If there is going to be any! Im on dilema.. I had 8900 and i broke the trackball, so went to 9700 and wet it to death. Now should i wait for bold touch or get 9780? I am afraid that bold touch is going to feel supersized in comparison with my previous bbs. I am not even sure bold touch is going to come out and i am on a carrier that sells its blackberries for over 500 euros.
    Any suggestions will help as they will help me through my decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 07:05 AM
    What will you use while waiting until Bold Touch comes out?

02-13-11 08:53 AM
    Go for whats best now. Waiting will take ages...
    02-13-11 09:25 AM
    The best now is 9780 but so similar with 9700 and too expensive. Why pay 500 euro now if bold touch will comeout soon. Now i m using a crappy one and i have to make a decision to either spent and get 9780 or wait for an unknown period of time to get the new bold.

02-13-11 09:59 AM
    Well if you really can wait, and cash is a concern. Then wait.

However, if you would like to enjoy the beauty of the 9780. You will not be disappointed. It has amazing speed thanks to the 512 MB of memory. A great 5 MP camera with Auto Focus, Amazing battery life, and good keyboard.

It can do anything I want right now (I never use flash mind you)

The choice is entirely yours.
    02-13-11 10:50 AM
    rofl yea enjoy ****ty 512 mb memory on the 9780 when the bold touch has 768 mb of memory and a 1.2 ghz processor

is it not clear that you should wait ?

Well if you really can wait, and cash is a concern. Then wait.

However, if you would like to enjoy the beauty of the 9780. You will not be disappointed. It has amazing speed thanks to the 512 MB of memory. A great 5 MP camera with Auto Focus, Amazing battery life, and good keyboard.

It can do anything I want right now (I never use flash mind you)

The choice is entirely yours.
    02-13-11 11:24 AM
    IMO, your best bet is to wait for the next gen devices. There really is little advantage to obtaining a 9780 to replace your 9700.
    02-13-11 11:28 AM
    My suggestion would be to buy a used device until the next generation models are available. Tips On Buying A Used BlackBerry Smartphone
    02-13-11 12:23 PM
    My suggestion would be to buy a used device until the next generation models are available. Tips On Buying A Used BlackBerry Smartphone
    I would second this suggestion, especially if you really like the 9700. But I don't recommend sleeping with it if you're a bed-wetter...seriously, I really never heard of wetting a phone to death, unless you dropped it in the..??
    02-13-11 01:21 PM
    I would second this suggestion, especially if you really like the 9700. But I don't recommend sleeping with it if you're a bed-wetter...seriously, I really never heard of wetting a phone to death, unless you dropped it in the..??
    Actually i did drop it! I wouldnt recomment texting at 5 am drunk while aiming the sh!t. Cant get a used one cause i live in a small country. Thanks for your posts people i think i will wait although its not clear yet if there is going to be a bold touch any time soon. What i will hate is waiting for it and then hate the oversize feeling of it but i m going to wait. Cheers

02-13-11 02:34 PM
    Actually i did drop it! I wouldnt recomment texting at 5 am drunk while aiming the sh!t. Cant get a used one cause i live in a small country. Thanks for your posts people i think i will wait although its not clear yet if there is going to be a bold touch any time soon. What i will hate is waiting for it and then hate the oversize feeling of it but i m going to wait. Cheers

My oldest kid did that, while drunk. I forget what phone he had, but he fished it out and put it away to dry out. A week later it was working. Yuck.

I think I read somewhere in these forums that CB.com could be considered a small country....lol.
    02-13-11 03:15 PM
    rofl yea enjoy ****ty 512 mb memory on the 9780 when the bold touch has 768 mb of memory and a 1.2 ghz processor

is it not clear that you should wait ?
    Since these new devices will be supposedly running OS 6.1, it will be just like the OS versions before it and the Apps+OS will share the same 768MB, so in that sense, it's still not much of an increase. BB OS eats away at the memory over time which is due to the legacy code they oh-so refuse to clean up.

To the OP, I'd say get a regular phone for now and wait it out if you can.
    02-13-11 03:27 PM
    Should you get the 9780 or wait for the Bold touch?
    Should you get the Bold Touch or wait for QNX?
    Should you get the Bold QNX or wait for ... ?

Depends on your money situation. Who knows when and on what carriers the Bold Touch will arrive. Don't worry about having the best; Worry about whether the 9780 will get you through the next two years. If it will (and why wouldn't it), I say get get it.

Text, call, photograph, browse, gps, that's about all any of them are going to do. We're not on the verge of anything mind-blowing.

02-14-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD