When you have BBM6 installed and launch for the first time a BBM6 SDK enabled App (like FileScout, FourSquare, GPSLogger II or others) then this 3'rd Party app needs to register itself with BBM...

Doing this for the first time on your device, you will realize, that additional software will be downloaded/installed and require a REBOOT (this is something you should for sure have realized ?!).

This Software does not come from the 3'rd party app developer - it's coming directly from RIM. And after this REBOOT you have this "BlackBerry ID" in the Device Options (3'rd party Applications section in OS 6).

So at the bottom line - as soon as you have BBM6 installed and a 3'rd party App register with BBM SDK, in this moment this additional Software will be installed and you have the BlackBerry ID options -> too bad that the AppWorldApp does not care about the existence of this addon...
    07-22-11 08:25 AM
    BlackBerry� ID is your single, master key to BlackBerry� products, sites, services and applications, offering you:

* Simplified access
    * Privacy and security controls
    * A personalized and customizable experience
    07-22-11 09:57 AM
    you have to wait for 48 hours before you can login post purchase .

...otherwise call up the dealership and ask them
    07-22-11 10:08 AM
    I too noticed this earlier this week, right after I updated blackberry app world. It prompted me to update my id information.

Bold 9780 os6
    07-22-11 01:21 PM
    I too noticed this earlier this week, right after I updated blackberry app world. It prompted me to update my id information.

Bold 9780 os6
    07-22-11 01:22 PM

Bold 9780 os6
    07-22-11 01:24 PM
    Me too got this option on my 9520,
    but whenever try to enter the option it says "Unable to update Blackberry ID while offline".
    anybody got any solution ?
    02-17-13 01:24 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD