Hello everyone !!

I was watching the last video from Telekompresse (Big hands German Arnold) and i see that people are still talking about not getting BB10 cause whatsapp is not going to be available.

Well here's a though: Imagine if Whatsapp inc. keeps being prepotent and stands with the no app for BB10 position, what if that decision makes RIM angry and they decide to develop BBM for all platforms, what do you think will happen to Whatsapp ??

Everyone that has used BBM and all other messaging apps knows that BBM is the best instant messaging app of all time by far, so my guess is ( bye bye whatsapp ) they can kiss good bye, and on the way, they can kiss my A.S.S. too lol !!
    01-21-13 06:20 AM
    Or you could just side load Whatsapp for Android I think.

BBM is unlikely to appear on any other platforms. It's RIM's unique selling point. If only more of my friends had Blackberries!
    01-21-13 06:30 AM
    But the thing is, people use whichever IM their friends are using? From where I am, Whatsapp is almost as universal as SMS. Anyone who has a smartphone is bound to have whatsapp. It has been established as a cross platform IM already. When people are give out their contact number, they say "SMS/Whatsapp me". So even if BBM goes cross platform, it will be difficult to convince people to do otherwise.
    01-21-13 06:39 AM
    What is whatsapp? I keep hearing about it on CB but I have NEVER EVER heard one person ...NOT one NOT EVEN ONE person talk about whats app. I have a SG3 and I have yet to have one person ....not one not even a single ONE PERSON say HEY get on whosapps or whatisapp or whatsapp cause I have NEVER EVER EVER heard about whatsapps. WIth a MILLION other options you people sound like idiots with this whatsapps.
    jesse_h and gravymonster like this.
    01-21-13 06:41 AM
    What is whatsapp? I keep hearing about it on CB but I have NEVER EVER heard one person ...NOT one NOT EVEN ONE person talk about whats app. I have a SG3 and I have yet to have one person ....not one not even a single ONE PERSON say HEY get on whosapps or whatisapp or whatsapp cause I have NEVER EVER EVER heard about whatsapps. WIth a MILLION other options you people sound like idiots with this whatsapps.
    Whatsapp is a Third-Party insecure Cross-Platform messaging solution found en masse in areas where unlimited SMS/MMS isn't prominent such as Africa. I have it for when I'm away from a sms supported area but near WiFi, and I use the free-for-life glitchy version. But I would agree with above, I'll just sideload it, I really don't want BBM on all platforms because then "why go BB? I can get BBM anyway"
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    01-21-13 06:52 AM
    i had a question about sideloading whatsapp (if anyone would know or have any ideas).... will notifications show on the peek feature and then conversations in the hub??? as its an android sideload i didnt think it would be automatically integrated like that.. and all you end up with is simply the icon in the icon grid.. but no hub or peek integration...

??????? ny thoughts...
    01-21-13 08:42 AM
    BBM will be a serious decider in smart phone battle in long run.Whats app need to sort out the app hogging processing and battery life.Secondly it might be available on BES business plan in future.If this is the case within a year or two it will filter down to consumer and Rim will make money off that.

But for now BBM is for BB's.
    01-21-13 08:57 AM
    i had a question about sideloading whatsapp (if anyone would know or have any ideas).... will notifications show on the peek feature and then conversations in the hub??? as its an android sideload i didnt think it would be automatically integrated like that.. and all you end up with is simply the icon in the icon grid.. but no hub or peek integration...

??????? ny thoughts...
    you are right.. sideloading whatsapp will definitely not be the same as if they ported it or made a native app..

if the app is not running, as an active tile, then u will NOT get notifications at all .. the app has to be open.. sideloading the app will not guarantee that it';ll work with the notification framework.
    01-21-13 10:29 AM
    Y U SO ANGRY?
    Just because you've "never heard of it" doesn't mean it's not popular. And what's owning a GS3 have to do with anything? It's not a stock GS3 app or anything, so what phone you have is irrelevant. Judging by numbers, Whatsapp is THE most used cross platform IM app there is, and it is hugely popular. However, you have to be in a circle of people who use it in order to take advantage of it.

I hope BB10 gets it native, because it's a must for me, but as long as I can sideload it (and it's not buggy), I'll be happy. For those customers that don't/won't know about sideloading, this could be a turnoff.
    01-21-13 10:42 AM
    Hello everyone !!

I was watching the last video from Telekompresse (Big hands German Arnold) and i see that people are still talking about not getting BB10 cause whatsapp is not going to be available.

Well here's a though: Imagine if Whatsapp inc. keeps being prepotent and stands with the no app for BB10 position, what if that decision makes RIM angry and they decide to develop BBM for all platforms, what do you think will happen to Whatsapp ??

Everyone that has used BBM and all other messaging apps knows that BBM is the best instant messaging app of all time by far, so my guess is ( bye bye whatsapp ) they can kiss good bye, and on the way, they can kiss my A.S.S. too lol !!
    Lol u make these companies sound like they're run by a bunch of 5 year olds

RIM isn't going to get mad because whatsapp isn't on the platform a day let that anger determine if they release bbm on another platform. I truly hope it's there at launch but even at this point, I don't think releasing bbm on all platforms would kill whatsapp
    aniym likes this.
    01-21-13 10:47 AM
    Y U SO ANGRY?
    Just because you've "never heard of it" doesn't mean it's not popular. And what's owning a GS3 have to do with anything? It's not a stock GS3 app or anything, so what phone you have is irrelevant. Judging by numbers, Whatsapp is THE most used cross platform IM app there is, and it is hugely popular. However, you have to be in a circle of people who use it in order to take advantage of it.

I hope BB10 gets it native, because it's a must for me, but as long as I can sideload it (and it's not buggy), I'll be happy. For those customers that don't/won't know about sideloading, this could be a turnoff.
    That was clearly a trolling post ha, and you're right rickroller....what did having a GS3 have to do with it??? Ya'll know how crackberry is....if one person doesn't use it, it's apparently useless and BlackBerry has many other options its users can choose from even if they have much smaller user bases
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-21-13 10:56 AM
    I just heard that Sideloading WhatsApp does not work properly.
    01-21-13 10:59 AM
    I think it doesn't work on the playbook because it needs text message verification. Dev Alphas don't have cellular connections either so it wouldn't work on them. Not sure if it would work on a proper BB10 device though.
    01-21-13 11:10 AM
    I think it doesn't work on the playbook because it needs text message verification. Dev Alphas don't have cellular connections either so it wouldn't work on them. Not sure if it would work on a proper BB10 device though.
    I was told it was a proper device.
    01-21-13 11:41 AM
    Ya'll know how crackberry is....if one person doesn't use it, it's apparently useless and BlackBerry has many other options its users can choose from even if they have much smaller user bases

LOL!!!!! Remember how much Siri was derided???? I have to admit even I took part in that, until I used it and found that yes, it is useful.

I can't wait to hear the comments about Viki. Suddenly a voice assistant will be transcendental, love altering, RIM's gift to humanity.

The next few weeks will be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 11:42 AM
    LOL!!!!! Remember how much Siri was derided???? I have to admit even I took part in that, until I used it and found that yes, it is useful.

I can't wait to hear the comments about Viki. Suddenly a voice assistant will be transcendental, love altering, RIM's gift to humanity.

The next few weeks will be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Oh u know how it is around here lol. Even off the new video putting BB10 speech recognition against SIRI, even though they both look good IMO, around here it'll be "BB's version destroys SIRI".....we already know who the guilty ones are....but like u said, its going to be very interesting seeing peoples opinions around here in the next few weeks lol
    01-21-13 05:57 PM
    Oh u know how it is around here lol. Even off the new video putting BB10 speech recognition against SIRI, even though they both look good IMO, around here it'll be "BB's version destroys SIRI".....we already know who the guilty ones are....but like u said, its going to be very interesting seeing peoples opinions around here in the next few weeks lol
    Exactly! Siri was nothing but a gimmick, Facetime was a gimmick, now apparently being able to run 2 apps at the same time (ala Note 2) is a gimmick. Everything's a gimmick or a toy until it comes to BB, then it's the second coming and "ZOMG GREATEST THING EVAR!"
    Rello and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-21-13 07:11 PM
    the top 3 most downloaded app on almost every platform. yes, including blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-21-13 07:29 PM
    I like whatsapp cause a lot of my frinds are on it.

What sucks is you need to give out your phone number to be able to be added onto whatsapp.

I don't like my whole phonebook being on whatsapp either.
    01-22-13 01:33 AM
    I downloaded Whatsapp and two of my 150 contacts used Whatsapp. I have more BBM friends lol. I live in the states maybe its big somewhere but hardly any of my contacts use it.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 01:45 AM

Siri was and is rightly derided for being fairly useless for most people and unlike other limitations of the iphone, it is not generally one that even the fanboys stick up for either.

I guess you are trying to imply some kind of hypocrisy about viki, but firstly isn't that some 3rd party software and nothing to do with rim and secondly by it being 3rd party people will have to choose to download and use it so the odds are that anyone who likes it is more likely to comment positively about it.
    01-22-13 01:53 AM
    I've got 90 people on BBM and about 4 or 5 that I talk to on WhatsApp. Those 4-5 all had BlackBerry at one time...and all of them will agree that WhatsApp isn't a great solution to no BBM.

And like others have said...if you really want WhatsApp you can just side load it...although WhatsApp would be the dumbest company on the planet to ignore an 80 million active user base.
    01-22-13 01:58 AM
    Siri was and is rightly derided for being fairly useless for most people and unlike other limitations of the iphone, it is not generally one that even the fanboys stick up for either.

I guess you are trying to imply some kind of hypocrisy about viki, but firstly isn't that some 3rd party software and nothing to do with rim and secondly by it being 3rd party people will have to choose to download and use it so the odds are that anyone who likes it is more likely to comment positively about it.
    I am not trying to imply hypocrisy. I am stating it outright. Just like I'll be sitting with a cup of coffee when all the long held arguments about features that had been deemed irrelevant and unnecessary suddenly become RIM's gift to humanity.

Like Viki. Whether its third party or not is beside the point to my argument. I am talking about the people who deemed something absolutely unnecessary and who will suddenly deem it to be something they can't live without, simply because RIM sudddenly catches up and puts it on BB10.
    Rello and _dimi_ like this.
    01-22-13 02:03 AM

I agree with qbnkelt....at this point, it's flat out saying that there is hypocrisy on crackberry...and its mainly from the same like-minded bunch. Why because When BB doesn't have a certain app does it instantly make for more better options that we do have?...and u know what, I'm not even saying that just because something is the most popular means it's the best lol. Sure there really could be better options...but according to some people's theories on here, I should always convince my friends to jump on another alternative just because RIM doesn't have that app available. Yeah lol, that's not gonna go over too well every single time.

When u got people talking about they've never heard of whatsapp (even though I can literally go on my 9900 right now and see its the #1 free app in app world, and I can almost guarantee its on their GS3 top 10 as well), and then call people idiots for actually wanting to use a popular service....it makes me hate coming here looking to have a open minded discussion and it's a clearly trolling comment. Like Qbnkelt said, it will be a very interesting next few weeks here.

I hope, just like millions and millions of others, that Whatsapp is there at launch
    pantlesspenguin and _dimi_ like this.
    01-22-13 02:55 AM
    OK first you say you keep hearing about whatsapp on cb...then right after that you say that you have never ever heard one person talk about whatsapp? Make up yet ur mind lol. Do you mean out of your immediate circle of friends? Here'sa an idea . Download whatsapp. Enter your phone number. Then see how many of your contacts come up as whatsapp users.
    Rello, BB12MX and aniym like this.
    01-22-13 08:03 AM
158 123 ...