01-25-13 09:39 AM
47 12
tools
    If this set up is much like last years bbm ugly sweater contest - they dm you for your email address then in the email it'll ask for ur guests name and email address then go over the details of where and when. You have to print something out and fax it. Like a singing waiver or something... every winner gets a BB device (their guests do not) there was Open Bar & free appitizers and a dj. and you have to stay for the whole event they give the winners the phone at the end. You'll get a special wrist band

*Assuming this event is like last years*
    Sounds like a good time!!!! Can't wait.
    01-21-13 10:31 PM
    The phone is also carrier specific to the sponsor... Last year it was an AT&T Bold 9900 because AT&T sponsored the event

So if its carrier specific again for this contest and they will inform you in the emails there is no switching or requesting for ur carrier...

I had tmo (with at&t now) had to unlock the phone to use it
    01-21-13 10:32 PM
    The phone is also carrier specific to the sponsor... Last year it was an AT&T Bold 9900 because AT&T sonsored the event

So if its carrier specific again for this contest and they will inform you in the emails there is no switching or requesting for ur carrier...

Booooooooooo to all of that! Did you win the TO contest or NYC ???
    01-21-13 10:34 PM
    Anyone in the NY area who's going and don't have a guest, I'll pay you so I can go with you...
    01-21-13 10:39 PM
    Booooooooooo to all of that! Did you win the TO contest or NYC ???
    NYC
    01-21-13 10:39 PM
    Wish all the members of crackberry who entered best of luck also!
    Im not trying to get to excited yet tho...lol
    i dont fully understand,if we win this does it mean we win the heavenly prize of a BB Z10 or do we win the chance to attend the event for a chance to win the BB Z10?
    Don't worry. It's like the Playbook contest they had. You win. You just have to attend so they can physically give it to you.
    01-21-13 11:59 PM
    My real 2 questions are this:

1) Do you really think they would make this contest carrier specific? I think that may be a bad move for them if so. They want a diverse group of people to do their free advertising for them. Nothing worse than a pissed off contestant who won a phone that couldn't be used with their carrier lol.

2) Does anyone have an in to the launch day event?
    01-22-13 12:04 AM
    The phone is also carrier specific to the sponsor... Last year it was an AT&T Bold 9900 because AT&T sponsored the event

So does that mean, I'm SOL for having Sprint for instance? I guess I could always sell the phone/do a trade with a forum member. I just hope they don't go this route. They need all the press that they can get.
    I have this nagging hunch that this large scale event won't be carrier specific because this is the first time they've had such a massive global presentation. I have the feeling that this will be a launch well it will be made available for all, as to cut off any negative press before it starts. It would only be smart. Especially since there's so many different carriers globally. *crosses fingers*
    01-22-13 12:12 AM
    Agreed. The diversity of countries should ensure it's not carrier specific.
    01-22-13 05:12 AM
    It would be fantastic if this event wasn't carrier specific like last yr but the same thing was said last yr and AT&T sponsored the event... I would imagine the carriers that would sponsor would either be verizon or at&t

We shall see
    01-22-13 08:14 AM
    im pissed!!! in the rules it said u must be age of majority(18 in NY right?) to attend the event and ur guests must be 21+ now i got the email and it says u and ur guests have to be 21!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 09:38 AM
    Just got my email. Not a single carrier mention! YES!!!!!!!!
    SirJes likes this.
    01-22-13 09:51 AM
    I emailed them to clarify this because im really mad and sad right now that their saying 21! im going to be 20 on febuary12th! Am i the only one that found the rules written wrong!
    01-22-13 10:02 AM
    I emailed them to clarify this because im really mad and sad right now that their saying 21! im going to be 20 on febuary12th! Am i the only one that found the rules written wrong!
    STOP BLOWING A GASKET! LOL You haven't even got a reply to say, "Screw you Jes, we won't work with you." Save the anger for then. In the meantime.....OMG WE WON!
    SirJes likes this.
    01-22-13 10:41 AM
    Man i wish it was that easy,but their really not seeing the mistake made
    01-22-13 10:59 AM
    They had this issue with some loophole with the Playbooks last year, and so they had to mail the playbooks to all who didn't attend. This makes me a bit sad, but I will keep it positive, because it's not over yet.
    01-22-13 11:04 AM
    has anyone heard anything on which carrier the device will be under?? i sent an email asking with no reply yet
    01-22-13 12:38 PM
    I GOT THE SAME MSG FROM @Blackberry!!! How did you send them your email? I tried just tweeting @blackberry because I couldn't DM them since they're not following me. I Really hope this is good news. Any help would be great!
    01-24-13 02:35 PM
    I GOT THE SAME MSG FROM @Blackberry!!! How did you send them your email? I tried just tweeting @blackberry because I couldn't DM them since they're not following me. I Really hope this is good news. Any help would be great!
    They will follow you on Twitter soon probably. I won a limited edition 9900 "Proudly Canadian" hardshell case with the maple leaf on the back, and they followed me, then sent me a direct message and I replied with my email and I had to sign a waiver basically saying that I don't work for RIM and won't sell the case haha. Then you scan it and reply to the email, and you get a confirmation message.

I hope everyone that won THIS contest has a great time. If NYC were anywhere near California, I would have tried to win
    01-24-13 04:38 PM
    Thanks! Yeah, they sent me an email! wooT! NYC here I come!!! Thanks @SK122387
    01-25-13 07:44 AM
    If this reply was to me,i was referring to this line in the rules,
    If the eligible entrant resides in Canada, before being declared a Winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered by Sponsor at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time.

I want to know,so ill know to brush up on my math skills lol
    From my understanding we have some very strict 'raffle' laws here in Canada. The reason there is a question is because companies have to apply for a license for every raffle and show the exact number of tickets that are sold... this is almost impossible in big cases like these companies. So what happens is that the companies do the raffle and when there is a 'winner' all that means is that that person is given a question to answer, and if they answer it correctly THAT is what makes them win. The contests/raffles/whatevers are 'for the chance to answer the question' and they can do that without a raffle.

This is how someone explained it to me... it could be 100% wrong lol
    01-25-13 09:35 AM
    im pissed!!! in the rules it said u must be age of majority(18 in NY right?) to attend the event and ur guests must be 21+ now i got the email and it says u and ur guests have to be 21!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Always find a copy of contest rules, with the date, and save them as a PDF and then email them to yourself BEFORE entering the contest. If the company changes the rules you can say that when you entered the contest THESE were the rules and that they have to honor them because they did not notify you of the changes before contacting you as a winner. Some sleazy companies have been known to allow entrants for a short period and then change some rules... one of the original contestants 'wins' but is now not able to claim the prize, and rather than choose another contestant they just dont. No one knows the difference.
    01-25-13 09:39 AM
47 12