Kakao Talk partners with BlackBerry to protect user identities | Rapid Mobile. I don't really understand the value of this partnership, would it not strengthen BBM's competition? Don't get the benefit but maybe that's why i'm not running the company lol.
    11-09-14 07:25 PM
    Kakao Talk partners with BlackBerry to protect user identities | Rapid Mobile. I don't really understand the value of this partnership, would it not strengthen BBM's competition? Don't get the benefit but maybe that's why i'm not running the company lol.

Identity management is a core BlackBerry service that the majority of people don't even know exists. (BlackBerry doesn't really expand on it much anyway but that's besides the point.) Sure, they'd be helping others but then those others become reliant on BlackBerry's back end services. Sadly, the link you provided offers very little (if any) proof there's a relationship there. Rather puzzling. Though the change log does say 'Add friends using BlackBerry PIN'. Not sure that implies BlackBerry protecting their identity lol.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-09-14 07:33 PM
    Identity management is a core BlackBerry service that the majority of people don't even know exists. (BlackBerry doesn't really expand on it much anyway but that's besides the point.) Sure, they'd be helping others but then those others become reliant on BlackBerry's back end services. Sadly, the link you provided offers very little (if any) proof there's a relationship there. Rather puzzling. Though the change log does say 'Add friends using BlackBerry PIN'. Not sure that implies BlackBerry protecting their identity lol.
    Do they just mean protecting their identity in a broad sense, by not having to give out their phone number, for example?

This is going to drive my only BBM contact nuts, - a Korean girl devoted to Kakao who complains about me forcing her to use BBM, because "BlackBerry sucks!"

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:22 PM
    Interesting...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    11-12-14 05:05 AM
    Curious what this means as well.

Maybe royalties for use of the BlackBerry PIN system?

Not sure if the pin system is patented or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:53 AM