Up until a month ago, I had the passport for about 6 months. I enjoyed the passport. But when the classic came out I couldn't resist. After the launch date in Canada for the Leap, I ended up impulse buying it. I ordered it yesterday! Hopefully it'll be in next week or so. Anyone going from the passport/classic to the leap?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:42 AM
    Up until a month ago, I had the passport for about 6 months. I enjoyed the passport. But when the classic came out I couldn't resist. After the launch date in Canada for the Leap, I ended up impulse buying it. I ordered it yesterday! Hopefully it'll be in next week or so. Anyone going from the passport/classic to the leap?

Posted via CB10
    That's a surprising move. Then again you'll have all the latest BB10 phones to choose from on any given day.

I currently have a PKB and VKB device active, and I do toggle between the two depending on what I'm doing.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-09-15 12:08 PM
    I dodnt see the point of the leap...the Z30 is a better device(IMO) and right now it's 50 bucks cheaper off contract...but each to his own...one thing for sure going from the passport to the leap is definetaly...well....a leap!!!! Enjoy your device

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 02:08 PM
    Awesome. Enjoy!

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-09-15 02:12 PM
    Down grading much?

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    05-09-15 02:16 PM
    Went from Q10 to Z30 to Classic. I'd take Classic over Z30 since I'm on ATT with LTE and Z30 doesn't have the right bands in Florida. I'm getting Leap but I still prefer PKB over VKB.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 02:19 PM
    Down grading much?

Eat your heart out bro, looks like OP will own them all simultaneously!

If I were rolling in money I'd do the same. Plus a few droids. Lol.

05-09-15 02:24 PM
    Congrats Op. Hope you enjoy it.
    lovedaazn likes this.
    05-09-15 02:26 PM

Already ate my heart long time ago!

05-09-15 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    You, sir or ma'am, are one dedicated BlackBerry supporter!
    lovedaazn likes this.
    05-09-15 03:29 PM
    Down grading much?

On paper I am lol. But at my telus store I played with our demo and I love the build quality of it. Web browsing is fine, but running android apps is what worries man.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-09-15 03:37 PM

I definitely don't know which one I'll be using mostly, but I like them all!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 03:38 PM
    PKB for right hand, VKB for left: done!
    lovedaazn likes this.
    05-09-15 04:06 PM
    On paper I am lol. But at my telus store I played with our demo and I love the build quality of it. Web browsing is fine, but running android apps is what worries man.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't used the Leap but I've had the Z30 before. Some android apps works fine and other are pretty laggy or just don't work. But I was running 10.3.1 back then.

05-09-15 04:45 PM
    How's the camera quality. Seems like a blurry downgrade. But I wouldn't know. Good luck.
    05-09-15 06:43 PM
    How's the camera quality. Seems like a blurry downgrade. But I wouldn't know. Good luck.
    The camera is definitely a downgrade from the passport. Honestly I don't ever take pictures or videos though, so it'll do fine for whatever I need it for.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:52 PM
    The camera is definitely a downgrade from the passport. Honestly I don't ever take pictures or videos though, so it'll do fine for whatever I need it for.

Posted via CB10
    As good as a phone's camera may be spec wise, it's still a very cheap lens with a very cheap sensor, capable of taking a passable image in ideal lighting conditions. I always get a chuckle when people extol the superiority of one phone's camera specs over another. This is hardly a differentiator.

What does matter is how quickly a (crappy) phone camera can grab accurate focus and shoot. This is something I have noticed BlackBerry's cameras have very poor performance with.

KingOfQwerty and jcbrunson like this.
    05-09-15 07:04 PM
    As good as a phone's camera may be spec wise, it's still a very cheap lens with a very cheap sensor, capable of taking a passable image in ideal lighting conditions. I always get a chuckle when people extol the superiority of one phone's camera specs over another. This is hardly a differentiator.

What does matter is how quickly a (crappy) phone camera can grab accurate focus and shoot. This is something I have noticed BlackBerry's cameras have very poor performance with.

I agree. My classic does not focus and snap as fast as an iphone. I'm not too sure what the leap is like as I am still waiting for it to come from Digital River.

But it has auto focus, so it can't be any worse than the classic I hope

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 07:17 PM
    I agree. My classic does not focus and snap as fast as an iphone. I'm not too sure what the leap is like as I am still waiting for it to come from Digital River.

But it has auto focus, so it can't be any worse than the classic I hope

Posted via CB10
    Would love to hear if this has been resolved with the Leap. This is assuming it's hardware and not software that is the issue.

05-09-15 07:23 PM
    So you're good to go. Keep supporting blackberry so hopefully they make a all touch equal to the passport specs
    lovedaazn likes this.
    05-09-15 08:45 PM
    Would love to hear if this has been resolved with the Leap. This is assuming it's hardware and not software that is the issue.

Honestly I don't know, I think it may be a bit of both?! Hopefully they did fix it, and if not maybe they will in the next update

Posted via CB10
    carullo likes this.
    05-09-15 09:26 PM
    In my Telus store, the Leap has been included on the main display of working demo phones and the Passport taken off. Is that the same across Canada ?
    05-09-15 10:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    You sound like you fully knew what you were getting into when you bought it, so if you're enjoying it, that's all that matters.

Cheers

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    05-10-15 04:29 AM
    In my Telus store, the Leap has been included on the main display of working demo phones and the Passport taken off. Is that the same across Canada ?
    I would assume so. Mine is the same as well. Though we still carry the passport, we don't have a working demo

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-10-15 03:23 PM

I think it's a combination. iPhone uses proprietary hardware (and software) that helps it stand out as a quick point and click, iirc... I use iPhone and BlackBerry and yeah the slow auto-focus on BlackBerry can be frustrating with 'subjects' that don't stand still, lol.

I remember they posted a job description recently looking for someone with experience in that field so it's on their radar. I think BlackBerry has never made it a priority for their hardware but that looks to be changing (for the better, and none too soon!)
    05-10-15 07:41 PM
56 123