Edit: Please actually read before saying I bought second hand. I got it on eBay but it's a brand new unopened unit.

Edit: I didn't buy direct from BlackBerry because they do not sell the Q10 anymore. See for yourselves.
    http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbr...me%20ascending

Edit: Can't update with Link without a carrier either. Screenshot below.

Final Edit: I managed to update to a 10.2 build via Link yesterday. Obviously that wasn't good enough so I manually updated to the latest build. Still didn't fix it, and did nothing for the W key. It did help a little with the E key though. I'm not very interested in return shipping to an eBay seller and I can't find an original Q10 keyboard to repair it myself with. All the ones I can find got reviews claiming "orange accents and no back lit keys". I found a local cell phone repair shop with great reviews that say they will fix it for $25. I'll just do that to avoid hassle.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

I'm so annoyed right now. Over a decade with Windows Mobile/Phone and after pissing me off for the last time I decided to swap to the only OS who's email app could rival it. I go with a Q10 because I love physical keyboards and the Classic was twice as much for the same specs. I'm really disappointed with the end result.

The OS is great. The phone feels great. I suck at using the keyboard but it's been years and requires getting used to. The problem is I'm not even gonna get that chance. It's a brand new, was unopened device but it's got a very critical defect. The "W" and "E" keys respond multiple times to the very slightest of touch. The "W" key is so bad you can literally blow on it and it will pop off w's until you stop. I can't type any sentences at all without even having to go back and delete characters. I've owned lots of phones with physical keyboards way back in the day and this has never happened to me before. This is the main thing BlackBerry is revered for. How can they fail at making a keyboard? I started to accept that these things happen and what not. I Googled it to see if there was a fix without replacing the keyboard just to find that this is a very common problem. Now I have to go through the terrible inconvenience of returning a phone through eBay and waiting over a week from when/if the seller responds to get my $130 refunded.

I wanted to love BlackBerry so much. I think their products that actually work are great and BB10 is a much needed option even though it's already likely to die. This just sucks bad though. Sorry for the rant.

Just bought my first -and last- BlackBerry product unfortunately-bbisshit.png
    Last edited by KarateHottie93; 09-24-15 at 08:14 PM.
    tangozulu likes this.
    09-23-15 04:51 PM
    Every device will have bad eggs among them
    sounds like a defect. return it for another one and see how that works out for you?

Edit: just saw this was through ebay
    Maybe the seller has the warranty and can exchange the device for you

PITA i know :s
    09-23-15 04:54 PM
    Next time buy directly from BlackBerry. It's not BlackBerry's fault if you got a defective device that is second hand!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 04:59 PM
    Every device will have bad eggs among them
    sounds like a defect. return it for another one and see how that works out for you?

Edit: just saw this was through ebay
    Maybe the seller has the warranty and can exchange the device for you

PITA i know :s
    Lol I just want a Q5 now but I'm scared to buy any BB product with a PKB after reading about how common this problem is. I'm tempted to fix it myself with a Keyboard off Amazon just to avoid the hassle of return shipping. Hopefully it's one of those good sellers who just refunds defected products and lets it be...that's far from common though.

I really wanna use this OS as a daily driver...just so ******* bummed out :/
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-23-15 04:59 PM
    Next time buy directly from BlackBerry. It's not BlackBerry's fault if you got a defective device that is second hand!

Posted via CB10
    It was brand new!

Please tell me how it's not the fault of the company who made the thing that it has a manufacturing defect.
    Tatwi, outlooker and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-23-15 05:00 PM
    Have you updated to the latest os? It includes a fix for double typing. But your issue sounds more like a defective keyboard. That being said I would update the os before going through the return process.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:06 PM
    It was brand new!

Please tell me how it's not the fault of the company who made the thing that it has a manufacturing defect.
    What OS is it on?
    09-23-15 05:06 PM
    It was brand new!

What OS version is the device on?
    The latest update fixes all typing issues. (as far as most people have claimed)
    10.3.2.2639 Is the OS which resolves this. Instead of ranting you should ask.
    09-23-15 05:07 PM
    You bought second hand cause you cant afford New.... The Q10 is old and from eBay, Had you saved a few more you would be using a Passport and loving it.
    The Passport is by no means a feasible alternative for a Q10
    It's not the OP's fault that Blackberry have been **** poor at releasing devices
    09-23-15 05:08 PM

I will try an update.
    09-23-15 05:11 PM
    The Passport is by no means a feasible alternative for a Q10
    It's not the OP's fault that Blackberry have been **** poor at releasing devices
    Than the Classic. As far as poor devices, I like most have not had any issues that could not be fixed with an OS update.
    09-23-15 05:12 PM
    Than the Classic. As far as poor devices, I like most have not had any issues that could not be fixed with an OS update.
    Perhaps the classic. But the Q10 is seen as more powerful then the classic.
    If you want a top notch PBK handset in a convinient form factor, there's only the Q10 really

The Passport is a great device but that form factor only has limited appeal
    Even Blackberry recognised this.
    09-23-15 05:15 PM
    But yeah, it's not the model but probably a defective device, which every phone has an issue with

No QC is 100% effective
    09-23-15 05:16 PM
    See, same damned thing happened with my "brand new out of the box" Q10.

Double Typing: It's real and a hardware defect.

Posted via CB10
    KarateHottie93 likes this.
    09-23-15 05:16 PM
    Afraid not sugar, that update does not fix it for all devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:19 PM

I will try an update.
    Ancient.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-15 05:19 PM
    Ancient.

Yeah
    Cant be second hand for sure lol
    chopachain and TripNFry like this.
    09-23-15 05:21 PM
    It was brand new!

The manufacturing defect IS the fault of the company, which, had you bought it from the company, would be covered under warranty.

But... YOU bought it from a reseller which makes it infinitely more difficult to claim warranty. That is how this is not on BlackBerry.

And I'm not trying to be harsh, I learned the very same lesson which is why I refuse to buy a phone off eBay ever again. In my case, I ended up filing an item not as described claim as it had been advertised to be a new and fully functioning phone. Fully functioning it was not. I got my money back and an added bonus of several screaming in my ear phone calls from the seller.

But it wasn't BlackBerry's fault, it was mine. I could have spent more, got it from an official reseller and had the security of taking it back to a store, but no, I was being cheap. And it cost me. That's the chance you take.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:21 PM
    If it is as bad as he's describing it, it's not a standard double typing issue. What the OP is describing sounds more like a serious hardware problem. I'd return the device (if possible). Of course you can try a software update first but if it's that bad I guess it won't help.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:22 PM
    Keep the device and buy a new keyboard...the Q10 is very easy to disassemble.

Don't give up on BlackBerry that easy.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:23 PM
    Ancient.

Won't let me update without a carrier :/ I have no sim for this phone yet. I've gotta get a micro sim adapter tomorrow. Any way to update without a carrier? I says I have the latest software when I don't.

Not trying to knock BB again but the only OS that requires a carries for updates lol. Some Android manufactures do that but not the OS as whole.
    09-23-15 05:24 PM
    Won't let me update without a carrier :/ I have no sim for this phone yet.
    should be able to do it through Link

Of course you'd have to get Link to work
    09-23-15 05:25 PM
    It is new. It was never opened until I got it. I'm kinda glad your OS is having the plug pulled. So many rude people like yourself.
    Sorry but just like OS7 is still being used, BB!0 will continue on for more than the two year for me.
    You already had one thread closed just wondering where are you going with this one?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-fate-1039657/
    09-23-15 05:27 PM
    should be able to do it through Link

Of course you'd have to get Link to work
    Downloading now. I read that it won't work without a sim. I'll try.
    09-23-15 05:30 PM
    Sorry to hear your trouble but for a better perspective I am on my 2nd Q10 with no problems with keyboard. Just sayin.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:30 PM
126 123 ...