to one person may not be to another.
    No need to judge.
    Waaaaaaaaaay to much fundamentalism going on with some folks.
    Choice is good.

shaleem likes this.
    01-10-13 09:47 AM
103 ... 2345