I just wanted to share my Blackberry Protect success story.

Phone fell out of my pocket loading groceries into my car at the market. Got home and I noticed it wasn't in my pocket anymore. I logged in to Protect right away picked up on the location and drove back to the store. I found in the parking lot. Whole process from lost phone to found phone took about 15 mins. I would have hated to go knocking on someones door looking for my phone, if someone found it before me!

Protect is awesome software! I am upgrading Thursday to the 9930 and would have been without a phone for a few days if I didn't have protect.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-21-11 05:38 PM
    Very cool.
    I have to redownload it now.
    Thanks for the story.
    08-21-11 05:40 PM
    Very cool.
    I have to redownload it now.
    Thanks for the story.
    08-21-11 05:41 PM
    I love the app!

It is the standard app that I always install. I will install it, set it up, then hide it (so a thief doesn't see it) and forget about it.

I will occasionally go on the site and test that it works but besides that I leave it alone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:56 PM
    I have protect its the best. Not even exaggerating

08-21-11 08:01 PM
    Does it pinpoint it on a map or something? What's the website for blackberry protect?

08-22-11 08:36 AM
    It depends on if your BB is inside a building or out with a clear view to the GPS satellites... Inside a building I can get within about 50 feet of my actual location.

You can find it here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Protect
    brava27 likes this.
    08-22-11 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD