Dunno where you're going with that. Last I checked... the shareholders weren't exactly thrilled.
    Last I checked, there wasn't a "click this poll to indicate your sentiments" with the options "thrilled" and "not exactly thrilled" in any meeting for share holders.

You must have some sort of access to classified data. So, where did you get those data?
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-06-14 01:46 AM
    Last I checked, there wasn't a "click this poll to indicate your sentiments" with the options "thrilled" and "not exactly thrilled" in any meeting for share holders.

You must have some sort of access to classified data. So, where did you get those data?
    Maybe he's going by the market reaction?
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-06-14 03:05 AM
    Definitely not the q20. The number of people that want a keyboard phone now, is not enough to make a dent in the smartphone sector

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 03:31 AM
    Funny reading ppl's comment bashing Chen he just got on board ending of last year and 2 products that are yet to be released... See the Z3 gonna make huge change! Cuz of the price and he is focusing where blackberry still got huge market share just like here in Nigeria everybody got blackberry phones but most are BB OS but with the price cut of Z10 I'm now seeing lot of ppl with white Zs now tell me why Z3 won't make huge sales here and counttries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, And so on.. You hardly see ppl with iphones and Andriod here just as America ppl come here to say they don't see ppl using BB anymore there!... With the price of the Z3 its gonna make huge success where they focus selling them cuz Blackberry still got huge brand value and market share, even 60 percent of Andriod sales are from the low end chinese devices like Techno, Levono,Huwai and etc... Even here in Nigeria your almighty galaxy phones find it so difficult to hit the market that they has to use BBm to adverte their galaxy S4 to let you know the value and goodwill of blackberry and BBm got here and other countries... See Chen not talking about US now but where we still appreciate and value BB products and not where Carriers and sales reps gonna tell us what to do or which phone to buy.... For the Q20 is for the executives cuz we got lot business men that can't type on glass that are in love with Blackberry's keyboard the likes of Piers Morgan, The Kardashian Family, Nicki Minaj and even Drake, Robin Van Persie of Manchester United and so.. So yall should stop Bashing Chen's strategy and let these products get outa there and give him time to do his THING!!!
    AthenaSmith, keypad and wincyUt like this.
    04-06-14 04:05 AM
    Funny reading ppl's comment bashing Chen he just got on board ending of last year and 2 products that are yet to be released... See the Z3 gonna make huge change! Cuz of the price and he is focusing where blackberry still got huge market share just like here in Nigeria everybody got blackberry phones but most are BB OS but with the price cut of Z10 I'm now seeing lot of ppl with white Zs now tell me why Z3 won't make huge sales here and counttries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, And so on.. You hardly see ppl with iphones and Andriod here just as America ppl come here to say they don't see ppl using BB anymore there!... With the price of the Z3 its gonna make huge success where they focus selling them cuz Blackberry still got huge brand value and market share, even 60 percent of Andriod sales are from the low end chinese devices like Techno, Levono,Huwai and etc... Even here in Nigeria your almighty galaxy phones find it so difficult to hit the market that they has to use BBm to adverte their galaxy S4 to let you know the value and goodwill of blackberry and BBm got here and other countries... See Chen not talking about US now but where we still appreciate and value BB products and not where Carriers and sales reps gonna tell us what to do or which phone to buy.... For the Q20 is for the executives cuz we got lot business men that can't type on glass that are in love with Blackberry's keyboard the likes of Piers Morgan, The Kardashian Family, Nicki Minaj and even Drake, Robin Van Persie of Manchester United and so.. So yall should stop Bashing Chen's strategy and let these products get outa there and give him time to do his THING!!!
    The celebrities you named are not business men. Not only that, I have seen real business men hooked on their iPhone and galaxies. This is what I have seen and not an opinion. Imo, a full touch high end device has to be designed for business too. Apple and android have cooed without it.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:19 AM
    John Chen / Blackberrys turn around winning strategy, will not be in devices at all.

It will be in services.

1. BYOD

2. BBM

3. BBM Money

4. QNX embedded services

5. BB10.3

Consumer Hardware for BlackBerry is a dead end Road.

Apple, Samsung, Nokia etc etc etc, have this market sewn up.

But after all is said and done, I still want a BlackBerry Q30 or the Blackberry Classic and that will not change.

I hope they make it to market.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:56 AM
    John Chen / Blackberrys turn around winning strategy, will not be in devices at all.

It will be in services.

1. BYOD

2. BBM

3. BBM Money

4. QNX embedded services

5. BB10.3

But after all is said and done, I still want a BlackBerry Q30 or the Blackberry Classic and that will not change.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping number 5 comes ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:07 AM
    You wrong! You mean piers not a business man? And writing articles and all that with typing on a glass? Even all these other celebrities I mentioned type heavily on their phones which they love doing that on their blackberry keyboard not on a glass and they only got iphones and andriods for instagram and co....
    04-06-14 05:14 AM
    Maybe he's going by the market reaction?
    Same thing applies. Do share holders fill in forms when they buy or sell stating how thrilled they are?

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-06-14 05:15 AM
    You wrong! You mean piers not a business man? And writing articles and all that with typing on a glass? Even all these other celebrities I mentioned type heavily on their phones which they love doing that on their blackberry keyboard not on a glass and they only got iphones and andriods for instagram and co....
    I agree there is a large subset of people that use blackberry keyboards, I am don't denying that. But I am saying I know personally business people and have also observed that the majority of people carry touch screen phones.

Piers was a journalist and is now a talk show host. One could argue that he might be thinking like a business man when choosing his life's decisions, ie what will bring in more money etc... but definetely not his background.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:29 AM
    Q20 might have been a breakout device if Chen had not announced a new production run of the 9900.

If the Q20 was supposed to be the device to transition Bold owners to BB10 why would we move when we can simply get a new 9900.

I would have been tempted by it to replace my Bold, but now I can just get a new 9900 and carry on as normal without having the hassle of learning a new OS, replacing apps etc when the Bold does all I need from a daily driver.

Sure that I am not alone.
    04-06-14 06:11 AM
    A Lot of people here seem to have forgotten. That the Z10s being sold for cheap have already been written off last 2 quarters right before TH stepped down and john chen came to bat.

Anything they sell the phone for now is profit. They are not loosing money on this.

The Z3 is made to keep up this momentum but is still (just slightly) profitable. They cant keep producing Z10s and sell it at that price. It would be absurd.

The Z3 is positioned to be the user base maker like the Nokia Lumia 520 was. Profit is secondary. Everything the lumia line has achieve today started with the lumia 520 which is their cheapest lowest end phone.

When that became sold in millions only then did the developers started warming up to windows phone and big apps like instagram started introducing native apps on window phone.

The Q20 is positioned to entice BBOS customers to upgrade to BB10. Its simple and could be very effective.

There will be one new "flagship" which john chen says is made to attract the current ios and android users. Now this is the device that attracts me because by saying that it has to be a WOW device. I just hope that its coming this year rather than next year!

There is no singular "turnaround" device. Its a multi prong strategy.

Blackberry has done their research this time and its easy to see that there is "some" brilliance to their plan.

Till then keep buying those Z30s. I wouldnt hold my breath for a flagship touch device this year and dont say that the Z30 ain't good enough cause it is.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    EOSummer likes this.
    04-06-14 06:19 AM
    Q20 might have been a breakout device if Chen had not announced a new production run of the 9900.

If the Q20 was supposed to be the device to transition Bold owners to BB10 why would we move when we can simply get a new 9900.

I would have been tempted by it to replace my Bold, but now I can just get a new 9900 and carry on as normal without having the hassle of learning a new OS, replacing apps etc when the Bold does all I need from a daily driver.

Sure that I am not alone.
    I'm more inclined to say that the possibility of selling out the new batches of Bolds (not sure if its confirmed to ONLY 9900s or what) is quite high.

So John Chen should not do the moneygrab?
    04-06-14 06:20 AM
    I think Chen's turnaround device will be a Z10 sized device with a physical keyboard.
    I think it will be the z50 all touch. That's the device he said in a interview that will win people over. It's going to be a high end spec'd device.

The z50 will be the device to attract new customers. It's going to be 64-Bit Octa-Core or dual core. 4GB memory, 32GB HD, 1080p Super AMOLED display @ 5.2" with high ppi. 13 megapixel camera running 10.3 and sporting a 3000mah battery. BlackBerry is aiming to have this released by Q3 of 2014.

As of now the device to turn BlackBerry around is the Z3. If that phone sells well then BlackBerry is on track and we will see the Z50 happen. BlackBerry is forecasting Q3 2014 release. We have to wait and see how the Z3 is received in the market first. I think its going to do well. Fingers crossed.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-14 06:22 AM
    I think it will be the z50 all touch. That's the device he said in a interview that will win people over. It's going to be a high end spec'd device.

The z50 will be the device to attract new customers. It's going to be 64-Bit Octa-Core or dual core. 4GB memory, 32GB HD, 1080p Super AMOLED display @ 5.2" with high ppi. 13 megapixel camera running 10.3 and sporting a 3000mah battery. BlackBerry is aiming to have this released by Q3 of 2014.

As of now the device to turn BlackBerry around is the Z3. If that phone sells well then BlackBerry is on track and we will see the Z50 happen. BlackBerry is forecasting Q3 2014 release. We have to wait and see how the Z3 is received in the market first. I think its going to do well. Fingers crossed.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    I'm glad they are also focusing on a high end touch. However, the z50 or whatever it will end being named should be called the z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:31 AM
    I really think the Z3 is a nice shot to keep the platform alive. The same goes for the Q20.

If I remember correctly BlackBerry sold 1M BB10 phones during Q3 and 1.1M during Q4. With the Z3 in the right marketplace and a worthwhile Bold 9900 successor, the Q20, things can likely go up again.
    04-06-14 06:43 AM
    Dunno where you're going with that. Last I checked... the shareholders weren't exactly thrilled.
    What was the stock price when John Chen took office and what is it now
    04-06-14 07:02 AM
    Z10 is only a year old

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    But it was talked about way before it came out. I remember all the threads.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-06-14 07:22 AM

It will be in services.

1. BYOD

2. BBM

3. BBM Money

4. QNX embedded services

5. BB10.3

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-06-14 07:23 AM
    Oh it's there. I subscribe to his ideas. I am not qualified to infer more. More than that is within realm of speculation.

What bits that is repeated,
    1. Not going to make a loss for producing handsets, or the runs.
    2. The company looks to see itself into 4 segments, (but as of q3 has not qualify to be called a segment yet) where it differs from the past view of looking itself as a handset xompany.
    3. Looking into opportunities presented by expanding the 3 other segments.

What is so difficult about that?

You expect him to lay out a 1000000000000 page walk through like gamefaqs? Like every step by step?

Posted via CB on BB10
    That isn't a plan. Those are mere platitudes. What is BBRY's focus? Not losing money on hardware or reorganizing the company into 4, 5, 6 or 10 segments isn't it.
    richardat and Drew808 like this.
    04-06-14 07:40 AM
    I hope goodnews for Z3
    04-06-14 07:41 AM

It will be in services.
    Oh really? Then why does he keep talking about devices and changing OS's? The problem is, like you, after he first opened his mouth, I also thought it wouldn't be about devices. Then his gums kept flapping and it, in fact, is about devices -- albeit BBRY will no longer sell devices at a loss (as if Apple or Samsung were selling devices at a loss).
    04-06-14 07:44 AM
    That isn't a plan. Those are mere platitudes. What is BBRY's focus? Not losing money on hardware or reorganizing the company into 4, 5, 6 or 10 segments isn't it.
    So what they should have done then, in your opinion? I'm inclined to think that what they have done now (expanding their portfolio as a handset maker into a company that has 4 segments) isn't to your liking nor do you agree with it. So tell us, what do you think that BlackBerry should have done?
    04-06-14 08:13 AM
    But it was talked about way before it came out. I remember all the threads.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well it was talked as a new platform that could better challenge the other platforms. I don't recall the "iphone" killer moniker stuck to that, except for the Storm and the Torch 9800.
    04-06-14 08:14 AM
    The Z3 AND the Q20 are together going to please two different audiences.
    And then the successor to the Z30.... (Z50?) will gain the "new" consumers Chen speaks of.
    At least this is what I am hoping to see!
    badiyee, eldricho and AthenaSmith like this.
    04-06-14 08:25 AM
311 ... 34567 ...