So I sent a few texts and i have never gotten the following messages until now. I send two texts to the same person and within 30 minutes of each other I get messages from that person saying, "Message to (number) deleted" Does that mean that the person I sent the texts too deleted them? Or what?
    10-21-08 04:32 AM
    Could be the message recipient sent the deletion messages back manually. I've never known SMS create auto messages like this on a phone.

OTOH it could have been generated by the network after a failed delivery timeout.
    10-21-08 05:08 AM
    Cannot say that I have ever seen this happen before!
    10-21-08 05:10 AM
    Same, never encounterd that before either. Call and ask if they got the messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 05:24 AM
    I used to have this happen to me sending texts to a VZW customer with a full SMS inbox.

10-21-08 05:33 AM
    This may also happen if they have texting turned off. I vaguely remember getting a message similar to that when my friend's parents turned off her texting.

10-21-08 07:30 AM
    I think it is due to recipient having SMS off.

10-21-08 09:37 AM
    Before you got the "message to ### deleted" message, did the sent message show up in your outbox? If so, did it have the little check mark? did it have the little "D" above the check mark? did it have a huge red "X"? was it showing the clock icon to indicate it was in the process of sending and it timed out?
    10-21-08 09:45 AM
    just call them and check.... Sounds odd
    10-21-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD