CrackBerry.
    Immediately upon opening it, I upgraded to OS6.
    To my surprise, BlackBerry is simple and quick, not covered in menus like I thought.
    I literally cannot stop BBM'ing and just texting in general.
    It just makes every communication fun.
    Even the media player is decent.
    I'm on it at least once an hour, the keyboard is amazing.
    I'm always looking at the LED.
    What was your initial BlackBerry experience like?
    12-26-10 02:18 AM
    First of all, welcome to BlackBerry anonymous. Secondly, I'm glad you're enjoying the wonder that is the BlackBerry. After two years, I still can't look away from the LED indicator for more than 5 minutes.

BTW, which BB did you get?
    12-26-10 02:47 AM
    Welcome to the darkside #teamblackberry is the only place to be. All the cool kids play here!

My first experience of a BlackBerry was an old model... my Uncle gave it to me, and I've loved em ever since.. my next upgrade will be to a torch!!!!
    12-26-10 04:34 AM
    Hey lol.. Yepp bb's are awesome! You always have something new to do and you never get sick of the phone. I had a blackberry before my Nokia E72 but then I bought another because the email and bbm is so cool. Its a simple phone but has great features oh and congrats for the new handheld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 05:44 AM
    Lol @ JayMcr! I'm on my 4th device so I definitely think I'm cool ;-) Welcome to OUR world! Many, many, many of us have e been "Berryamazed" with what our devices can do! Whomever gave you this precious gift (lmao) should be revered!

Have Fun

12-26-10 07:18 AM
    Welcome!

They are amazing devices for sure, least IMO..a lot of people love the iPhones or Androids, but IMO again, nothing beats the overall functionality of a Berry!

On my 4th from over the years and can't wait to see what comes out in 2011!

Good luck and enjoy!

12-26-10 07:26 AM
    Welcome!

Best things ever....(in not particular order)
    1. Blackberrys
    2. Crackberry.com
    3.Blackberry users

vailjo91 likes this.
    12-26-10 08:41 AM
    My 9330 sprintberry is my first and I am hooked.

12-26-10 10:01 AM
    I love BlackBerry! My first was the Pearl 8100, which compared now to my Torch seems extremely dated. I adore BBs. Unfortunately, all my in-laws are in town and every one of them is sporting the iPhone. All the cool kids have a BB.

12-26-10 01:11 PM
    Welcome!

Best things ever....(in not particular order)
    1. Blackberrys
    2. Crackberry.com
    3.Blackberry users

indeed

12-26-10 01:30 PM
    I got a Curve 9330.

Any recommended apps?
    And I'm glad that there are many BlackBerry addicts like me, I feel right at home.
    It seems, if you have a BlackBerry as of today, you are staying with BlackBerry.
    I'll soon leave for college and hopefully when I get a job I'll be able to get the Torch on my own plan.
    Or hopefully it will come to Sprint and my parents will still pay. :P
    12-26-10 01:59 PM
    Hey lol.. Yepp bb's are awesome! You always have something new to do and you never get sick of the phone.

So true. Have owned a couple blackberry phones for about three years now. LAST WEEK I got bored. Did some exploring and discovered broadcast messaging in bbm!!! Just in time too. Save me about 20 minutes of individually messaging everyone Merry Christmas!

Lol I almost can't wait to find the next new thing I've missed!

12-26-10 02:01 PM
    Also, what is the purpose of the PING!!! feature.
    12-26-10 02:05 PM
    Also, what is the purpose of the PING!!! feature.
    For some its useful if you know the person you are messaging is in say a noisy place. And you need them ASAP.... But for most (and by most I mean ex lady friends lol) its an annoying attention getter. "Helloooooo.... Look at me. Over here. You're ignoring me and it really hurts my feelings"

Ya! I just ranted. Thanks for listening lol

12-26-10 02:09 PM
    For some its useful if you know the person you are messaging is in say a noisy place. And you need them ASAP.... But for most (and by most I mean ex lady friends lol) its an annoying attention getter. "Helloooooo.... Look at me. Over here. You're ignoring me and it really hurts my feelings"

Ya! I just ranted. Thanks for listening lol

What does the phone do differently? Like what does PING!!! make it do?
    Does it vibrate instead?
    12-26-10 02:12 PM
    Depending on your profile settings, when someone "Pings" you, your phone will either make an audible alert or vibrate or both. The message you receive will simply be "Ping".

12-26-10 02:22 PM
    for some must have apps, berrybuzz (also known as bebuzz in app world) is a must. It allows you to customize the color of the led to a host of different colors for different things like one color for bbm, sms, mms, email, and even individual contacts. If you think looking at the led is addictive wait till you get berrybuzz, it makes it that much more fun.
    12-26-10 02:25 PM
    +1 for BerryBuzz

12-26-10 02:27 PM
    I just took the plunge into the smartphone world and blackberry myself just a few months ago. I got the Sprint 9330 and am very pleased with it. I have already decided that next oct. when I can upgrade again I am sticking with blackberry.

Two of my family members were eligible for upgrades and when I brought my new blackberry home they said, "I don't want a blackberry" two minutes after handling mine they were headed to the sprint store to get their own blackberry. and I have to other family members anxiously awaiting their upgrade date so they too can get blackberry's.

There are some excellent apps out there but without knowing your interests it is hard to recommend many.

Free apps

1. Poynt
    2. Sccope
    3. Bolt - although if you have OS6 you don't need this as the webkit browser in OS6 is as good or better than bolt.
    4. medical diary - keep all your medical info and insurance info
    5. Berry weather
    6. Flixster

Paid

1.Quicklaunch- after using this I consider it a must have.
    12-26-10 02:43 PM
    Also while the Blackberry desktop manager does an excellent job of backing up your phone I also use "Blackberry Swiss Army knife" to backup my third party apps. it is free and well worth having.

Just google BSAK and you will find it.
    12-26-10 02:48 PM
    CrackBerry.
    Immediately upon opening it, I upgraded to OS6.
    To my surprise, BlackBerry is simple and quick, not covered in menus like I thought.
    I literally cannot stop BBM'ing and just texting in general.
    It just makes every communication fun.
    Even the media player is decent.
    I'm on it at least once an hour, the keyboard is amazing.
    I'm always looking at the LED.
    What was your initial BlackBerry experience like?
    Welcome to the Blackberry World! My initial experience was very similar. I like having a physical keyboard and was pleased with how easily I learned to use my device. My Blackberry fits my me and my lifestyle. Freedom of choice is a good thing.
    12-26-10 03:29 PM
    Glad you like your new blackberry. Welcome to CB.

12-26-10 03:45 PM
    Any recommended apps?
    Many have come & gone from my BB. The few that remain constant are:
    Poynt - local search tool, one of the most used apps I have
    Our Groceries - list keeper
    Olive Tree Bible Reader - entire Bible Stays on device, no connection needed
    Weatherbug - everyone has their preference, this one works best for me
    eBay - nice reminders & convenient account summary
    Amazon - buy or check prices anywhere instantly
    Google Maps - sometimes, but not always better than BB maps
    Facebook - instant alerts

12-26-10 04:49 PM
    Welcome! My first BB experience was similar to yours...I was too excited and couldn't put it down! Come to think about it I'm like that now with my Torch...
    12-26-10 06:59 PM
    I also just got my first-ever Blackberry. I'm with Sprint and I have the Style. Right now it's sitting next to me getting a software update, and then I get to goof around with the apps. I haven't had it long yet, but it sure is a lot of fun, and the most functional phone I have had. Yay!
    12-26-10 08:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD