I hope omitting the trackpad from the keypad on the N series is not a mistake. I still can't fathom the keyboard without it. ( Like having a hand without the thumb. ) I'll find out after BB 10 gets here. It just might turn out to be positive. Hoping for the best......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 06:36 PM
    I would think that hopefully this was something that was well thought out and addressed, as many BB users love the track pad on BB. Hopefully you will able to overcome this rather easily
    11-22-12 06:53 PM
    A trackpad on a touchscren device is as useful as the home button on a touchscreen device. It's not. You want a BB that combines the awesomeness of the keyboard with the ease of touchscreen. Why muck that up with a TP? With all the gestures and taps, presses, etc We shouldn't be using any (BB) touch device with a TP. It takes away from the screen real estate.

I get it. With the 9900 the screen is not big enough and can understand where a user may have a difficult time trying to select a very small button on a website (Ya know zoom works very well), and that seems to be the same argument everyone always ends up at. (Trackpad is for precision BS...LoL)

Fact - OS 7.0 and 7.1 benefit from a a trackpad (some models more than others). BB10 doesn't need one.
    11-22-12 06:55 PM
    A trackpad on a touchscren device is as useful as the home button on a touchscreen device. It's not. You want a BB that combines the awesomeness of the keyboard with the ease of touchscreen. Why muck that up with a TP? With all the gestures and taps, presses, etc We shouldn't be using any (BB) touch device with a TP. It takes away from the screen real estate.

I get it. With the 9900 the screen is not big enough and can understand where a user may have a difficult time trying to select a very small button on a website (Ya know zoom works very well), and that seems to be the same argument everyone always ends up at. (Trackpad is for precision BS...LoL)

Fact - OS 7.0 and 7.1 benefit from a a trackpad (some models more than others). BB10 doesn't need one.
    How do you know? Do you have a BB 10 N series? We won't know until the final product is tried and tested.( By the consumers )

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 07:53 PM