One of my colleagues, Jessica Duncan is currently in Uganda helping to build a school. She is blogging about the experience for one of our publications but with her being in a remote part of Africa with no Internet connection for her computer until weekends, the problem was how to send her reports back to the office.
    The solution we came up with - Blackberry! A BB device bought second hand (in case it was stolen, damaged or lost we didn't want an expensive phone), unlocked and set up with a local sim with BIS and the paper gets regular updates from her on this very worthwhile assignment.
    If you would like to read her account of the trip, check out this link:
    MKWeb | Blogs | Jessicas-Journey
    It really does show the power of Blackberry and how cost effective it can be for reporting from remote places worldwide.
    08-07-13 05:36 PM
    How cool is that!!!

I was born in Tanzania, so close to where she is...will give it a read for sure!
    Mwanahabari likes this.
    08-07-13 06:16 PM
    Great!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:54 PM
    Good stuff. #totalenvy

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:08 PM
    Super story. Hope all your journalists are using BlackBerry phones. In my opinion they remain the best mobile typing and communicating experiences out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 10:19 PM
    Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:41 PM
    Cheers guys. I thought you'd like this story as it shows how Blackberry can succeed where others fail. Also the pre-pay method was so cheap it was ridiculous (about 26p per day if I remember correctly).
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading her exploits over there and she will be made up if she she knows people are reading it.
    08-08-13 12:55 AM