ok so i just bought the 8100 pearl from AT&T. The thing is, is that it looks like I am eligable for an upgradon the 7th!! I had no idea, i didnt even think to check before i bought the pearl. Now I am wondering how cheap the curves and other blackberrys might be when I can upgrade, or if I might be able to get one for free? Im not sure, I LOVE the pearl, I dont have a data plan (due to the expensivenss) and am wondering if it would be worth it to get a curve if I could. I am not going to drop more hundres since I just bought a new phone, but if I can get one for free.... then maybe?
    05-03-08 02:23 PM
    I just switched from the 8100 to the 8310, and loooove it.

If you can, with little or no out-of-pocket expense, then I say do it.
    05-03-08 02:26 PM
    You can get current prices on AT&T's website.
    05-03-08 02:27 PM
    i know that i can get the prices, but when i can upgrade on the 7th, it says i may be eligable for a discount! oh my if this is true i am going to be going crazy for the next few days... just waiting to see!! the thing is is since i dont have a data plan is there really that much need to upgrade? well i guess if i can i just might anyways.... oh man
    05-03-08 02:30 PM
    If you go to my thread about my Pearl DOAing - you'll see what situation I was in.

I honestly did not like the Curve keyboard better than the Pearl.

It's personal preference of course, but I love my Pearl and the Curve just didn't move me.
    05-03-08 05:27 PM
    Or you can save it for the 9XXX series.

I know you don't want to spend hundreds, but honestly, I like the Pearl as much as the Curve and wouldn't waste an upgrade on that.
    05-03-08 07:56 PM
    thanks for the advice everyone! makes sense... i think i will most likely just keep my pearl... unless something is for free... but i really have no idea what deals i will get. if i DO upgrade because it ends up being so cheap/free i will let you guys know!
    05-03-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD