The problem isn't so much the questions being asked, it is them being asked so frequently. The vast majority of the repeat questions ARE covered by sticky topics. Things about memory, the GMail duplicate, How-To FAQs, etc. It just gets kind of old seeing the same exact question asked 4 times, each one within 10 minutes of one another. That is how it tends to happen, and that can't even fall on the fault of stickies, or FAQs; it is simply a person not even taking the time to read the first page of topics to see if they can find an answer.

Our society is too quick to expect answers given, and far too many people refuse to actual take the time to look. I am not special, but I know a lot about BlackBerrys and I have never made the topics we see repeated daily. I took the time to read FAQs, How-Tos, and sticky topics; and as a result, I learned. There is a difference between being new and being lazy, and the first is not an excuse of the latter. Therein lies the biggest problem...

A forum with no topics is a boring forum. A forum with nothing but the same topics over and over again isn't much better.
    You have to appreciate the irony of that, being that that is exactly what a BlackBerry enables us to do... instant access to emails because we can no longer wait to be back at our computer.

I don't have a Berry yet, but as I have said am in the research phase.. right now what I'm doing is when I see a thread that I know is going to helo me when I do take the plunge, I favorite it in a "Phone stuff" folder so I can go back tot he 15 or so threads that I already have that tell me how to do the basic stuff that I know I'm going to want to do on day 1.

I get the OP's point though, it is annoying, but as someone else said, it's hard to search if you don't know what you're searching for...last night I searched to see if the BB had "area code match" as it's called on my current phone, and I found the answer in a roundabout way thru another thread that came up in search.. so it is hard to know what to search for in the beginning too, but patience is a virtue.. I just think the BB has caused our patience to become thinner and expectations of instant gratification to become even higher.

Ok, I'm rambling now.. time to hit the beach!
    07-07-08 11:16 AM
    Well, as a certified (certifiable?) newbie here I made sure I read through all the FAQs and stickies, and did a search of the threads before asking anything. Lo and behold, most of my questions were already asked and answered. Honestly, it was waaay quicker to read through old threads than to register, confirm registration, start up a thread, type in the whole story and question, then sit around waiting (and hoping) for someone to answer.

If I ever make any newb mistakes, however, feel free to b*tch at me. I hate it when I'm annoying.
    07-07-08 12:31 PM
    Holy sh*t batman...

This thread was dug up from the grave!
    07-07-08 12:34 PM
    Does anyone realize that this entire thread defeats the entire purpose of the initial post/gripe? Newb questions taking up space and adding no value but there are at least 11 pages of threads here that are just taking up space and adding absolutely no value to the forum? Pardon the arrogance or newbness for not reading all the posts in the thread before posting.
    07-07-08 01:32 PM
    I am a tweener, I guess. I've learned enough to be dangerous, lol. I'm getting close to a hundred posts and the quality of what I'm putting up is getting better. I cringe at some of my early posts, we all get there, though. To some I'll always be a newbie and they'll go along ignoring me - I know who they are. Who cares, I'm more interested with helping others and talking with the nice people - and there are a lot of nice people here. I've read a bunch of stickys and try to post general information that I haven't come across - not that it isn't there. There's so much information that it is easy to miss something. Overall this is a good community and it isn't hard to pass over the same posts. We were all there once.

Oops, change my name to grave robber, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 07-07-08 at 02:44 PM.
    07-07-08 02:41 PM
    Well im gonna be honest here, when i first got to this site i overlooked the stickys and search function. Due to my sheer excitement over my new bb. I would just post whatever question i had. But i did eventually come to love the advanced search feature, and still use it fairly often. But as far as posting links goes, i think everyone should be doing this. If there is a guide to freeing up memory that is detailed, then link to it. Its alot easier than explaining everything step by step.

I understand both sides of the arguement here, but personally i enjoy answering the questions that i have the knowledge on.
    07-07-08 02:53 PM
    All I have to say is WOW. I thought this was a supposed to be site where people can help each other, spread information, and ease Peoples Blackberry Anguish? I can't believe that there would be 11 pages of bickering about frustrated people asking redundant questions. If you have a problem with answering the same question then stop checking Crackberry.com several times a day. Obviously there are people here who wanna help and take the time to explain, devise, and conquer so why don't you sit back and let them do it? If BB addicts are asking the same questions then dont answer them. Uh, Hello? I didn't know you time was so precious.
    This is my first post and most likely my last. As I peruse the website looking for help or ideas I, generally, look thoroughly as to not be superfluous. Sometimes, though, I just want a goddman answer because I just spent 60 minutes on the phone with my mobile carrier and another 45 with my ISP trying to figure out wy my WIFI doesn't work, for instance. So, I'm not in the mood to be looking carefully through a new forum based website. You have obviously answered more than a thousand questions on this site but want do you want in return? A cookie? then here:
    If you do not want a cookie then sit back, shut up, and quit your bitchin. Thank you-IM OUT!
    07-07-08 03:43 PM
    It does get irritating viewing a sea of repeatedly asked questions show up everyday, but I am grateful that everyone here at CrackBerry still continues to put forth the effort in educating the newbies, as frustrating as it may be. Any kind of problem is always inconvenient for someone... so thanks to everyone who goes the extra mile
    Last edited by zarzamora_hermosa; 03-28-09 at 01:16 AM.
    03-28-09 01:13 AM
    Amen, it will be okay
    03-28-09 01:29 AM
    Holy sh*t batman...

This thread was dug up from the grave!
    Hahaha, it's called Necro-posting...
    03-28-09 01:30 AM
160 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD