Ish - Rogers only receives 1000 a week from BlackBerry's distribution channels. That's in total... for all stores and/or platforms.
    Cool story bro. Tell it again.

Better yet, give your head a shake.
    wxmancanada and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-12-13 10:19 PM
    Buddy order a white Z10 online and has to wait 2-3 week wait. Demand in through the roof.
    BlackBerry� Z10 | Smartphones | Phones & devices | TELUS Mobility
    02-12-13 10:25 PM
    The Rogers stores by me are still sold out!

02-20-13 08:52 AM
    Note to everyone reporting on "still sold out": this is fairly meaningless unless you ask the store when was the last time they got in new stock, and how much they got.

If my local Rogers is "still sold out" in a month, does that mean sales are doing really really well? Or does it mean supply is non-existent, and they've had no new stock since launch day?

Please ask them and report real numbers, not just "sold out".
    02-20-13 09:00 AM
    All we really have are anecdotes. It would be nice to have real numbers or evidence of real demand, but I imagine all the stockbrokers would like those numbers too.

As for my anecdote, I was in Rogers yesterday (a mall, mid-morning on a Tuesday) and the guy ahead of me was getting a black Z10 (coming from an LG) and the guy behind me was also getting a Z10. I would have had the last non-reserved white Z10 that they had but they were out of secure (nfc-enabled) SIMs, so I'm going to go back when they get the new SIMs in. I did get the impression that they were getting regular shipments of phones though.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-20-13 09:14 AM
    They told me that they get new stock every weekday.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-20-13 10:25 AM
    I was @ Virgin mobile downtown Toronto. No problem picking one up. Both black and white available.
    02-20-13 08:25 PM
    not to damper anyone's spirit here but everyone I've gone, albeit been 2 stores they've had them in stock
    02-20-13 08:31 PM
    Took me a little while to find mine for Virgin Mobile, but it seemed like they received more stock every few days. Don't exactly see the desire to cling onto Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:44 PM
    What's that I smell? BS.
    Trust me. If you knew him you would know he's not bs'ing.

Not just a regular poster. He is a developer and has some insider stuff that I wouldn't doubt

Sent from my game boy color
    02-20-13 11:12 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    are most Rogers stores in Toronto still "sold out"? ... or are Z10's readily available and in stock now? want to pickup some for the family...
    02-21-13 03:51 AM
    you should not be worry if you plan on signing the 3-yr contract
    02-21-13 04:12 AM
    are most Rogers stores in Toronto still "sold out"? ... or are Z10's readily available and in stock now? want to pickup some for the family...
    Im not sure about Rogers, but I can tell you that Telus stores are still in short supply. The mom and pop micro shops only get a trickle of phones in, and when they do, they are gone quickly. Then I hit up a big corporate store in the mall, and they added me to a waiting list.
    02-21-13 08:30 AM
    Note to everyone reporting on "still sold out": this is fairly meaningless unless you ask the store when was the last time they got in new stock, and how much they got.

If my local Rogers is "still sold out" in a month, does that mean sales are doing really really well? Or does it mean supply is non-existent, and they've had no new stock since launch day?

Please ask them and report real numbers, not just "sold out".
    Funny you mention that. I went into the small Rogers store in Sherway Gardens. They too were "sold out" at the moment. They got two shipments each of about a dozen and tend to get in phones ones a week. Really really small store so I doubt they carry much inventory of anything.

In contrast, the BEST BUY across the street was getting several times that number when I spoke to them and was getting them in daily if needed.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-21-13 08:33 AM
    Trust me. If you knew him you would know he's not bs'ing.

Not just a regular poster. He is a developer and has some insider stuff that I wouldn't doubt
    I trust that wxmancanada has some insight we don't have, but what is the logical explanation for shipping only 1,000 a week to Rogers? Even if the phone isn't selling well, that number seems extremely low.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-21-13 08:47 AM
    Nah he's right. Go and ask at any carrier store. They're only getting shipments of 10 - 20 phones at a time. BlackBerry has learned the game of keeping stock levels artificially low so the product is constantly sold out to try and build demand (if it's sold out it must be good).

As many people have pointed out, on launch day supply was apparently limited, with stores allocated 5-10 units per store for walk-ins and 20-30 units per store for pre-orders.
    02-21-13 09:05 AM
    Nah he's right. Go and ask at any carrier store. They're only getting shipments of 10 - 20 phones at a time. BlackBerry has learned the game of keeping stock levels artificially low so the product is constantly sold out to try and build demand (if it's sold out it must be good).
    Still wouldn't add up. Rogers has 450 retail stores in the country in addition to Rogers Plus, Fido and also sales through stores like Future Shop and Best Buy (which account for hundreds of stores on their own). Saying Rogers only gets 1000 a week from BlackBerry would mean that the stores only get a unit or two a week.

Also, not entirely convinced this is BlackBerry keeping supply "constrained". It could also be the channel being cautious initially and having low orders and doing a "wait and see".
    02-21-13 09:40 AM

As many people have pointed out, on launch day supply was apparently limited, with stores allocated 5-10 units per store for walk-ins and 20-30 units per store for pre-orders.
    If that's the case how did Rogers manager to have record BlackBerry activations? If they're only getting 1000 a week that wouldn't be possible.

Rogers sold more BlackBerry smartphones yesterday than any other day in Rogers history | CrackBerry.com
    02-21-13 10:20 AM
    If that's the case how did Rogers manager to have record BlackBerry activations? If they're only getting 1000 a week that wouldn't be possible.
    Well it just says they had a record number of BlackBerry activations. That raises the question, how many BlackBerrys were activated on other launch days?
    02-21-13 11:43 AM
    Rogers is the biggest Carrier in Canada so I can guarantee you that they activated a lot more than 1000.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:42 PM
    Well it just says they had a record number of BlackBerry activations. That raises the question, how many BlackBerrys were activated on other launch days?
    According to Wikipedia the BlackBerry Storm sold 1 million in first two months.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:50 PM
    According to Wikipedia the BlackBerry Storm sold 1 million in first two months.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry said the activations were "50% higher than the previous record holder". It'd be interesting to see sales figures for the first week for previous devices. Also that Storm number included the US. I wonder what portion of that 1 million figure was US sales. That would have to be taken out to make an accurate comparision.
    JTG81 likes this.
    02-21-13 01:42 PM
    Z10 in stock at Futureshop

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:55 PM
    Still wouldn't add up. Rogers has 450 retail stores in the country in addition to Rogers Plus, Fido and also sales through stores like Future Shop and Best Buy (which account for hundreds of stores on their own). Saying Rogers only gets 1000 a week from BlackBerry would mean that the stores only get a unit or two a week.

Also, not entirely convinced this is BlackBerry keeping supply "constrained". It could also be the channel being cautious initially and having low orders and doing a "wait and see".
    You're assuming that all stores get a constant supply of stock. If a store isn't moving their stock, it leaves more for other stores. I personally know of several Rogers locations that have sold very few or no Z10s. This excess stock in your calculations would then be allocated to other Rogers stores that are selling more.

Rogers sold more BlackBerry smartphones yesterday than any other day in Rogers history | CrackBerry.com
    He said they're getting 1000 per week now, not pre-launch. You'd have to assume that they had at least somewhat of a stockpile for launch.
    02-21-13 04:36 PM
    You're assuming that all stores get a constant supply of stock. If a store isn't moving their stock, it leaves more for other stores. I personally know of several Rogers locations that have sold very few or no Z10s. This excess stock in your calculations would then be allocated to other Rogers stores that are selling more.
    Here's the thing about retail: having sold products there for a chunk of my career, you have to stock up in order to sell your product. As a rule, the retailers always try to keep a few units from the day you go on sale to the day the product is discontinued and returned. The Z10 went on sale Feb 6th and it's now two weeks later. If the BlackBerry was only giving them 1000 per week, they would barely have been able to get to their minimum stock levels, let alone replentish if some sold.

Not trying to imply that Z10 is some killer seller. But a "BlackBerry is only giving them 1000 per week for the whole country" sounds completely like its pulled out of his **** and has no substantiated proof other than "I know people".
    02-21-13 05:21 PM
52 123