you might get an infraction for calling him a stupid tool (which i can agree with that comment).
    I would expect an infraction if I called another CrackBerry member a stupid tool... I didn't. I called a public figure a "stupid tool". If we're not allowed to call any public figures who are not CrackBerry.com members a "stupid tool" when they clearly ARE stupid tools, I am misunderstanding the intent of forum moderation rules.

Perhaps Geller is a CrackBerry.com member... I'm not calling him a stupid tool for something he posted on CrackBerry.com under his CrackBerry.com identity, I'm calling him a stupid tool for the stupid toolish behaviour he exhibits on his for-profit tech blog.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-07-12 09:03 AM
    It is not out of the realm of possibility he played with an N series prototype, this also does not mean it is the actual device. It could very well be a Dev C. (Though N series devices ARE out there)
    12-07-12 10:07 AM
    N-series are probably harder to spot because they look similar to current BBs
    12-07-12 10:10 AM
    And if he's talking about it, wouldn't he be breaking a big-time NDA?
    Well not if he hadn't signed an NDA himself* - this might be a surprise to some people but sometimes people in the know show people stuff that *they* have signed an NDA for - I saw such a device this week, if I talked about it, what could the company behind the device do to me?

Absolutely nothing.

* without getting into my own side argument that proper journalists don't sign NDAs.
    12-07-12 10:12 AM
    Well not if he hadn't signed an NDA himself* - this might be a surprise to some people but sometimes people in the know show people stuff that *they* have signed an NDA for - I saw such a device this week, if I talked about it, what could the company behind the device do to me?

Absolutely nothing.

* without getting into my own side argument that proper journalists don't sign NDAs.
    They couldnt do anything to you at all, but the employee that broke the NDA could and should be terminated.
    12-07-12 10:21 AM
    They couldnt do anything to you at all, but the employee that broke the NDA could and should be terminated.

Well maybe but that doesn't change the actual point - that just because someone has signed an NDA doesn't mean they don't have access to people who have.
    12-07-12 10:22 AM
    Well maybe but that doesn't change the actual point - that just because someone has signed an NDA doesn't mean they don't have access to people who have.
    That is very correct. However anyone who has signed an NDA risks quite a bit just to leak some information without benefit.
    12-07-12 10:24 AM
    That is very correct. However anyone who has signed an NDA risks quite a bit just to leak some information without benefit.
    Well there are always wheels within wheels - often these sorts of leaks occur because the company actually wants the leak to occur or because one faction wants to embarrass another faction in an organisation - it's hard to say from the outside (I'm talking generically rather than specifically about RIM) - every organisation is a hotbed of politics and power plays and leaks like this are one of the ways that they manifest.
    12-07-12 10:27 AM
    Well there are always wheels within wheels - often these sorts of leaks occur because the company actually wants the leak to occur or because one faction wants to embarrass another faction in an organisation - it's hard to say from the outside (I'm talking generically rather than specifically about RIM) - every organisation is a hotbed of politics and power plays and leaks like this are one of the ways that they manifest.
    You also have those that simply want to leak information, or take pride in the fact that they were able to get information out without others knowing. And of course you get financial considerations, etc.
    12-07-12 10:30 AM
    You also have those that simply want to leak information, or take pride in the fact that they were able to get information out without others knowing. And of course you get financial considerations, etc.
    Sure that can occur as well, then you get just straight forward carelessness, accident rather than malice.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-07-12 10:31 AM
    Sure that can occur as well, then you get just straight forward carelessness, accident rather than malice.
    Alcohol can easily be used as well lol
    12-07-12 10:33 AM
    @Lorax. oooohh..i thought you were calling dbw1000 a stupid tool (oh shucks). carry on...lol
    12-07-12 11:04 AM
    How does a resolution feel awkward?
    I would guess, he,s alluding to 16:9 becoming the defacto standard. Just IMO of course.
    12-07-12 12:52 PM
    @Lorax. oooohh..i thought you were calling dbw1000 a stupid tool (oh shucks). carry on...lol
    Which you agreed with. Care to elaborate?
    12-08-12 09:27 AM
    I stopped reading BGR years ago.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-08-12 04:29 PM
    The native framework automatically conforms to different screen sizes without issue. This is a non-issue for application developers.
    Game developers will most likely target the full-touch BlackBerry 10 device to take advantage of it's screen real estate.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-08-12 04:52 PM
    The native framework automatically conforms to different screen sizes without issue. This is a non-issue for application developers.
    Game developers will most likely target the full-touch BlackBerry 10 device to take advantage of it's screen real estate.

+1. And same goes for WebWorks+BBui.js
    12-09-12 04:01 AM
    They can also include two sets of graphics if they wish to use the 720x720 N series resolution. The device is very nice, and the keyboard as good as the 99xx. Many people will love it.
    12-13-12 05:09 AM
118 ... 345