I downloaded KeePass for blackberry and I also use KeePass for my PC, but wanted to know if it's possible to sync the databases together so I don't have to enter each item separately... I haven't tried and will do so when I have time, but wanted to know if it were even possible.
    04-03-08 01:22 AM
    That would be great if it can. I use KeePass on my PC.
    04-03-08 01:24 AM
    Yes you can sync your KeePass DB between your Desktop and BB. In fact, KeePass for BB installs a script that the Desktop Manager will run at each sync so that your KeePass db is always in sync with your PC.

There are somethings to note however:
    1) You MUST be logged into your KeePass db on your BB in order for the sync to work (I'm not sure why this is). If you are not, the DM KeePass script will throw an error.

2) If you run the KeePass 2.0 alphas (which I do because it allows me to save my KeePass DB on my FTP server), you will need to export your KeePass 2 DB to a KeePasss 1.X DB before you can sync. (KeePass 2.X DB's are different than KeePass 1.X DB's)

In my opinion these are MINOR inconveniences for having my KeePass database with me wherever I go.
    04-03-08 10:48 AM
    The best part is that it's Free.

I found KeePass on accident. My company uses Password Safe and when I typed it, it yielded KeePass's password safe.

04-04-08 01:00 PM
    I have a follow-up question.... I have been a happy keepass user for some time. I have also been successfully using the BB sync product, well, until tonight when up upgraded my DM to 4.5. Now everytime it tries to sync keepass, DM crashes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
    06-21-08 09:12 PM
    I have a follow-up question.... I have been a happy keepass user for some time. I have also been successfully using the BB sync product, well, until tonight when up upgraded my DM to 4.5. Now everytime it tries to sync keepass, DM crashes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
    Is this the official version of DM or the beta? If it's the beta, have you tried the 4.6 beta DM?
    06-21-08 09:57 PM
    It was the 4.5 download announced today on the Crackberry Blog (apparently I'm not allowed to post the URL as I am new to posting on the forum). I assume this is not a beta. I didn't see anything saying it was a beta.
    06-21-08 10:02 PM
    I have a question regarding keepass. I also found this software by accident, but a cannot find a user guide. I was wondering if there is a way to have the keepass on the bb autofill the password and username fields on the websites. if so can someone tell me how. Thank you
    09-13-08 09:33 PM
    I have a question regarding keepass. I also found this software by accident, but a cannot find a user guide. I was wondering if there is a way to have the keepass on the bb autofill the password and username fields on the websites. if so can someone tell me how. Thank you
    I too am trying to find some kind of user guide. I can not get the desktop and the bb to sync. I have gone into the add-ins and placed the check mark, but I don't know if I have configured it correctly.

Thanks
    10-06-08 08:24 AM
    I hope someone can help...

I get the following error message whenever I try to synch my BB 8130 Pearl using Desktop Manager. Everything else synchs, just not KeePass:

KeePassBBAddin error:
    There was an error on the device, probably a bad password.
    Use <ALT>LGLG on the device to check the log

I don't have <ALT> on the Pearl, I can log into KeePass on my Desktop and KeePass on my BB with the same password. I've tried synching with both apps closed, with both apps logged into, with app signed on only on desktop, with app signed on only on BB. I just can't figure it out...

I would like to be able to sync, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by eyeondesigns; 10-07-08 at 10:57 AM.
    10-07-08 10:46 AM
    I ran into the same error on my Sprint BB 8830. KeyPass had worked fine for months but then started to throw the KeePassAddin error. After a lot of troubleshooting I found that I had more that 3 MB of applications. The desktop manager said there was 3 MB for Applications.

I removed a large program to get myself down under 3MB. At that point the sync ran successfully.
    04-02-09 04:12 PM
    I have been using keypass on my pc and also a windows mobile device with no problems. On my BB however the database opens and accounts are the same as with the database on the pc, however every password is incorrect. Anyone have any ideas? Haven blown out the db on the blackberry a few times and copied it back over but no joy...
    07-19-09 07:11 PM
    I've used Keepass in the past, but I've found I like this product better - https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dPKztLJg

Also free. The premium version is $12 a year, and gives you software to use on Windows Mobile, Android, and BB. Among other benefits.
    07-19-09 07:50 PM
    I've downloaded the latest version of KeePass for the PC (v2.15) and KeePassBB (v2.0.1506)
    They are not compatable. When I sync the two and try to open the database on my BB I get the error "The database must be from KeePass version 2.09 - 2.11"

I thought I'd download an older PC version that is compatable, but I can't find anything but the "current" version. It looks like these versions were published a year ago. Has KeePass dropped off the face of the earth? It seems nuts that they would go a full year without keeping their PC and BB versions sinced.

Or am I missing something?

If I can't keep my BB synced with my PC, then KeePass is worthless.
    04-17-11 07:46 PM
    Go to the Keypass website and click on the downloads. There is a Downloads Archive which takes you to the sourceforge site. Every version that has been made available should be on the sourceforge site.
    04-18-11 05:35 PM
    I've downloaded the latest version of KeePass for the PC (v2.15) and KeePassBB (v2.0.1506)
    They are not compatable. When I sync the two and try to open the database on my BB I get the error "The database must be from KeePass version 2.09 - 2.11"

I thought I'd download an older PC version that is compatable, but I can't find anything but the "current" version. It looks like these versions were published a year ago. Has KeePass dropped off the face of the earth? It seems nuts that they would go a full year without keeping their PC and BB versions sinced.

Or am I missing something?

If I can't keep my BB synced with my PC, then KeePass is worthless.
    Exactly the same error for me!

If I downgrade the PC version will I still keep my current database or will I have to start from scratch?
    05-08-11 05:43 PM
    Guys,

I have donwloaded KeePassBB2 and stored my db on dropbox. However, sync works PC->BB only for me.
    Anyone knows if sync BB->PC works via dropbox using KeePassBB2??
    02-16-13 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD