I rarely watch TV shows, I have zero interest in almost everything I look at but I finally came across something that has captured my attention: House Of Cards.

Being a relatively new show, you know, during this era where all the mainstream tech news and spiteful little fanboys are aching for the death of BlackBerry, it seems a majority of the characters in it are all carrying 'Berrys. In fact, the main character even uses the default "Spirit" ringtone.

The only other thing I've seen so far is one rather young girl who is a reporter pull out an iPhone.

Anyway, just a cool little tidbit I thought I'd share
    08-24-13 07:45 AM
    I rarely watch TV shows, I have zero interest in almost everything I look at but I finally came across something that has captured my attention: House Of Cards.

Being a relatively new show, you know, during this era where all the mainstream tech news and spiteful little fanboys are aching for the death of BlackBerry, it seems a majority of the characters in it are all carrying 'Berrys. In fact, the main character even uses the default "Spirit" ringtone.

The only other thing I've seen so far is one rather young girl who is a reporter pull out an iPhone.

Anyway, just a cool little tidbit I thought I'd share
    There have been five BB 10 devices that I've seen in the wild. Here is one.
    Edit....sorry it posted sideways. Running around and didn't take care....sorry. You get the idea.
    Just a little BlackBerry sighting on House of Cards-photo.jpg
    08-24-13 08:02 AM
    Yay

By the by,
    There's even a Porsche design OS7 BB in a few episodes of this show too.
    08-24-13 08:15 AM
    Having recently bought the first season on dvd, I've noticed many BBs on the show as well.
    08-24-13 08:21 AM
    Such a great show and Kevin Spacey(hope I spelled that right) makes the Blackberry seem cool. Great product placement
    08-24-13 08:33 AM
    Such a great show and Kevin Spacey(hope I spelled that right) makes the Blackberry seem cool. Great product placement
    Product placement, but also accurate story telling. Like which government employee doesn't use a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:47 AM
    There have been five BB 10 devices that I've seen in the wild. Here is one.
    Edit....sorry it posted sideways. Running around and didn't take care....sorry. You get the idea.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	1054 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	195397
    I am the only person I have ever seen with a BB10 in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:16 AM
    Are they only in season 1? Because Netflix owned the rights after that and we know how much Netflix loves BB.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:18 AM
    Are they only in season 1? Because Netflix owned the rights after that and we know how much Netflix loves BB.

Posted via CB10
    They don't "dislike" BB any more than they dislike iOS or Android.
    08-24-13 09:21 AM
    Some of the characters including Frank Underwoods wife and her lover use iPhones while Frank, Douglas Stamper, Peter Russo (who has the Porcshe BB) use BlackBerry.

Freaks me out when I watch the show as I have Spirit as my ring tone and my text / email sound is the same as Underwood.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    08-24-13 09:27 AM
    It's like spotting a gas station with cheap gas....rare.
    08-24-13 09:39 AM
    I happened to watch 'Olympus has Fallen' last night and spotted quite a few BB's also! Mind you it is set around the secret service & the white house... but still, cool to see them in movies!
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Gerard Butler is also a BB user, n'est pas? Maybe I'm thinking that because he was spotted with Bradley Cooper at wimbleton, who happened to have his Z10 in hand!!
    08-24-13 10:05 AM
    Some of the characters including Frank Underwoods wife and her lover use iPhones while Frank, Douglas Stamper, Peter Russo (who has the Porcshe BB) use BlackBerry.

Freaks me out when I watch the show as I have Spirit as my ring tone and my text / email sound is the same as Underwood.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Same here actually. I might've looked at my phone to peep the notification light once or twice.
    08-24-13 10:22 AM
    If you watch The Newsroom, (its Awesome by the way) it shows an older BB in the opening images but that is because they are currently set in 2011 and working up the years
    08-24-13 10:29 AM
    Does anyone know what the sms/text alert is? I can't figure it out.

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    10-23-13 10:43 PM
    Those American TV shows are like toxic waste.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    10-23-13 10:44 PM
    Does anyone know what the sms/text alert is? I can't figure it out.

Bump this question

11-09-13 01:58 AM
    If you watch The Newsroom, (its Awesome by the way) it shows an older BB in the opening images but that is because they are currently set in 2011 and working up the years
    White Collar is another show that heavily features Blackberries, including the slick Z10 that is modeled by protagonist Neil Caffery
    02-02-14 08:31 PM