I can install and run everything. i see the little lock that is grayed out on my firewall. as i said though, i can run and install everything. should i do anyting about it?

Thanks
    10-15-09 12:20 PM
    i might try that program "jkcmdr" (spelling?) tonight and use the option to remove IT policy. think that will get rid of it?
    10-15-09 12:34 PM
    Are you on a corporate BES or did you buy the BB with the IT Policy already on it?

Yes if you use the Javaloader or equivalent tool and perform the resettofactory command it will remove the IT Policy.
    10-15-09 01:01 PM
    i got it from someone on ebay. strange though, he bought it through att, wanted his iphone back and was the original owner...why would it have an IT policy?

when i got it, i did a complete wipe with JL cmdr. why did that not take care of it i wonder?
    10-15-09 02:01 PM
    I am not sure. I would go to Blackberry.com and ownload the developers pack to get the javaloader app. It is command line based and is the basis of all of the other programs that were created with a user interface.
    I find it easier to use. All you do is drop the javaloader.exe file in a directory and then open a command prompt from that directory (right click on the folder that the javaloader.exe is in and choose Command Prompt Here).
    Then you would just issue the command "javaloader -u resettofactory" without hte quotes and it will remove the IT Policy.

Not real sure why AT&T would sell a device with an IT Policy already on it but it is possible that they missed something with a refurb.
    10-15-09 02:17 PM
    how could i tell if this was a refurb? it came the regualr box, not a white one..
    10-15-09 05:51 PM
    I used JL Commander and I did manage to get the IT policy off my bold, then after I restored it was back!!! Wth? Does this by chance have anything to do with the new BBM??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 07:52 PM
    The person you bought it from must have had it hooked up to a BES before selling it on ebay.

If you are backing up the device and then restoring it after wiping it clean, the restore is going to load the IT Policy back on the device. You will need to do an Advanced Backup and choose only items that you want to back up and not everything.
    Then wipe it again and reload only those select items.
    10-16-09 07:36 AM
    The person you bought it from must have had it hooked up to a BES before selling it on ebay.

If you are backing up the device and then restoring it after wiping it clean, the restore is going to load the IT Policy back on the device. You will need to do an Advanced Backup and choose only items that you want to back up and not everything.
    Then wipe it again and reload only those select items.
    i did that this morning. and it is still there...seems to be there after i install the new BBm 5.0
    10-16-09 07:37 AM
    well very strange, but i wiped, then installed the brand new os (5.0.238) it it was there! the IT policy was there. i was like wtf?

so after i used JLcmdr and "resett to factory" and it was gone, then i did not restore, i manually did everything except for my address book and calender. all is well. i have no idea where that came from but as of now, it is gone...
    10-16-09 10:24 AM
    ok, this is REALLLLLY messed up, all was well, NO IT policy till i plugged my BB in to my PC this morning to do a BACKUP and then after, BOOM, i had an ITPOLICY? WTF??

i just uninstalled EVERYTHING, and i reinstalled everything and now i am going through the steps to reinstall my OK, maybe just maybe i had something on my PC that was putting the IT policy on the phone???

anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    10-17-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD