Did anyone hold a gun to your head or a knife to your throat and force any of you to buy stock in BlackBerry?

No, I didn't think so. What you all did, was take a chance in a company just like others do every day all around the world.
    You gambled, you lost. Hurts yes, but that's the nature of the beast.

I've been a member of Crackberry for a long time, I've had many many models going all the way back to the 800 model, that most of you are too young to remember, and I've loved them all due to the great members on Crackberry and OS leaks (my favorite)!

I always search every forum before I post a question, never bash anyone, and after checking in everyday to read up/catch up, sit quietly in the background wondering what the heck happened to Crackberry.

I just wish the site would look back at it's roots and remember why this website was created. For those people who truly love the BlackBerry for what it was/is/will be and stop all the belly aching about a "gamble" that you willingly took, for a product that this community has made even better.

Times change, plans don't work out and nothing is guaranteed. Enjoy what you've got, a really great product, whatever BB you have, and chill. Please.
    09-28-13 01:44 AM
    Well stated, actually, without making the personal attacks so many are making these days.
    Lendo, lherch and middbrew like this.
    09-28-13 02:47 AM
    Great post

Posted via CB10
    lherch likes this.
    09-28-13 03:06 AM
    Screw you man! Seriously

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:11 AM
    I believe that Blackberry still makes great products. I personally love my Z10 and my PlayBook.

Times change, demographics alter, you'll get more and more people that want to irk others with their decision on buying anything nowadays.
    At times, it feels like it is a personal attack when someone posts major negative views to voice a frustration that something doesn't work to their standards. I spent my time and money searching out the perfect product for me, for someone that doesn't even have the product, to tear that product down. This makes me feel like I'm the ***** for purchasing the product cause they don't approve.
    These people just wanted to start a fire to see what will happen. That's why they go to a fan website to criticize products.

I too want a community where people have legitimate issues and want answers or fixes.

If I purchase something that wasn't for me, I sell it and move on, not go to a fan website to try my best at bashing everyone in the site and the product I just sold.
    lherch likes this.
    09-28-13 03:16 AM
    Just a question.....

...for you lherch. Would you still be writing this if Bb stock had taken off, and those same posters were raving about how great management is? No? Only when the opinion is (in your judgement) "negative"?

You're right, nobody forced them to invest in BB, and if you've read my posts, you would know that I certainly saw it a foolish investment, and usually on here - a poorly reasoned one. Having said that, BB did plenty of lying and misleading, and it's perfectly understandable why investors (and consumers) might be really TICKED OFF! I don't have a ton of sympathy for them, because they chose to invest, and chose to believe, when I think there existed plenty of warning, BUT I also would not deny them the ability to talk and give their opinion about it.

i think it's presumptuous of you to tell them what they can or cannot post, and what their reaction and attitude must be. This IS a place for them to talk about it - for goodness sakes there is a "BBRY" dedicated section of the forum.

BB management made terrible decisions, broke promises, tried their best to hide the real situation, and drove the company right into the ground. In a Blackberry stock forum, you're GOING To have upset people! I think it's you who have to accept that and live with it(unless CB opts to start censoring that emotion.

The more vocal stockberrians, were , to be frank, nuts.....and none too rational. Yet you're forcing me to defend them, since you portray them as belly-achers. These nuts actually, defended BB zealously....to absurd lengths for an absurd length of time, most of the extreme ones only VERY recently have changed their tune...now that the latest results have slapped them in the face. Heck, some of them STILL are in denial - a denial absolutely worthy of being classified as a psychotic break from reality! If it's positivity you praise, I don't think you have any case in claiming these people have not been that.....they have been....unrealistically so!

They praised BB and believed in it ALL THE WAY down the hill.....past level ground, into the canyon, down the mining shaft, past the end of the light, while they felt the heat of dante's inferno burning their feet, and NOW, finally when they look around at hell, and say "hey....what the (where we are)?!!" you wish to deny them speaking candidly about it?

I think a lot of people....the positivity not reality crowd, are hurting right now and I understand that! But when that's your philosophy, you probably shouldn't be surprised others aren't doing that, especially at a forum for a failed company, where over half the workforce are getting fired, most investors are going to lose money, and many are in jeopardy of losing their favorite phone company, and their favorite phone products. It's not a very positive situation!! However, I think their posts complaining about the company are more relevant, and more rich in content than a guy who posts complaining about complaining. =
    09-28-13 03:26 AM
    Well said OP! The pissing and moaning here has really gotten out of hand!
    wxmancanada, middbrew and lherch like this.
    09-28-13 08:36 AM
    Screw you man! Seriously
    I'm a girl.

...for you lherch. Would you still be writing this if Bb stock had taken off, and those same posters were raving about how great management is? No? Only when the opinion is (in your judgement) "negative"?
    Well obviously, no, I wouldn't have written this particular post. And as you said, this is just my "opinion", in a "forum" that was made, I believe, for other people who like or dislike BB to talk, think out loud, learn or promote all the wonders that are BB. There are many, many other posts by folks that I read and think "really" and then go along with my day.

You're right, nobody forced them to invest in BB, and if you've read my posts, you would know that I certainly saw it a foolish investment, and usually on here - a poorly reasoned one. Having said that, BB did plenty of lying and misleading, and it's perfectly understandable why investors (and consumers) might be really TICKED OFF! I don't have a ton of sympathy for them, because they chose to invest, and chose to believe, when I think there existed plenty of warning, BUT I also would not deny them the ability to talk and give their opinion about it.
    Everyone can invest, at will, in whatever they choose but should do so with the understanding that whatever they are investing their hard earned money on doesn't give two hoots about "Joe Public" as long as the bottom line looks good for them in the end. Companies lie, governments lie, people lie, fact of life, but I believe you should use your best judgement and be big enough to stand behind whatever convictions lead you to invest in said company to begin with and not lay the blame on the company when it tanks. Sometimes life sucks and you move along.

i think it's presumptuous of you to tell them what they can or cannot post, and what their reaction and attitude must be. This IS a place for them to talk about it - for goodness sakes there is a "BBRY" dedicated section of the forum.
    I didn't tell anyone they can't post, I said "I just wish the site would look back at it's roots and remember why this website was created. For those people who truly love the BlackBerry for what it was/is/will be and stop all the belly aching about a "gamble" that you willingly took, for a product that this community has made even better." And since my reaction was clearly negative and attitude wasn't positive, I used this "forum" to express "my" thoughts on the subject, which by the way, we both agree, that's what this "forum" is for in the first place.

In a Blackberry stock forum, you're GOING To have upset people! I think it's you who have to accept that and live with it(unless CB opts to start censoring that emotion.
    If what I had read was only in a "BB Stock Forum", well clearly I wouldn't go in there and tell them to chill. I don't have death wish. But the posts are all over the forum and front page comments. I posted in the "General BlackBerry Discussion" forum as I didn't want to attack any one group of people specifically. Yes, I mentioned the folks who bought stock, but the gist of my original post was to BB at large and how "I" feel the vibe of what was/is BB has taken a detour.

Trust me, I've made bone head moves in my time. I convinced my whole family and several friends to purchase the BB Storm, some still haven't forgiven my choice on that one! But I didn't get on Crackberry and bash BB for putting out that phone. I sucked it up, loaded every theme I could find and even made a few of my own and waited for the "next big thing" to come along. And YES, I do realize that buying a BB Storm is no where near the equivalent of purchasing stock, but I hope you get the gist. Verizon didn't make me buy that phone, yes they sold me a crappy piece of equipment knowing how horrible it was, smiling and nodding all the way to the bank, but ultimately I threw down my hard earned money on that thing.

The more vocal stockberrians, were , to be frank, nuts.....and none too rational. Yet you're forcing me to defend them, since you portray them as belly-achers. These nuts actually, defended BB zealously....to absurd lengths for an absurd length of time, most of the extreme ones only VERY recently have changed their tune...now that the latest results have slapped them in the face. Heck, some of them STILL are in denial - a denial absolutely worthy of being classified as a psychotic break from reality! If it's positivity you praise, I don't think you have any case in claiming these people have not been that.....they have been....unrealistically so!
    See paragraph above about my love affair with the Storm... I put the original "fan boys" to shame on my quest to have everyone love that phone... I still have it and my Pearl and my beautiful pink curve that look so old next to my Z10, but I love them for what they were, lessons learned from mistakes.

especially at a forum for a failed company, where over half the workforce are getting fired, most investors are going to lose money, and many are in jeopardy of losing their favorite phone company, and their favorite phone products. It's not a very positive situation!! However, I think their posts complaining about the company are more relevant, and more rich in content than a guy who posts complaining about complaining.
    Again, I'm not a guy, not sure why everyone assumes I am... maybe it's my rat Harold on my picture, who knows, (he's not real, I am absolutely terrified of mice/rats and fully support Decon and any other company in the elimination of the species!!)

As for failed companies, job loss and complaining. I worked for the government for 25 years (civilian and contractor). so I know disappointment and job loss. If I never hear the word "sequestration" again in my life time it would be too soon. I was sent home after 25 years, BIG disappointment, but I picked myself back up and found a job in a completely different line of work and know that everything happens for reason, which has nothing to do with this post, but I wanted to put that in there, because I believe it to be true.

Thank you for not calling me "stupid" or an "*****", and especially for not cussing like a sailor to get your point across, as others are so quick to do these days. (BTW, I'm not a prude, I cuss just like everyone else, and I just don't understand why, unless you are being mauled by something or cut off a limb right at the exact same time as posting comments, people feel the need to use really good cuss words the wrong way). Thanks again for a rational conversation.
    09-28-13 12:46 PM
    An excellent follow up post

Here's the thing people: BlackBerry isn't dead, they're going private. Yes, it sucks for the share holders who bought in at much higher prices (unless you figure if the stock goes lower you'd lose more money). But for the company, it could mean great news.

BlackBerry 10 is solid. Sure, it has some shortcomings. But the biggest problem BlackBerry has to overcome is negative consumer mentality. Going private could really, really help that. BlackBerry could get some re-branding, some solid advertising, and arise from the ashes like a Phoenix.

Layoffs will be necessary; change can be painful. But BlackBerry has a solid product that will sell if people can be shown why they should buy it.
    middbrew, Lendo, lherch and 1 others like this.
    09-28-13 01:07 PM
    Now the guy with the gun to my head can back away.

Just kidding, Nice post OP. We still have a ways to go before we have to go to another platform, if we ever do.
    lherch likes this.
    09-29-13 07:14 PM
    Screw you man! Seriously

Posted via CB10
    sorry bud, you're not my type. But thanks for the offer.
    wxmancanada and Undbiter65 like this.
    09-29-13 07:16 PM
    Nice Post OP... people love to complain lately
    10-04-13 02:43 PM
    Nice post OP

I for one bought stock and did lose some money. This has not changed my feelings towards BlackBerry though.

While I understand some mistakes were made I don't think for one second that a change in marketing would have made me rich. Let's be honest and understand that this is a very complex business that has a million moving parts and not one can change the overall outcome. The turn around was never going to be quick and people who thought that truly didn't see where BlackBerry was/is.

I love BlackBerry 10 and I bought it before I did my stock, I was so impressed that it is why I in part bought it. While I did think they could have sold more phones I didn't realize how how tough the market is today.. see HTC for example.

It's easy to point out what BlackBerry has done wrong, anything from poor PR, marketing, lack of big name apps to name a few. I don't think it is simply done over night for all these things to change. You have to remember most consumers wrote BlackBerry off a long time ago and most don't come back just because the BB10 was just released.

I wish people would see the bigger picture better than this but that is asking a lot

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:51 PM
    Nice post OP. I agree there is way too much negativity on most of these forums. As an investor, I will lose some money. Not too worried about that. More concerned about the future of the company so we can all enjoy more great products for years to come. Thank you for your refreshing response.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:59 PM
    Just a question.....

BB management made terrible decisions, broke promises, tried their best to hide the real situation, and drove the company right into the ground. In a Blackberry stock forum, you're GOING To have upset people! I think it's you who have to accept that and live with it(unless CB opts to start censoring that emotion.

They praised BB and believed in it ALL THE WAY down the hill.....past level ground, into the canyon, down the mining shaft, past the end of the light, while they felt the heat of dante's inferno burning their feet, and NOW, finally when they look around at hell, and say "hey....what the (where we are)?!!" you wish to deny them speaking candidly about it?

I think a lot of people....the positivity not reality crowd, are hurting right now and I understand that! But when that's your philosophy, you probably shouldn't be surprised others aren't doing that, especially at a forum for a failed company, where over half the workforce are getting fired, most investors are going to lose money, and many are in jeopardy of losing their favorite phone company, and their favorite phone products. It's not a very positive situation!! However, I think their posts complaining about the company are more relevant, and more rich in content than a guy who posts complaining about complaining. =
    Thanks for standing up for us belly aching stockberrians

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    10-04-13 07:12 PM