[QUOTE=leftypepper716;7738119]Ok....why would I want to commit to buying ANY device site unseen, just because its a BlackBerry? Before I even bought my Bold 9930, I at least tried the demo the day before at Sprint and Verizon. More than likely I will get a BlackBerry N series or an iPhone 5S, but I will try both out at the Sprint store before just buying whatever. This is kinda of a silly Jim Jones, "Drink The Kool-aide" thread.[/QUOTE]

There always has to be one. Nobody is asking you to commit to anything.

That's great you try the devices before you make a sound purchase. Many of us already do that and will probably do the same thing on release day when the various carriers have BB10 devices on display just to be a 100% sure. With that being said, most carriers do have a return policy even if you don't try out the device before hand.

Now, we are excited for BB10, and in my humble opinion here is nothing wrong with being excited for a new device or OS especially coming from RIM. Whether you are late to the BB party or have been around since the beginning it is a very exciting time for RIM and many of us are pulling for RIM to succeed.
    kbz1960 and Barljo like this.
    11-20-12 11:50 AM
    Ok....why would I want to commit to buying ANY device site unseen, just because its a BlackBerry? Before I even bought my Bold 9930, I at least tried the demo the day before at Sprint and Verizon. More than likely I will get a BlackBerry N series or an iPhone 5S, but I will try both out at the Sprint store before just buying whatever. This is kinda of a silly Jim Jones, "Drink The Kool-aide" thread.
    Nobody's forcing you to get one sight unseen, nor forcing you to post in this thread. These people have decided to buy BB10 devices as first adopters, let them. Right or wrong, it's their choice, and frankly none of your or my business.
    11-20-12 11:53 AM
    Aarick, USA - Show my buddy just what his iPhone 5 ISN'T capable of
    11-20-12 03:17 PM
    You're forgetting that most carriers charge a $35.00 fee also. So again, common sense would be to at least try it out at the store before just buying it site unseen.
    11-20-12 04:39 PM
    Priscila, M�xico, I think I will compare to my BB9860 and customize it! ... also I will show it to my family
    11-20-12 04:46 PM
    BTW I will love to have a place (virtual or physical) where I can pre-order my new BB10 ... I know I will have to wait, but I really think tis should be great.
    11-20-12 04:49 PM
    I'm pledging to buy 10! Buying 10 units in honor of BlackBerry 10.
    And give them all away on here?
    11-20-12 04:54 PM
    You're forgetting that most carriers charge a $35.00 fee also. So again, common sense would be to at least try it out at the store before just buying it site unseen.
    $35.00 fee for what? Activation? Not in Canada. All the major carriers have recently dropped (more like hid) the activation fee. But at the end of the day, no matter how many devices you tried out or which phone you end up purchasing there would still be an activation fee.

If you return the original device that you didn't like and got a second device the cellphone provider wouldn't charge you another activation fee, would they? I never had that issue prior to, it would normally get waived.
    11-20-12 05:11 PM
    If you get an upgrade device and return it within 14 days, you still have to pay a $35..00 restocking fee with Sprint. The activation fee doesn't apply, just the restocking fee. So that is why I would never just upgrade or worse yet, buy a device without having some common sense and try it out at least at the store.
    11-20-12 06:19 PM
    Ok....why would I want to commit to buying ANY device site unseen, just because its a BlackBerry? Before I even bought my Bold 9930, I at least tried the demo the day before at Sprint and Verizon. More than likely I will get a BlackBerry N series or an iPhone 5S, but I will try both out at the Sprint store before just buying whatever. This is kinda of a silly Jim Jones, "Drink The Kool-aide" thread.
    For the same reason I bought my first iPhone sight unseen, my Atrix, and my Skyrocket.

I want it. I've got the cash. I'm over 21.

I hate Kool-Aid.

I prefer Sobe. Or San Pellegrino.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    BoldAlways and jakie55 like this.
    11-21-12 04:52 AM
    Jason - Ottawa, Ontario : ...because I deserve it...and I got sh*t to get done !
    11-21-12 05:16 AM
    keep the pledges coming!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 02:32 PM
    Brent - Saskatoon, Canada: Taunt other customers in the SaskTel store who are there to purchase the iphone...
    disneynorth likes this.
    11-24-12 02:39 PM
    James, Ontario, Canada: after taking the day off to line up for BB10, I'll spend the entire day showing my iPhone friends what a real smartphone is.
    And they will laugh at you
    11-24-12 02:58 PM
    And they will laugh at you
    Really? I guess he needs different friends then.
    disneynorth likes this.
    11-24-12 03:07 PM
    Really? I guess he needs different friends then.
    I'd probably laugh at someone that came up to me with any phone and tried to show me "what a real smartphone is".

I won't be joining this pledge, but I will probably buy a BB10 handset if I want to at the time.
    11-24-12 04:16 PM
    I'd probably laugh at someone that came up to me with any phone and tried to show me "what a real smartphone is".

I won't be joining this pledge, but I will probably buy a BB10 handset if I want to at the time.
    LOL well I guess if he puts it that way but I see more of an oh yeah can.........................

I will be getting a BB10 handset when my time comes. I will not pay full price and I may be forced to another carrier next summer so I have to wait and see what happens there also as I won't be able to take a phone from my current to a different carrier.
    11-24-12 04:21 PM
    and then he will prove that BB10 is just as good, as it has (almost) all the apps that they have. then he'll show peak and flow and active frames and they will no longer scoff @ him.

Join the pledge!
    disneynorth likes this.
    11-24-12 08:19 PM
    and then he will prove that BB10 is just as good, as it has (almost) all the apps that they have. then he'll show peak and flow and active frames and they will no longer scoff @ him.

Join the pledge!
    People don't care about peak and flow, they care about angry birds, fruit ninjas, facebook, Twitter, flip board, skype, pinterest, tumblr, instagram and couple that to any hardware bam you got a hot seller.

A monkey running a company could make a banana shaped phone sell if it had all that.
    Last edited by inthemix9; 11-24-12 at 08:37 PM.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    11-24-12 08:24 PM
    People don't care about peak and flow, they care about angry birds, fruit ninjas, facebook, Twitter, tumblr, instagram and couple that to any hardware bam you got a hot seller.

A monkey running a company could make a banana shaped phone sell if it had all that.
    Why are you threadcrapping? If someone shows off a BB10 phone only to get laughed at by friends, how does that concern you?
    11-24-12 08:30 PM
    Why are you threadcrapping? If someone shows off a BB10 phone only to get laughed at by friends, how does that concern you?
    I said he would get laughed at only if he referred to it as a "real smartphone". Don't think anyone wants to hear that their device isn't up to par. If someone brought me a device and said "this is what a real smartphone is" I'd giggle.
    11-24-12 08:37 PM
    I said he would get laughed at only if he referred to it as a "real smartphone". Don't think anyone wants to hear that their device isn't up to par. If someone brought me a device and said "this is what a real smartphone is" I'd giggle.
    Understood. But as I told someone else in this thread, right choice or not--these early adopters are entitled to make it and whatever they do thereafter. If they get laughed at for whatever reason, I'm sure these people are grownups and can handle it
    11-24-12 08:43 PM
    Khaled, Saudi Arabia, Set up my accounts and start looking for apps
    11-25-12 04:51 AM
    Ryan, South Africa. Will also pull a sickie, then spend the day getting to know it and the few minutes needed to transfer my info. After that, I'll show off to my mates with iPhones and make them want to return to BB.
    11-25-12 07:25 AM
    Anish Joseph from INDIA.. waiting for BB10 to get on my hands on the release day..!!!!!!
    waiting to let the whole INDIA know what a amazing BB10 device is better than ty android's fragmentation and IOS..!!!!
    11-25-12 08:21 AM
172 ... 4567