As many of you know, tomorrow (June 4th), is the official release of the HTC Evo. It seems like a lot of us will be jumping ship. Definitely not good news for BB (actually RIM).

Check this.

See you on the other side!
    06-03-10 10:54 AM
    Not me but see ya!
    06-03-10 10:59 AM
    On the contrary, I'm starting my own mini-rebellion against all things Google.
    06-03-10 11:00 AM
    I'll die with a blackberry in my hand. And that is no joke.
    mossa210 likes this.
    06-03-10 11:01 AM
    lol amen!!
    06-03-10 11:03 AM
    Have fun with the battery life.

I think rim could care less that the evo is being released tomorrow...
    06-03-10 11:04 AM
    Yeah after watching some of the reviews. im convinced that bb is where i need to be. i just feel i need a physical keyboard, so im holding out to see if my wife will let me get the bold 9650. or wait and see whats next for sprint.
    06-03-10 11:17 AM
    me too!
    06-03-10 11:19 AM
    As many of you know, tomorrow (June 4th), is the official release of the HTC Evo. It seems like a lot of us will be jumping ship. Definitely not good news for BB (actually RIM).

Check this.

See you on the other side!
    We will still be here when you're ready to come back, it's only a matter of time...
    06-03-10 11:21 AM
    I'm suffering from google burn out myself.
    06-03-10 11:22 AM
    Just picked up a S2 off ebay so to get OS6 and let my S1 rest. I'm here to stay also!
    06-03-10 11:26 AM
    Have fun with the battery life.

To be honest I'm a little worry about the battery life issue (and a couple of other things as well like lack of physical keyboard), but I'll figure something out. Also, it was not easy to make the decision to change but I think BB has not done much to bring an exciting phone out. And I get it, it is a phone targeted mostly to business people so they don't need the flashy stuff. I really enjoyed while it lasted and I do hope BB (er..RIM) comes out with a phone and an OS (beyond 6.0) that are more exciting and fun. But the again, functionality vs. flashiness (and functionality).
    06-03-10 11:26 AM
    We will still be here when you're ready to come back, it's only a matter of time...
    This is a possible scenario too. We'll see. The good thing is that if in 30 days, for any reason I'm not happy with the Evo, I can switch for the 9650. Who knows?
    06-03-10 11:31 AM
    LOL! I doubt one informal website survey spells the end of days for RIM.
    Last edited by Glenn J; 06-03-10 at 11:37 AM. Reason: speeeeling
    06-03-10 11:33 AM
    I WAS thinking about a switch to ATT and the 9800, but I'm not sure I like the new rates. I'm not even thinking about the Evo, but I'll look at LTE when it comes around.
    06-03-10 11:34 AM
    I WAS thinking about a switch to ATT and the 9800, but I'm not sure I like the new rates. I'm not even thinking about the Evo, but I'll look at LTE when it comes around.
    Do you know if T-Mobile will be getting the 9800? My contract with AT&T is not over until next year, but I'll be looking to switch if I cannot keep the unlimited data if I get a new device.
    06-03-10 11:39 AM
    Right there with you. But seriously, I've heard some excitement over the 4g phone, but nothing crazy. Overhyped
    06-03-10 11:41 AM
    I'm happy with my Blackberry.
    06-03-10 11:41 AM
    Do you know if T-Mobile will be getting the 9800? My contract with AT&T is not over until next year, but I'll be looking to switch if I cannot keep the unlimited data if I get a new device.
    No one knows this... Or I should say at least no one here knows this.
    06-03-10 11:56 AM
    Why do geeks think that they outnumber hollywood, business and corporate users or government employees ? RIM could care less. Not to mention markets outside of Europe and North America where the BB is spreading like a plague and making RIM wealthier each month.
    There is not a shred of worry for them, given that rich people in suites that run companies like FORBES use BB almost exclusively.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 12:07 PM
    06-03-10 12:27 PM
    You can tell which device is most envied by how many compare or insult it. Like Dale Carnegie said, nobody kicks a dead dog.
    Iphone
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 3gs
    Palm pre (whatever!)
    Droid
    Droid Incredible

Now we must endure the "EVO is out and I'm all over it!" crowd.

Next month it will be a new phone, same old trolls. Let's all share a group yawn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 12:33 PM
    I'm actually amazed at how many smart phones people buy. All these posts about jumping ship or coming back. I might not like a phone I have but I'm not going to go out and get a different one and pay hundreds for it. For all the people out there who say "The evo will take customers from BB", just remember that the people jumping ship already bought a BB and as soon as some new shiny comes out they will probably jump ship again. In the end most of these people will end up buying a bunch of smartphones and helping all the companies.
    06-03-10 12:44 PM
    Rumor has it, that the 9800 has a period of exclusivity (3 months has been suggested) with ATT, and then it is believed it is coming to other carriers, BUT nothing has been announced at all, so it's all just speculation.
    06-03-10 12:50 PM
    HTC EVO? Nah, I'm good right here in BB land.
    06-03-10 12:54 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD