Checkout the newest release of the os. It's what I imagine bb10 could have been had they not killed it.

A First Look at Sailfish OS 2.0

Now let's just pray Jolla doesn't die as well as their indiegogo tablet project almost ruined them financially https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-closure/

On the upside Jolla has indicated that it is moving out of the hardware business and will focus on software development (Sailfish) and licensing the os to hardware manufacturers. The first time we will likely be able to use a Sailfish OS device in North America (with radio support better than EDGE) will likely be when they turing liquid metal phone ships in April 2016 Rugged Turing Phone to Run on Sailfish OS, Not Android | Mobile | LinuxInsider

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-14-16 09:17 AM
    You're a tad late lol :P

Yes it has evolved a lot, still needs a hell of a lot of work though
    gugomat likes this.
    02-14-16 10:02 AM
    Turing Jolla Sailfish Os would be my next phone if BlackBerry stop making BB10 phones.

  
    Prem WatsApp and lactose like this.
    02-14-16 10:33 AM
    You're a tad late lol :P

Yes it has evolved a lot, still needs a hell of a lot of work though
    Not late since won't be available in North America with lte til april

02-14-16 10:58 AM
    Not late since won't be available in North America with lte til april

I meant the OS release, 2.0 has been out for a few months now.
    Certainly needs some work + their App situation is pretty awful

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 10:59 AM
    Hopefully they'll have better luck than Firefox OS.

*A3-A20
    02-14-16 12:05 PM
    Hopefully they'll have better luck than Firefox OS.

*A3-A20
    The os is a million times better than Firefox os.

app_Developer likes this.
    02-14-16 12:55 PM
    BB 10 has fully matured and now coming to a grinding halt. Let's hope Jolla evolves well and has good apps eco system. Still way to go.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-14-16 12:58 PM
    Turing Jolla Sailfish Os would be my next phone if BlackBerry stop making BB10 phones.

  
    Yes, mate. Open source gesture goodness enhanced by a "security freak", ... what else would you want?

Google is going too hard with their Android control mentality, so if there is another OS that can run the apps, is open source and have security enhancements, I'm in.

I congratulate Turing on the choice of abandoning Android for Sailfish, and hope the really pull that off that feat ... ! :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari and BerrySoul like this.
    02-14-16 04:59 PM
    I Agree to a certain extent. Problem is Android Apps are not well designed. The App interview is old and outdated. Don't worry, iOS apps are even worst.

BB10 Native App interface is the best in the industry. And the majority of these Native Apps run and look like the BlackBerry HUB. Can't get better then that.

Rocking a Z30
    silversmith75 and Q10Bold like this.
    02-14-16 05:11 PM
    I telling you Jolla is CRAPPP is unusable and the UI is annoying BlackBerry 10 is hundred maybe millions of years ahead of Jolla

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 05:48 PM
    I telling you Jolla is CRAPPP is unusable and the UI is annoying BlackBerry 10 is hundred maybe millions years ahead of Jolla

Posted via CB10
    You probably have the ****ty Jolla phone?
    The one with completely unpowered hardware

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 05:50 PM
    No I don't, a friend of mine have one and is annoying is terrible OS

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 06:01 PM
    No I don't, a friend of mine have one and is annoying is terrible OS

Posted via CB10
    Everyone to their own,
    Which version of Sailfish was it running?

I personally like it

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 06:46 PM
    I tried out sailfish 1.x (I can't remember the precise version #) on my Nexus 4 and I have to say that they've done a nice job of designing the interface. It's beautiful. I wasn't as thrilled with the gestures, which I found unintuitive.... And suddenly I understood what people were saying about BB10. Either the gestures work for you or they don't. I like the BB10 and webOS gestures. I didn't care for the Sailfish ones at all. But that's personal preference. I hope they succeed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    skstrials likes this.
    02-14-16 07:39 PM
    I thought Jolla was done making software and devices?
    02-14-16 09:19 PM
    Wow, a mobile OS less relevant than BB10.
    rthonpm and cribble2k like this.
    02-14-16 09:40 PM
    The os is a million times better than Firefox os.

Being a million times better doesn't necessarily mean it'll have better luck.

*A3-A20
    02-14-16 09:46 PM
    I thought Jolla was done making software and devices?
    Only hardware. They are trying to license Sailfish to anyone and everyone interested. One does wonder how financially viable that plan may be.....I wonder if there is even a chance of them being able to profitably license an os whose biggest competitor is given out for free with with full Google play services by the most valuable company in their world. It's kind of amazing to me that a crowd funded product(turing phone) would feel so strongly about the superiority of Sailfish OS over android that they were willing to not only pay to license it, but also decided to announce it without having any sort of discussion with their backers.

02-14-16 10:39 PM
    Only hardware. They are trying to license Sailfish to anyone and everyone interested. One does wonder how financially viable that plan may be.....I wonder if there is even a chance of them being able to profitably license an os whose biggest competitor is given out for free with with full Google play services by the most valuable company in their world. It's kind of amazing to me that a crowd funded product(turing phone) would feel so strongly about the superiority of Sailfish OS over android that they were willing to not only pay to license it, but also decided to announce it without having any sort of discussion with their backers.

BlackBerry tried that route with BB10... Didn't work out for them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-platform.html

*C5303
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-15-16 12:39 AM
    Never had Jolla, but one of my previous phones was Nokia n950 running Meego, predecessor of Jolla. It had outstanding UI. Still unmatched, even by BB and its hub.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-16 04:17 AM
    I tried out sailfish 1.x (I can't remember the precise version #) on my Nexus 4 and I have to say that they've done a nice job of designing the interface. It's beautiful. I wasn't as thrilled with the gestures, which I found unintuitive.... And suddenly I understood what people were saying about BB10. Either the gestures work for you or they don't. I like the BB10 and webOS gestures. I didn't care for the Sailfish ones at all. But that's personal preference. I hope they succeed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

You should give 2.0 a try if you can, it's much better and the UI is cleaner
    02-15-16 05:05 AM
    I just ordered a Jolla Sailfish mobile which I'm picking up next week from my sister in the UK. It helps I'm going on a business trip so the flight is free! They won't deliver to anywhere outside of Europe. I liked the look of the OS in demos and is the closest thing I've found as true alternative to BB10, I'll report back in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it appears the device will only work on 2G here (Canada) but it's the OS I'm interested in more than anything else. I've also got on order an Ubuntu Aquaris E5 HD which should arrive while I'm there too. There was too much complaining here about the lack of choice in OSs, which I agree with, so I decided to create choice for myself.
    02-15-16 06:50 AM
    Jolla is another great OS, that will be plagued by the app gap. And another problem is that because it supports Android apps (just like BB10), not Android OEM will be able to use it.
    02-15-16 07:23 AM
    I'd wait to see how the "restructuring" goes..... might be the a year from now there isn't a company call Jolla.

With Google giveing away Android (there are cost though), and Android being so dominant.... just not a good business to be in at this point. Three or four years ago, there were plenty of investors out there willing to fund the next big OS. Not so much today.

They only shipped about 700 of those crowdfunded Tablets....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-15-16 07:46 AM
91 123 ...