For those BB phone users who can't get past the wifi setup process, how long do plan on keeping your BB phones? For now, I'll wait and see for awhile. Maybe someone will figure it out.
    01-18-22 05:32 AM
    Just put it in a drawer with all the other old phones from years past... pull it out every now and then.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-18-22 06:58 AM
    For those BB phone users who can't get past the wifi setup process, how long do plan on keeping your BB phones? For now, I'll wait and see for awhile. Maybe someone will figure it out.
    Well, I don't know about you. However, received a notice that my wife's fully loaded 2015 BMW 2015 will no longer cease to function come March of this year. Something about the tyres not compatible with most roads....So I thought I would just throw any non functioning phones in the BMW and park out back....See what happens in the coming months, or years....
    spARTacus and dmlis like this.
    01-19-22 10:08 AM
    Well, I don't know about you. However, received a notice that my wife's fully loaded 2015 BMW 2015 will no longer cease to function come March of this year. Something about the tyres not compatible with most roads....So I thought I would just throw any non functioning phones in the BMW and park out back....See what happens in the coming months, or years....
    You can't be serious
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    01-20-22 03:17 AM
    You can't be serious
    I thought it was quite funny, because there are indeed those sorts of marketing gimmicks coming from the dealerships and such.

Fortunately, enough folks are smart enough about the subject for snow tires vs all season tires, and there are also lots of different service options for changing out the tires, and lots of people even also do it themselves. Unfortunately, not as much flexibility for phones.
    01-20-22 07:08 AM
    Good question. In my situation, I changed from BB10 a quite a while ago for daily driver, before the deadline was even announced (I actually thought I was a longer than most holdout). So, I am like what was stated in the other post, in terms of my BB10 devices just being about hobby.

I'd be interested to know how many people are still struggling along with BBOS/BB10 as daily drivers, although there was lots of uncertainty about "the number" even before 4Jan2022.
    01-20-22 07:13 AM
    Passport SE and OS10 is with full function in Germany, because 2G for telephone is long existing and 4g for data enough. I use all the apps as before and i need and miss nothing-thanks to the help of the forum! I like this perfect phone and use it daily despite it is a little bit too large. Because i did no new setup after 4. jan. 22, so i have now only the battery-drain problem.
    Last edited by Thomas Jo; 01-26-22 at 01:42 AM.
    horia_m likes this.
    01-23-22 06:59 PM
    Wifi fine on my ATT 9900... fwiw. The browser is barely functional anyway. BUT, voice-sms-mms keeps trucking nicely. Bluetooth xfr working also. Planning to continue Agent99 service as a typing appliance.

Since 99 types twice wpm as Pocket and nearly 3X my best burst on iOS, larger compositions are worth typing on 99 and xfr. Shorter msgs will use less typing friendly devices. 99 is too productive to retire, yet.
    01-23-22 09:04 PM
    Wifi fine on my ATT 9900... fwiw. The browser is barely functional anyway. BUT, voice-sms-mms keeps trucking nicely. Bluetooth xfr working also. Planning to continue Agent99 service as a typing appliance.

Since 99 types twice wpm as Pocket and nearly 3X my best burst on iOS, larger compositions are worth typing on 99 and xfr. Shorter msgs will use less typing friendly devices. 99 is too productive to retire, yet.
    Sometime in February comes the AT&T retirement party…
    01-24-22 07:35 AM
    Sometime in February comes the AT&T retirement party…
    A sad party it'll be. BUT, unless Bluetooth AND USB also retires, I plan on Agent99 working typing appliance duties. She's still fastest enough of my stables to justify the effort. For larger compositions, anyway. Muscle memory's already well versed @ Bluetooth xfr. Agent99 and Pocket are already old hands at it. Pun intended. Lol. Both single handed friendly make for very useful double fisted, side by side, proficiency.

I'm still writing design & operations manuals for design work I've participated over my careers. Maybe insufficient time in THIS lifetime to complete @ the speed of 9900? Measured in "light years"? Lol.

Slowing that speed by 1/2 or 1/3 proves worth avoiding for some huge compositions. Bluetooth xfr still proving adequate to THAT mission even without ATT 3G+. Lol.
    01-24-22 08:38 AM
    A sad party it'll be. BUT, unless Bluetooth AND USB also retires, I plan on Agent99 working typing appliance duties. She's still fastest enough of my stables to justify the effort. For larger compositions, anyway. Muscle memory's already well versed @ Bluetooth xfr. Agent99 and Pocket are already old hands at it. Pun intended. Lol. Both single handed friendly make for very useful double fisted proficiency.

I'm still writing design & operations manuals for design work I've participated over my careers. Maybe insufficient time in THIS lifetime to complete @ the speed of 9900? Measured in "light years"? Lol.

Slowing that speed by 1/2 or 1/3 proves worth avoiding for some huge compositions. Bluetooth xfr still proving adequate to THAT mission even without ATT 3G+. Lol.
    I was only pointing out the “voice-sms-mms keeps trucking nicely.” part specific to AT&T this month unfortunately.

You might be able to keep some limited functionality on T-Mobile however
    01-24-22 08:45 AM
    I was only pointing out the “voice-sms-mms keeps trucking nicely.” part specific to AT&T this month unfortunately.

You might be able to keep some limited functionality on T-Mobile however
    Good thought. If TMo will have me?

Better chance with 9900? Or 9930?
    01-24-22 08:47 AM
    Good thought. If TMo will have me?
    No BIS plans of course since all that’s dead. Just pop in a TMO SIM and see what happens. Wait until after the AT&T shutdown of course
    01-24-22 08:50 AM
    No BIS plans of course since all that’s dead. Just pop in a TMO SIM and see what happens. Wait until after the AT&T shutdown of course
    I have spares. Lol.
    01-24-22 08:51 AM