Will be there if no BBOS upgrades - phone wise

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 04:36 PM
    I have no trouble working with software in progress.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 04:37 PM
    As I said before, I wish they had devices that support the US carriers LTE bands, I would buy one in a second to play around with.
    Old_Mil likes this.
    05-09-16 02:10 PM
    As I said before, I wish they had devices that support the US carriers LTE bands, I would buy one in a second to play around with.
    I don't know much about US stuff but maybe:
    https://www.turingphone.com/
    05-09-16 03:43 PM
    The thought of a Turing phone is quite exciting. If and when it ever 'arrives', the second version will be something to behold. Isn't it interesting the folks behind the development of the Sailfish OS isn't thinking, 'too little, too late'.....more like, 'moving forward'... win or fail.
    05-10-16 09:37 AM
    The thought of a Turing phone is quite exciting. If and when it ever 'arrives', the second version will be something to behold. Isn't it interesting the folks behind the development of the Sailfish OS isn't thinking, 'too little, too late'.....more like, 'moving forward'... win or fail.
    I'm sure there's plenty of negative people on here just waiting to chime in with the "too late to the party" mantra!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-10-16 10:20 AM
    Isn't it just Yet another Operating System (YaOS) with even less differentiation than BB10?

Can it send texts and make calls too?
    05-10-16 10:50 AM
    Isn't it just Yet another Operating System (YaOS) with even less differentiation than BB10?

Can it send texts and make calls too?
    It's based on Meego, which was core based on the Mer Project and Maemo, which was released and in development well before BB10, the design BB10 copied from
    05-10-16 12:03 PM
    I'll be surprised if the Turing phone ever makes it into the light of day with anything but sample quantity much like the Jolla tablet. This is the 3rd attempt of Turing producing a phone and the Sailfish Turing has already met delays. The last communication said they were planning on shipping in June.
    05-10-16 12:36 PM
    I'll be surprised if the Turing phone ever makes it into the light of day with anything but sample quantity much like the Jolla tablet. This is the 3rd attempt of Turing producing a phone and the Sailfish Turing has already met delays. The last communication said they were planning on shipping in June.
    That email was recently, I remember posts with people receiving the email saying it was in production.
    05-10-16 12:58 PM
    That email was recently, I remember posts with people receiving the email saying it was in production.
    Attached Thumbnails Jolla's Sailfish OS looks to have significantly improved beyond BB10 (IMO)-1462903217879.jpg  
    05-10-16 01:00 PM
    That was the April delay. Its been pushed to May/June more likely June. There is nothing on the Turing Facebook page saying they are shipping production units.
    05-10-16 01:04 PM
    I would expect further delays as they were moving the whole manufacturing facility to Salo, in southwest Finland. Granted it's not a large facility as they are only hoping to manufacture about 150K by the end of the year. But that's only after they hire maybe 300 more people to help the existing 45 employees (that are spread out over three continents).

Steve Chao was also responsible for the QSAplha, which missed crowdfunding targets to build an earlier super-secure phone. This time he got a group of investors... all of whom are looking at Apple, HTC and Samsung talking about how saturated the high end market is. All of whom are seeing mobile OS after mobile OS being killed off due to poor sales, all of whom have seen the problems Sailfish has had over the last year. All of whom are probably wishing they had invested in something stable like Oil

And while I know the super-secure thing might be important... sound like that is just device security, not real communications security - except from Turing phone to Turing phone if you use their built in messaging system? Chao said "“Everything is hackable. It’s [more about] the price you pay to hack something,” he says. “With our device, a hacker would have to hack them one by one, as opposed to when hackers hit servers, and maybe millions of records are lost at once.”

They may sell 10K or 100K of them as novelties....
    05-10-16 03:13 PM
    That's the real problem. I'd get one in a minute as well.

As it stands you're stuck with Edge or (at best) 3G.
    05-11-16 04:33 PM
    That's the real problem. I'd get one in a minute as well.

As it stands you're stuck with Edge or (at best) 3G.
    Exactly
    05-11-16 04:51 PM
    That is my next smartphone, the Turing phone. Soon soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 04:10 AM
91 ... 234