One is a link to the Gizmo article. the other is a tweet to BB

View details �

Pattie Mallette Pattie Mallette @pattiemallette 6h

Ok #BB Haters... bit.ly/VLcjNU

View details �

Pattie Mallette Pattie Mallette @pattiemallette 6h

Ok @BlackBerry suspense is killing me. #Blackberry10 Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

View details �

Now if we could get Justin Bieber to tweet about BB10 that would hit a couple of million fans.
    01-28-13 04:10 PM
    His mom is the last person I'd want tweeting about RIM. Her son was distancing himself from her recent comments towards her support for pro-life, and other highly controversial subjects.

Just saying. This isn't going to turn into a debate about abortion.
    01-28-13 04:30 PM
    Well, if Justin Beiber is part of the party on Wednesday, RIMM jsut losst about 99% of all high school students and college students.

What a moronic decision if RIMM is actually doing this.
    01-28-13 04:57 PM
    She has over a million followers? thats crazy
    01-28-13 05:14 PM
    His mom is the last person I'd want tweeting about RIM. Her son was distancing himself from her recent comments towards her support for pro-life, and other highly controversial subjects.

Yup, shes a nut bag. Great to have a quasi-celebrity support RIM, but she is definitely not someone to get officially tied to. Shes a PR nightmare.
    jesse_h and anon(1005582) like this.
    01-28-13 05:27 PM
    LOL please elaborate.

Well, if Justin Beiber is part of the party on Wednesday, RIMM jsut losst about 99% of all high school students and college students.

01-28-13 05:51 PM
    LOL please elaborate.
    yeah really... where are you going with that one kfh227?
    01-28-13 05:58 PM
    I don't think that RIM should get Beiber to actually endorse the Z10. It would look rather dumb if you walked into a Rogers or some other store and saw a Beiber cut out with a Z10. BUT I think it is a very good for branding and awareness if he and his mum tweet about using a Z10 or N10. If she tweeted about being excited for the new iphone 5s how many people would you think would actually not buy an iphone for that reason? very few I would say. The tween/teen smartphone market is huge and only getting bigger, and despite how we might feel about Beiber millions of Girls in NA are obsessed with him. The fact that his mum has a million followers on twitter is proof of that. For most teens in NA they see blackberries as their mum/dad's old school business phone. RIM has realised now that they can't just focus on selling to professionals and governments and hope to survive, they need to get a much larger portion of the general population. Branding the BB10's as a phone that will appeal to much wider market will be key to success and celebrity adoption can do this.
    01-28-13 06:12 PM
    I highly doubt bieber will have anything to do with the launch.
    01-28-13 06:36 PM
    I guess i spoke out of turn. I was assuming that all those 4th graders that loved Bieber are now in high school and too shamed to admit that they listned to him. Is his fame over yet? I thought it was.

I don't have him being a mouth piece for RIMM. I just don't want him performing on Wednesday.

RIMM should consider going to every major sports franchise in the USA and Canada and getting the most well liked (not most skilled mind you) player for each team to sign an advertising deal. Use them holding the phone in real life cardboard cutouts at all retail locations to promote BB10 in a targeted campaign.

Even if RIMM did not think of this yet, they could probably get it done in two weeks.
    01-28-13 07:09 PM
    geezer, let go of the hate. That can't be good for your heart. You know you can just not listen to his music...
    Or are you a self hating bieberfan?
    schmeat likes this.
    01-28-13 08:26 PM

I would go to the BB10 launch party if nickleback was there...
    01-28-13 08:42 PM
    I would go to the BB10 launch party if nickleback was there...
    I'd go if Budos Band rocked it or the Screaming Eagle of Soul (Charles Bradley) were there.
    01-28-13 08:53 PM
    You guys do realize 99% of his fans are female right? Mostly teens and whatnot. But why the hate for Beiber? Let the kid be.

And young people are easily impressionable, especially teenage girls. If Beiber posts something about BB10, these girls would follow trend. Easily.
    01-29-13 01:20 AM

This. That woman is a twit on multiple levels.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-29-13 01:25 AM

Maybe she has more then one opinion about things you know.

She's been a long time BB user and has tweeted before about it.
    01-29-13 01:48 AM
    I guess i spoke out of turn. I was assuming that all those 4th graders that loved Bieber are now in high school and too shamed to admit that they listned to him. Is his fame over yet?
    You do know there are Canadians *ahem* more specifically proud Ontarians all over CB right? As much as I poke fun, biebs is a-okay with me regardless of whether or not I listen to his music. The kid is doing his thing right now and loving life so I can't hate. I got a story for you, because I used to think quite similarly. 5-6 years ago I was working at a backstreet boys re-union concert thing at the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto and I realized the error in my ways. I was dreading the show because I hated their music so much when I was growing up but I was in for a treat.. Those brace faced, pimpley preteen girls that loved BSB when I was all "eff that shiz bro! It's about the music!" were all now 20-30 year old babes, who liked to party. There was none of the attitude that fans of music I listened to had, none of the bad hygiene of the fans of music I didn't like either. I didn't have to kick out any 300lbs dudes who did a bump in the bathroom and thought they were superman (the crowd was 98% women, 1% gay dudes, 1% boyfriends who loved all the eye candy like I did). It was overall a great night and I don't remember any of the stuff going on in the direction of the stage haha. I respect these guys now. 5-6yrs from now there's gonna be a young buck walking those same aisles with his head on a swivel thinking "shieeeet, I guess Bieber was good for something!" In the interim Biebs being on teamblackberry means these girls would beg, smash those piggy banks and throw fits for bb10 in his honor... Making happy investor/enthusiasts like me.
    Last edited by 416to604; 01-29-13 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Posting from playbook, lots of typos
    mithrazor likes this.
    01-29-13 02:44 AM
    Her tweet got retweeted 669 times, awesome.
    01-29-13 06:55 AM
    Its her opinion, she has a right to voice it. There I made my point
    01-29-13 07:03 AM
    You guys do realize 99% of his fans are female right? Mostly teens and whatnot.

And young people are easily impressionable, especially teenage girls. If Beiber posts something about BB10, these girls would follow trend. Easily.
    For the long-term, this is actually a key demographic. Females make most of the purchase decisions in a household and they are heavy users of communication devices. As well, building a marketing relationship with teens will pay dividends for years. So, yes, I think it would be great if Justin Bieber was on board with BB10. The corporate crowd couldn't care less, but it would solidify an important demographic for Blackberry. And it would be *much* less expensive than a Superbowl ad.

The song "Call me maybe" by Carly Rae Jeppsen first became popular all because of a tweet by Justin Bieber. It's a great song, but it might have remained unknown if it wasn't for Justin's tweet about it.
    01-29-13 07:41 AM
    Are we really getting in to an argument about a celebrity's mom tweeting about BB10? Please don't tell me that?
    dietertong likes this.
    01-29-13 08:31 AM
    Relax! she must have some good smarts if she uses a Berry and right now she is looking after the number one kid on the planet
    an Justin was born just down the road from Rim headquarters.
    01-29-13 08:59 AM
    You guys do realize 99% of his fans are female right? Mostly teens and whatnot. But why the hate for Beiber? Let the kid be.

The Beaver has an iphone .
    01-29-13 09:08 AM
    If the Beaver promotes the phone i'll be going to GalaxyS3.
    01-29-13 09:10 AM
    wow, now i REALLY want bb10. I mean, Biber's mom?!?!!

/sarcasm
    01-29-13 10:20 AM
26 12