After I make my daily venture to the stock market, I notice a bit of decline. Out of typical curiosity, I check BBRY to see what my gain loss would have been had I kept my shares. Being rather disgruntled with the whole market today, I figure its time to hit up the tech sites and see what's happening in the world of cell technology on to come across this ...

BlackBerry, Nokia to not launch 5-inch or above smartphones until end of 2013, say sources

Why is it that it seems we always enter the race and decide to have another beer at the pub while the gun is going off at the starting line? I can see BlackBerry being a serious contender in the market, IF, yes, IF we could ever seem to be in the mainstream with regards to hardware, apps or screen size/resolution. The launch in the states was a disaster, the carrier support (or lack there of) is hit or miss depending on the store or hour of the answering service that is being routed via Singapore and answered by "Bruce" or "Kevin". The article states the devices that are providing "X" feature, but they make damn sure to use bold highlights to drive home who ISN'T providing the same feature! C'mon guys! I want to see BlackBerry be the leader instead of a laughing stock or one whom fails to innovate and keep up. I completely understand the need to cater to the business industry, but I would love to be sporting a device that my buddy with the S4 or the I5s would be saying "Dude!! You lucky ******* ...You're sporting the new A10!?!" It will NEVER happen unless people in the states are informed that Blackberry is not only alive, but selling new devices with a new OS. Congrats on having the name on the Mercedes Indy car ... How about some commercials and advertising to inform the rest of the word of BlackBerry's existence! My unwavering support for BlackBerry is beginning to waver because it seems they just cant seem to get a break.
    07-29-13 02:55 PM
    My unwavering support for BlackBerry is beginning to waver because it seems they just cant seem to get a break.
    Are Apple or Samsung "catching a break"? I don't think they are, I think they are simply being aggressive and executing their business plan. Oh and I'm seeing in Europe ads for Nokia and Samsung on TV all the time, but nothing for BlackBerry. Samsung ads are the same ones showing in the US. It is up to BlackBerry to execute and advertise and they are not really doing either, so let's not blame their problems on poor luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:21 PM
    there will also be something. Just have to look for the positive somethings.
    07-29-13 03:25 PM
    Perception is reality. For example, as a first gen phone the Z10 is spades better at launch than the first iphone was when it made its debut. It's even better than the IP5 is now. However, since the Z10 is a Berry and therefore not touted by some black turtleneck-wearing guru it's automatically "not cool". The original iphone made up for its lack of features, problems, etc simply through the evangelism of the unwashed masses worshiping at Jobs's feet. I can't count how many times I laughed at friends who were complaining that their beloved iphone couldn't do things that even my old Motorola Razor could do back then. And situations like this occur still to this day. But that doesn't matter. Only the perception that people have (perpetuated by the sales hacks at some retailers unwilling to give any BB its fair due) of BBs being just "pieces of crap" pushed by an old stodgy corporation comprised of old white guys matters at this point. Change that perception and you'll see things turn around. But that will take some hard work and a lot of time.
    07-29-13 03:25 PM
    My unwavering support for BlackBerry is beginning to waver because it seems they just cant seem to get a break.
    You make it sound like bad luck is what's holding Blackberry back. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Blackberry was complacent and still are. They're too slow and just don't have the know-how to get things done.
    07-29-13 04:02 PM
    If you read that article it says that the A10 will be released 4th quarter. Now where does it say BB has canceled the A10. There is rumour that it may come end of Sept.
    07-29-13 04:02 PM