Next time buy directly from BlackBerry. It's not BlackBerry's fault if you got a defective device that is second hand!

Posted via CB10
    I bought my Q and Classic direct from Blackberry. Both have double typing issues. Based on your logic, who do I blame.

People like you are the reason Blackberry is where it is. Hardware issues, not Blackberry's fault. Software issues, not Blackberry's fault. OS issues, not Blackberry's fault.

If they are never at fault, why on earth are they now on life support?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:32 PM

I will try an update.
    WHAT? LOL

Yeah, update that OS for sure.
    09-23-15 05:46 PM
    Will do if it will update without a carrier. I've read I'll have to do it manually. I install Linux from code part time though so I'm not too worried.

The reason I bought on eBay is because BlackBerry doesn't sell the Q10 anymore...at least not when I looked on the site.
    it might be issue with hardware, but please update the OS first.
    if link is unsuccessful - try download "leak" from leaked/beta zone (latest 10.3.1 version) and update with Sachesi (you'll find it there as well).

very simple and easy process.
    but in general - Link should be ok.
    09-23-15 05:46 PM
    Will do if it will update without a carrier. I've read I'll have to do it manually. I install Linux from code part time though so I'm not too worried.

The reason I bought on eBay is because BlackBerry doesn't sell the Q10 anymore...at least not when I looked on the site.
    If you have a PC just use BB link. It will show if there an update Sim or not.
    09-23-15 05:47 PM
    if not, i dont know what it's like where you are but PAYG sims are cheaper then peanuts in the Uk and i used to just get one and stick it in for updates.
    No credit needed
    09-23-15 05:49 PM
    I've trashed some posts in here, can lot try to remain civil without the name calling. Thanks.
    TripNFry likes this.
    09-23-15 05:50 PM
    If you have a PC just use BB link. It will show if there an update Sim or not.
    Posted a screen in OP. It does not show.
    09-23-15 05:53 PM
    I've trashed some posts in here, can lot try to remain civil without the name calling. Thanks.
    Sorry sir, I'll be more civil.
    09-23-15 05:53 PM
    Edit: Please actually read before saying I bought second hand. I got it on eBay but it's a brand new unopened unit.

Edit: I didn't buy direct from BlackBerry because they do not sell the Q10 anymore. See for yourselves.
    http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbr...me%20ascending

Edit: Can't update with Link without a carrier either. Screenshot below.

I'm so annoyed right now. Over a decade with Windows Mobile/Phone and after pissing me off for the last time I decided to swap to the only OS who's email app could rival it. I go with a Q10 because I love physical keyboards and the Classic was twice as much for the same specs. I'm really disappointed with the end result.

The OS is great. The phone feels great. I suck at using the keyboard but it's been years and requires getting used to. The problem is I'm not even gonna get that chance. It's a brand new, was unopened device but it's got a very critical defect. The "W" and "E" keys respond multiple times to the very slightest of touch. The "W" key is so bad you can literally blow on it and it will pop off w's until you stop. I can't type any sentences at all without even having to go back and delete characters. I've owned lots of phones with physical keyboards way back in the day and this has never happened to me before. This is the main thing BlackBerry is revered for. How can they fail at making a keyboard? I started to accept that these things happen and what not. I Googled it to see if there was a fix without replacing the keyboard just to find that this is a very common problem. Now I have to go through the terrible inconvenience of returning a phone through eBay and waiting over a week from when/if the seller responds to get my $130 refunded.

I wanted to love BlackBerry so much. I think their products that actually work are great and BB10 is a much needed option even though it's already likely to die. This just sucks bad though. Sorry for the rant.

Attachment 372720
    I certainly understand your frustration. It's YOUR money. You wanted a functioning product straight out of the box.

Hopefully some of the knowledgeable folks here can help you out with your predicament.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-15 06:15 PM
    I gotta ask ... if you don't have a carrier, what's the point in having a cell phone? Do you intend to use it as a micro-tablet?
    ultra07 likes this.
    09-23-15 06:51 PM
    Sorry to hear your trouble but for a better perspective I am on my 2nd Q10 with no problems with keyboard. Just sayin.

Posted via CB10
    Just to add another positive perspective, so it's not all doom and gloom, I've had my Q10 for two years and it works like a champ and I've never had any typing issues. These stories also exist, but people generally don't post messages when things work great.
    09-23-15 06:53 PM

I will try an update.
    Lmao....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 06:54 PM
    Holy crap 10.1?!
    You have gotten the oldest q10 that you could find. Didn't even know they were still some running that OS.

Is the phone carrier unlocked? You don't necessarily need a sim card to update. Phones sold by BlackBerry get updates immediately.

Download BlackBerry link, and attempt to upgrade through there. If you're not able to, you should try to reload your OS through BlackBerry link.
    If it's not carrier unlocked, you may need to update the OS manually. American carriers are very slow to issue updates. No this is not a BlackBerry problem, all phones except the iPhone have to follow this method.
    09-23-15 07:38 PM
    Holy crap 10.1?!
    You have gotten the oldest q10 that you could find. Didn't even know they were still some running that OS.

Is the phone carrier unlocked? You don't necessarily need a sim card to update. Phones sold by BlackBerry get updates immediately.

Download BlackBerry link, and attempt to upgrade through there. If you're not able to, you should try to reload your OS through BlackBerry link.
    If it's not carrier unlocked, you may need to update the OS manually. American carriers are very slow to issue updates. No this is not a BlackBerry problem, all phones except the iPhone have to follow this method.
    Haha yup, pretty old but I finally got it to detect the update and it's at 97% installing now. It's locked to AT&T but it was a no contract purchase that was just never opened for some reason. I requested an unlock and I'd imagine they will since it was a fully paid for phone. Doubt it will fix my problem though as it's not the double post issue. Mine is just two keys that are more sensitive than touch screens. I'm hopeful though.
    09-23-15 07:43 PM
    I gotta ask ... if you don't have a carrier, what's the point in having a cell phone? Do you intend to use it as a micro-tablet?
    I do have one. Just gotta get a micro sim adapter.
    09-23-15 07:44 PM
    OP, some perspective: 10.1.0 is probably the very first version of BB10, released almost 3 years ago.

I'm surprised you even need to go through Link. Right out-of-the-box, I've been able to update to the latest OS over wi-fi.

Edit: Just saw that you're locked to AT&T. Nevermind about wi-fi out-of-the-box. That's for factory unlocked.
    09-23-15 07:46 PM
    My wife's q10 had double typing for quite a while. I had purchased a keyboard based on other threads, but hadn't installed yet.

Surprisingly, I updated to 10.3.2.2639 and no more double typing.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 07:55 PM
    Haha yup, pretty old but I finally got it to detect the update and it's at 97% installing now. It's locked to AT&T but it was a no contract purchase that was just never opened for some reason. I requested an unlock and I'd imagine they will since it was a fully paid for phone. Doubt it will fix my problem though as it's not the double post issue. Mine is just two keys that are more sensitive than touch screens. I'm hopeful though.
    Att may not have released the latest version which resolves this issue.
    10.3.2.2639 is the correct version

If att hasn't updated to that version, consider looking through the forums on how to manually do the update. Sorry it has to be this way in the US.

This is considered double typing. If anything the latest version will alleviate the issue... though I'd be getting the device exchanged or repaired. At the price you paid I'm surprised it's 'new'
    09-23-15 08:00 PM
    Updated and still broken :/
    09-23-15 08:13 PM
    Updated and still broken :/
    Updated to what OS version?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:20 PM
    Updated to what OS version?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:24 PM
    Read my last post. ATT sucks and hasn't released the new version yet.
    09-23-15 08:37 PM
    Agree, only one that fixes it is OS 10.3.2.2639.(software release 10.3.2.2474)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:42 PM
    Ah okay. I will find out how and do it manually.
    09-23-15 09:03 PM
    Ah okay. I will find out how and do it manually.
    You can use and autoloader and update it to the latest software. BUT if you do update to 10.3.2.2639 you CANNOT revert to any OS below 10.3.2.680?? EVER! (the older OS's are blacklisted)

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1037358/
    09-23-15 09:22 PM
126 1234 ...